5 WWE Superstars Who Should Be Universal Champion In The Next Year

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great weekend and of course, for you British readers like myself, I hope you are enjoying your Bank Holiday Monday! So, as I mentioned last week, the past month hasn't been the best for me with so much going on in my personal life its evident that I have been left pretty distracted and time away from special media and blogging was much needed! I am, however, easing myself back into both and want to try my best to focus on getting my life back on track and uploading regularly once again. I have a bunch of brand new ideas ready to go up and I'm excited to start this new chapter both here on my blog and of course my actual life! In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at the Universal Championship. Now, to be fair I haven't spoken about this title very much here on my blog simply because I haven't enjoyed what we have seen from the current champ nor felt as though there was much to talk about. However, Lesnar hopefully soon to drop the title I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at five potential future Universal Champions and exactly who should be champion within the next year! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me who you would add to this list by leaving a comment below or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Bobby Lashley

Since his return to the WWE, I have made it pretty clear both here on my blog and over on social media that I haven't been the biggest fan of what the WWE has done with Bobby Lashley. Upon his return I and the rest of the world were expecting to see a monster push waiting for Lashley however, instead he has been placed in a mediocre (at best) feud with Sami Zayn and while there is great potential for a damn good match this isn't where the destroyer should be and so many have been left disappointed. There were always two roads to take Bobby down in; the first was, of course, a heel run. Lashley works clear far stronger in the role of the bad guy. His the athlete who believes he's stronger, faster and all-around better than everyone else and that is exactly how he should be pushed. Part of the reason things haven't been so great for him as of late is that of the face run. The second option was, of course, chasing after the Universal championship. It's important to establish a brand new beast of the WWE. Someone to not only dethrone Lesnar of the title but make a big enough impact that leaves everyone believing there is a new start, a new chapter and a new beast in town and Bobby Lashley fits that bill perfectly. Now, I do still believe this could happen and building his momentum is all apart of the story the WWE is telling with him. Lashley is one of my personal favourites to take home the Universal Title next and there is no denying he is worthy and deserving of that major push!

Braun Strowman

Keeping on the theme of personal favourites to win the Universal Championship, Braun Strowman is up next in today's blog post and I'm sure this will come as no surprise to any of you! Pretty much since the start of the new year I have been sitting here claiming that Braun Strowman should without a shadow of a doubt go on to become the next Universal Champion and I am beyond surprised to see that the WWE hasn't sent him down that road as of yet. Sure he has come very close but the decision to not put the title on the Monster Among men is one that hasn't sat well with me and so many other fans. With his bad patch, however, looking to be out of the way Strowman is once again gaining momentum and I do believe that within the next six to twelve months he will find himself as champion. The WWE would be stupid not to put this title on Strowman. He's one of the most over stars not only on Monday night RAW but in the WWE right now and he screams Champion material. He is exactly what fans want to see as champion and the perfect talent to dethrone Lesnar. I do believe that out of everyone on this list today Strowman is most in need of this big push and the title reign and this is something the WWE really do need to focus on in the coming months.

Drew McIntyre

Drew McIntyre is another returning talent I have been disappointed with. His run down in NXT was brilliant with minimal flaws, however, since coming up to the main roster I haven't enjoyed what we have seen from the former IC Champion. His alliance with Ziggler hasn't been my cup of tea personally and his booking just hasn't been strong enough. Now, I do believe that a big push is waiting for McIntyre and this is one man the WWE won't make the mistake of failing for the second time. Will he face Brock Lesnar? While it's a decision I like the idea of and has great potential I doubt the Scottish star will be the face to dethrone Lesnar however, I do believe it is possible for him to capture the Universal Championship at some point within the next year, A good solid feud is needed and a damn strong story to help him build momentum and ease his way up the ladder. There's a lot that needs to be done with McIntyre and as I have mentioned in previous blog posts, exploring the idea of a newly formed Nexus may be one of the best moves the WWE can make heading forward.

Seth Rollins

While Roman Reigns is the far more likely star to find himself with the Universal Championship come the end of the year we have to take a look at Seth freaking Rollins. Sparking a brand new conversation that hints at him being the real face of Monday Night RAW Rollins is one of the biggest attractions the brand has to offer. His reaction from the fans in attendance on a weekly basis is something no one can ignore and something I'm sure the WWE are paying very close attention to. Rollins has made for a brilliant IC Champion so far, defending his title regularly, working brilliant matches and really finding his place on the roster. I of course, still prefer a heel Rollins to a face Rollins but either way he is a fantastic in-ring performer and someone we all love watching for a reason! Now, out of everyone on the list Seth is actually the man I least expect to see walk away with the Universal Championship within the next year, however, he is someone with somewhat unfinished business and history with Lesnar and of course, he is one of the most consistent stars on the roster with a story there to get him in the title picture. He's someone many fans would enjoy seeing as champion and someone who truly does deserve the push!

Kevin Owens

And the final superstar we are going to be talking about today is, of course, Kevin Owens. This is a man I think we can all say we enjoy watching. An all round entertaining talent, Owens is always on point and impressing and entertaining us all and his recent mini push really has sparked a lot of conversation. His many fans' favourite to win this year's Money in the Bank ladder match next month and while he isn't my personal favourite I can totally see it. Owens cashing in at SummerSlam would be perfect let it be on someone he has history with like Roman Reigns or Braun Strowman who are both likely names to face Lesnar at this pay per view or a talent like Bobby Lashley in the hopes to get revenge for his friend Sami Zayn which of course sets up a fresh feud between the friends there. Heck, even cashing in on Lesnar himself would be brilliant!

Recent Blog Posts:
Best and Worse Moments from this Weeks RAW & Smackdown LIVE
Top 10 Current WWE Big Men (Part 1)
WWE Superstars Who's Characters Must Go from 0 to 100 (Part 1)
HOW FAR CAN ELIAS GO IN THE WWE?


And that is my list and the end of today's blog post! I, of course, would love for you all to get involved so go ahead and tweet me over at @TezangiVictoria or leave a comment telling me who you would have included in this blog post!

Comments

Popular Posts