8 WWE Superstars Who Could Form Nexus 2.0 (Part 2)

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had an excellent start to the week so far! Okay, so today I am kick-starting a brand new mini-series here on my blog. Anyone that knows me knows that I have always been a big fan of factions. I grew up learning about and watching the likes of NWO, Evolution, DX and so so many more and the older I've got I've continued enjoying watching newer factions including Bullet Club and the Shield. A group I, however, had a very big soft spot for was Nexus. Okay, so it does pain me to talk about this faction because so much went wrong and so many missed opportunities went by, however, the idea was fantastic, so much happened and so much more could have happened if only things were done differently. Now, I've recently been apart of a few conversations where I have spoken about passed factions, current factions and what I would like to see in the future and the idea of Nexus making a return is something that has popped up a lot! And so in today's blog post, we are going to be looking at eight superstars who could form Nexus 2.0. This is a two-part post and part one will be linked at the end of the post! In the coming weeks, I will also be taking a look at why I want to see Nexus return and a booking post will also be uploaded! For now, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of Nexus and if you would like to see a return by leaving a comment or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria

Sheamus

What Nexus 2.0 needs that we didn’t have the first time around are veterans and that is why Sheamus has made the list. This is a man who broke out back in two thousand and nine and made an impact. In his first year, Sheamus one of the most dominant men on the roster taking on the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton and Triple H and that is the Sheamus I want to see back on my screen. Turning on Cesaro at some point down the line to join Nexus is exactly how I would book it. Sheamus shines far brighter in a heel role regardless but put him in a faction that is all about destruction, brutal attacks, barbaric actions, and a strong message and he is a perfect fit. Sheamus is a guy that deserves more respect and is underrated, and this role suits him very very well!

Neville

Neville is an interesting one. He too has had a rocky WWE career. While as I write this he isn’t apart of the roster there is no doubt in my mind the former Cruiserweight champion will find himself back on WWE ground at some point. He is an extremely talented superstar with a striking look, impressive body, and amazing skill, however, underutilized should be his middle name. While he was the star pushed the greatest in the division he has always deserved better. Bigger storylines, longer matches, and more TV time, Neville was the man down in NXT and everyone saw a bright future and his role in the Cruiserweight division only proved what hardcore fans knew all along, Neville is a top star. Keep his character work the same and he makes for yet another brilliant member for Nexus. He’s the man of the group that can go up top, is a little deranged and a little out of place and in his own mind but still has a role and is a relevant member.

Drew McIntyre

We earlier included Dolph Ziggler in this post and as of right now Ziggler is working alongside former NXT Champion Drew McIntyre who I believe should also be a name considered to join Nexus 2.0. Returning to the WWE last year McIntyre joins the likes of EC3 who had so much potential during their first run with the company and then something went wrong and they were let go yet brought back recently thanks to the impact they made outside the WWE. McIntyre in recent years has turned things around massively and has become one of the top stars on the scene and for sure is a future champion. I don’t doubt for a single second that the WWE will get things right a second time around and Drew will be a huge star in the WWE. Calling up to the main roster as a heel was the first good move and having him work that same role as a Nexus member is perfect. His structure, history, and style in the ring will make him one of the most dominant forces on the team not to mention he’s brilliant chemistry with members including Jinder Mahal, Wade Barrett, and Sheamus.

Kassius Ohno

While the original Nexus has seven members for today’s post I just had to include one more superstar who could very easily but another fitting Nexus 2.0 representative. We’ve already mentioned EC3 as being one of the names from the current NXT roster I would like to see in this faction but if we are to add one more then Kassius Ohno is a damn good pick. Another superstar who was apart of the WWE and then let go and then brought back, Ohno has a fantastic story to tell. He currently is very underutilized and while I hate to say it, things are not looking good and could very easily be heading backward. Kassius is a last-minute addition to this post because he is the most out of place star on the list but there certainly is a role for him as the indie star the WWE failed. He didn’t get the push the likes of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn go and that in itself is a good enough story. 

And there we have it! Those are the final four superstars I would love to see form Nexus 2.0. Part one of this post will be linked below and any recent blog posts will also be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of Nexus and if you would like to see a return by leaving a comment or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
5 WWE SUPERSTARS WHO SHOULD BE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION IN THE NEXT YEAR
8 WWE SUPERSTARS WHO COULD FORM NEXUS 2.0 (PART 1)

Comments

Popular Posts