Match Recommendations: May 14/05/18

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great week and of course an awesome weekend! Now, this post has gone up a couple of days later than usual, any regular readers here will know that I usually only ever upload from a Monday to a Friday every single week, however, I did give myself a day off on Friday and wasn't very active on social media and so I decided to upload this post on Sunday instead! It's been a while since I uploaded a Match Recommendations post. I did use to have these up on my blog every Friday but I did somewhere just stop writing them, however, these are one of my favourite blog posts to write and I defiantly want to make this a frequent post here on my blog once again! Today we are going to be taking a look at five matches I have personally loved throughout the years. As most of you know this is where I get to take a look at matches I have always loved not only from the last week, month or year but of all time and we have some interesting matches to take a look at today! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of these matches and what matches you would recommend by leaving a comment below also or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens

In a recent edition of my RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights, I spoke of the potential of seeing Braun Strowman jump back on track following a rough couple of months. His singles match against Kevin Owens turned out to be one of this best matches to date and was the main inspiration I had to write this blog post today. Throughout his short WWE career, Strowman has worked several impressive, strong matches against the likes of Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, and the Big Show where his versatility, power, and his ability to keep an arena of thousands entertained were all on show greatly. This past week Strowman added yet another match to that list taking on former Universal Champion Kevin Owens. Making Owens legitimately look small and light in weight Strowman carried Owens around the ring as though he weighed nothing and it damn sure did look impressive. He brought character and entertainment to the match doing circles around the ring and turning Owens inside out not once, not twice, but three times thanks to devastating shoulders. He had fans loud and up on their feet and took monovers performed perfectly by Owens making this a fairly equal match where Owens' Wrestling and selling ability were showcased as well as Strowmans sheer power and strength.

Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks

This one is actually a pretty special one for me. Heads up, I'm about to get soppy. I had missed a few NJPW shows due to being so busy with other things and well struggling to keep up with all the wrestling and so when my boyfriend first visited I got to a do a little bit of catching up and he was adamant that I watched the Golden Lovers vs the Young Bucks match a match I had been telling myself to watch way before he had come to visit. Sitting watching this I was totally hooked and for the first time in a long time, I was watching a match to enjoy it rather than to write about it...well even though I'm writing about it now but you get my point. This was tag team wrestling at its best and by far my personal favorite tag team match of the year so far and possibly an all-time favourite. There was so much story from start to finish, so much history, so much to watch out for. I'm such a big fan of both these teams and the story being told and the history that's there and because of that I was so invested in the action. The wrestling was simply phenomenal and because we had such a good story and historical background it only added to why this has become such a big all-time great for me!

Victoria vs Lita (Backlash 2004)

I've recently finished up a mini-series looking at the male and female superstars kids who grew up in the noughties loved watching/were fans of which you will all get to see very soon but in writing that post I got to go back and watch a bunch of matches I had watched as a kid and it was pretty damn awesome! Going back to two thousand and four and it was Victoria and Lita I was totally obsessed with and of course, their singles bout at Backlash 2004 for the Women's championship was a big standout. I, of course, would love to have seen this match go one for over twenty minutes but as a kid, I remember watching this and being so inspired and captivated especially by Victoria and watching now as an adult I loved it just as much. While the match was under ten minutes these women made those ten minutes work and together they put on one damn good match. Victoria was such a powerhouse who brought intensity, likeability, and athleticism and that was so heavily on show in this match and of course, growing up the biggest Lita fan it only meant that seeing them work this match and re-watching it now all these years later is pretty freaking awesome!

Seth Rollins vs The Miz

As most of you reading this will know, I personally was not the biggest fan of the two thousand and eighteen Backlash pay per view. Many including myself have highlighted it to have been very weak however, there was one match in particular that really did stand out and I can honestly say I really enjoyed, the opening contest between The Miz and Seth Rollins for the Intercontinental Championship was hands down one of the strongest matches of the entire night. I have already mentioned that I was not expecting this to be anywhere near as strong as it was. I was expecting a decent bout that was fairly short and of course would see Rollins retain, however, what we got was a damn strong opening match up that left fans genuinely on the edge of their seats, glued to the action and totally invested. The Miz is such a key figure when it comes to the IC title while Rollins is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best pro wrestlers in the world today and together they just worked so well. You could feel how important the match was for Miz and how badly he wanted that title he believes is his back on his shoulder. There were so many close calls, intense moments and solid storytelling and while I wanted Miz to win I could not be frustrated with the match at all and I can honestly say there isn't anything I would change about it. If you were not a fan of the PPV I totally understand but this match is most certainly worth re-watching!

John Cena vs Daniel Bryan (SummerSlam 2013)

In two thousand and thirteen, Daniel Bryan really did come into his own. This was highlighted as the true people champion and the fan favourite all over the world. The WWE universe fell in love with his underdog nature and wrestling brilliance and at the SummerSlam pay per view of that year, Bryan competed in what would become one of the best matches of his WWE career. This was, however, also a very important night for Cena. Frustrated at Bryans comments in regards to his wrestling skill
and in-ring versatility Cena walked into this match determined to prove he was more than just "Cena the Entertainer". Throughout the match, John pulled out some dazzling move combinations fans hadn't seen him deliver before. The tables had been turned as for the first time Cena was the one with something to prove and the new side of his move set he presented on the night went down a treat and as a result has been noted by fans and even the WWE as one of the companies greatest matches of all time. The night did see Bryan pick up the victory but that in itself proved just why Cena is one of the best of the best and in this time a key and important figure in the industry in terms of helping the careers of new talent. A win over Cena for Bryan was huge and something people still talk about to this day. To put someone over and keep people talking about your amazing performance also isn't easy and Cena has done it with such ease. We've seen him do this since with the likes of Roman Reigns, Sami Zayn, and of course Cesaro!

And that was this week's Match Recommendations! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of these matches and what matches you would recommend by leaving a comment below also or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog posts:
8 WWE Superstars Who Could Form Nexus 2.0 (Part 1)
This weeks RAW & Smackdown LIVE Highlights
5 Steps in Getting Big Cass Over
WWE Backlash 2018: Best Moments and Highlights
8 WWE Superstars Who Could Form Nexus 2.0 (Part 1)



Comments

Popular Posts