This Weeks RAW & Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great week so far! Before we get started I want to mention how much I'm really enjoying jumping right back on track and getting back into the swing of things in terms of writing! I still have so many ideas and posts that I want to write and upload for you all but I hope you are enjoying what I have already uploaded this week! Now, today is, of course, Wednesday which means its time to take a look back at the past few days and discuss the highlights from this weeks episode of both RAW and Smackdown LIVE! With only three weeks left until the two thousand and eighteen Money in the Bank pay per view, this week focused on building the card, completing the women's Money in the Bank ladder match line up, and intensifying feuds ahead of the pay per view. We have a plenty to talk about today as per usual so I don't want to waste much more time! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below including last weeks edition of my RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. Finally, you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE as well as what your early predictions are for the Money in the Bank Pay Per View by leaving a comment below or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Monday Night RAW

The Real Face of Monday Night RAW

In a couple of weeks time, I will be uploading a blog post looking at exactly who is the real face of Monday night RAW. The post is of course inspired by how the WWE book Roman Reigns and the clear direction they are trying to push him in. However, on this weeks episode of Monday Night RAW, we saw another popular name stand tall in the spotlight yet again sparking more conversation and raising the question once again; who is the real face of RAW. Kick-starting the show Braun took to the mic in what is a pretty rare doing and spoke of the up and coming Money in the Bank ladder match which would lead to a promo with Finn Balor and a matchup against the former Universal Champion. The reaction Strowman got spoke volumes and the reaction online only emphasized his popularity, likeability and the belief that it's he who is the true face of the A show. We also had another fantastic performance from Seth Rollins who looked to have started a brand new feud with Elias. Rollins has been another name popping up into the conversation regarding the face of the RAW and after weeks of consistently strong performances he sure does deserve to be in that conversation and this week show only proved that yet again.

Is This Working?

One of the most interesting feuds as of right now is the growing mini-rivalry between Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey. I tweeted out during the show on Monday that while I love the idea of Nia vs Ronda believing there is great potential there and the match itself makes sense I do believe it's all being done far too soon. We haven't had a big enough build, Rousey doesn't come across as though she's earned the title shot and stories surrounding the match haven't had the time to build in order to make a big enough impact. This week both women appeared on the show with Rousey sitting at commentary while Nia... well she decided to give her opponent a lesson in wrestling and what to expect at Money in the Bank. Mocking Rousey this was the chance for Nia to add a little something to this story and the whole segment was fairly decent. Nia does appear to be sporting the role as a heel once again despite the fact I don't believe this is technically the right move for her. Now, I do still believe there is plenty of potential here when it comes to the one on one contest between these two but I do hope the WWE really focus more on building some kind of story and providing fans with a reason as to why we should tune in!

Banks Heads to MITB but Who Was the MVP?

And the final point I want to make in regards to this weeks Monday night RAW, of course, has to come from the main event. Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Dana Brook, Sasha Banks, Mickie James, and Bayley all looked to fill the final spot in the women's Money in the Bank ladder match and I'm glad they were given the main event slot this week as it did make all the sense! Now, to be honest, I was disappointed with the match. I felt as though the last ten minutes were clearly the best and pulled everything together but it was far weaker than I would have hoped. I mentioned on Twitter earlier in the night that I felt as though Bayley needed a strong performance this week but she didn't get it and it is truly a shame. I'm not the biggest Bayley fan but it's evident she does need a damn strong match to turn things around for her! I was, of course, hoping to see her as the MVP of this match but that title went to Ruby Riott and if I'm being honest, I'm glad! This is exactly what Ruby has needed from day one and I'm so happy to see her given the opportunity to really show what she can do. It's a shame she didn't earn a spot in the money in the bank ladder match because I do believe she would have been an asset to it but Banks was the clear pick for the win. The work between those two was strong and I would love to see a longer singles match between them in the future. I liked the involvement with the Riott Squad and how that all tied together also!

Smackdown LIVE

Lana vs Naomi... In a Dance Off

Okay, so if you follow me on twitter you would have seen me tweet out last night that I was not impressed with the fact we were going to have to sit through a dance-off between Lana and Naomi. The two Money in the Banki qualifers were set to go one on one in battle to see who was the best dancer and I was not very happy with the idea. However, I've got to say that even though I did cringe way more than I should do while watching a wrestling a show I kinda enjoyed elements to the segment. I liked that Rusev and Aiden English, as well as the Usos, were involved and I loved that we saw Lana make the first blot hitting a neck breaker on Naomi out of nowhere which by the way she executed very well! I find it pretty amazing that Lana can make more difficult moves look so clean and effortless but the most basic of moves look so... bad. I'm hoping this segment sets up a mixed tag team match for next week and I like that we are seeing work between the women who will be competing at Money in The Bank!

A Big Night for Samoa Joe 

The standout star of the night this week on Smackdown LIVE was without a shadow of a double Samoa Joe. Kick-starting the night off focusing his attention on the Money in the Bank ladder match but was soon interrupted by his opponent for the night, Daniel Bryan and then, of course, Big Cass. We later saw Paige book a triple threat match between the three stars to determine who will fill that final spot in the men's Money in the Bank ladder match. The match itself was another highlight of the night and I was glad to see Samoa Joe have such an impressive and strong performance. He was dominant, showcased his skill and the way in which he picked up the victory really gave him the momentum he needed! I know there are so many who are disappointed to see Bryan not qualify but in all honesty, Joe does need this spot far more than Bryan and I do believe that the feud between Bryan and Big Cass is about to heat up even more and we could still get some decent work there!

Overall Thoughts

Overall I thought this week's Smackdown LIVE was actually pretty decent. I'm loving the
relationship between Paige, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. It makes sense and the women really are making it work not to mention I'm so glad the WWE has kept these two together! I was disappointed that we didn't see more from Andrade Cien Almas but I remain very excited about his future. I did feel as though everything that was booked last night made sense and helped in the build to the Money in the Bank pay per view and I did prefer this week's Smackdown LIVE to Monday night RAW

And those were this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked below including last weeks edition of my RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. Finally, you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE as well as what your early predictions are for the Money in the Bank Pay Per View by leaving a comment below or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:

Comments

Popular Posts