Best and Worse Moments from this Weeks RAW & Smackdown LIVE

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great week so far! Okay, so I know its been some time since I last uploaded a RAW and Smackdown Live Highlights and even longer since I last live tweeted during a show! I've mentioned across my social media that I've had a lot going on in my personal life over the last few weeks that I'm still working on and dealing with hence the reason I've been so inactive across Twitter and here on my blog. Now, I am still dealing with my personal issues and I am in need of more time to myself and so I won't be back to a normal routine until June but hopefully you all understand! I do however, have posts ready to go up here and there and today we are going to be taking a look back at this weeks episodes of RAW and Smackdown LIVE taking an in-depth detailed look at the best and worse moments from both shows! This week did of course continue to focus on the up and coming Money in the bank pay per view so we have plenty to discuss! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked down below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Last Man Standing

I will admit that the more we see of these two the more I begin to lose interest but hey! I'm going to try my best to remain optimistic and expect the best as Shinsuke Nakamura looks to get his hands on the WWE Championship one more time against AJ Styles. I do feel as though there has been a lot lacking in this feud including that personal touch and I've got to say that I have been fairly disappointed in the matches we have seen from them however, the pair are set to collide one more time at the Money in the Bank pay per view next month and on last nights show Nakamura revealed that the stipulation for the match will be Last man standing. This is actually one of my personal stipulations so I've got to say I'm pretty excited for this one. I believe this could be one of the stronger matches of the night and possibly there best to date but they really are going to have to really turn things up in this match and the build in the coming weeks has got to be a lot stronger for me personally to really gain a greater interest.

This is the Stuff I hate

On this week's episode of Monday night RAW a backstage segment set up a singles match between Chad Gable and Dolph Ziggler which to be fair had a lot of potential. I may not personally be the biggest Dolph Ziggler fan in the world but I do believe his place in the WWE in twenty eighteen really is to help these young up and comers work as part of strong memorable matches and put them over and with Gable being such a strong, gifted star full of potential I did have pretty high hopes for this bout. However, the WWE once again showed exactly why fans should be worried about Ziggler, Gable, and McIntyre. With neither Dolph or Chad getting and entrance it's fair to say thing's are not as good as they should be. I understand that this may seem petty and a little stupid to mention but when you really dive into this is actually a fairly big deal. This is a common thing that we do see happen throughout pro wrestling however, with a match that was considered to be pretty unimportant it didn't help matters not showing the entrance for either superstar especially if you are trying to showcase Ziggler and McIntyre as talents to watch!

Daniel Bryan is Heading to Money in the Bank

One of my favourite matches of the week so far has of course been Daniel Bryan vs Jeff Hardy. I grew up the biggest Jeff Hardy fan and well.. who doesn't love watching Daniel Bryan compete and so to be fair this as pretty much a dream match. Of course, I believe we can get an even stronger contest between the two at some point and I don't doubt for a second that the pair will collide at some point again in the near future. When it came to the end result I actually was backing Hardy. He's someone I really wanted to see compete in this years Money in the Bank ladder match and so I was a touch disappointed to see Bryan qualify by making Hardy tap out. I of course, was not surprised but as I just said it wasn't the result I was hoping for. The match was of course done well and the crowd and everyone at home was certainly invested in the action. After the match it was of course revealed that Bryan will face Samoa Joe on next weeks show! Yet another dream contest I cannot wait to see this match up next week!

Lana is the best! Lana's Number one!

As we have already touched on in today's blog post, this weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE of course continued to focus on the up and coming Money in the Bank pay per view with more qualifying matches taking place. Over on Smackdown LIVE, two more sports were filled for the women's ladder match. At one point of the night we saw Naomi defeat Sonya Deville to earn her spot however, the women we were all left talking about last night was of course Lana. Introduced by Aiden English the crowd were just as hot for Lana as they always are for her husband Rusev. The first Lana day had crowd in attendance up on their feet cheering and singing for the Ravishing Russian and with English by her side Lana was able to score her first ever singles victory in the WWE pinning Billie Kay to earn a spot in the women's Money in the Bank ladder match. Brilliant. Now, I would have loved to have seen at least one member of the IIconics booked in the ladder match but I have to admit, I'm a Lana fan. She's clearly so passionate and deserving and while she is far from a strong in ring performer the woman is over as heck and it's nice to see her going in a solid direction and I have to say I'm loving English working alongside her as well as Rusev!

The Contract Signing

The women's division was once again on fire this week and a part of me does believe I could have focused this weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights completely on the women's division. I've had plenty of conversation over the last couple of weeks that have consisted of many pointing out that the women's division has been better booked than the men for quite some time now and this weeks RAW once again proved that point during the RAW women's championship match contract signing between Nia Jax and her opponent Ronda Rousey. Now, I cannot wait to get into the predictions for this match in a couple of weeks time because I have some super cool points to make but what I will say for now is I am genuinely interested and excited for this match and the end result. I've mentioned before that I don't like how rushed the match has been and how quickly Rousey has been given a title shot however, I do like that it was Jax who challenged Rousey and how the story has been told. The contract signing in my opinion was perfectly done. I actually really liked Stephanie's involvement and felt she really did stir the pot and make this match feel even more must see. Got to give credit where credit is due. I liked the fight in Nia's eye and while there is still some character work I'd love to see from Rousey she is clearly getting more confident and comfortable on the mic. I know some were disappointed to see the pair not collide but I want to see that saved and we have plenty of time to build this match up for these two to clash physically, don't rush any more than they already have!

Someone Save Bobby Lashley

And the final little point I want to make focuses once again on Bobby Lashley. I don't want to go into
massive detail here because I am planning a much bigger post on Lashley but damn is this disappointing. I do believe the problem the WWE have right now is to do with the fact he is working as a face. Lashley shines so much brighter in the role of a heel but even so, what we saw this was just... a mess. I am entertained by Sami Zayn and I strongly believe that we could actually get a brilliant singles match between Zayn and Lashley at some point and I am looking forward to that but I do feel they are missing out on doing a lot in this little feud and it's super disappointing seeing how they both are being used here!

And that was this weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights!  As always, any recent blog posts will be linked down below and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Top 10 Current WWE Big Men (Part 1)

Comments

Popular Posts