Factions I Want to See In The WWE Today

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great start to the week so far! Okay, so today I have a blog post I have wanted to write for a very long time but for some reason I just haven't taken any notes or gotten around to writing the actual post! I have however, over the weekend taken them notes, done some research and really explored this topic and I cant wait to get it out there! Now, I grew up loving factions in the WWE. Over the years it was the likes of Evolution, DX, and in more recent years Nexus and the Shield who have grabbed my attention and really stood out. I love writing about factions, watching the work and enjoying matches involving them and so this is what today's blog post will be focusing on. More recently the WWE have been failing in the Factions department with minimal teams being put forward and storylines weakening. Unlike what the scene looked like when I was kid factions don't play as big of a role anymore and are not booked the same way. Sure we have some great work going down in NXT right now with The Undisputed Era but I do still believe there is plenty more to be done. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at five new factions I would love to see in the WWE today! As always, any recent blog post will be linked below including my most recent RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights. Finally, you can get involved and tell me what factions you would like to see in the WWE today by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

THIS BLOG POST WAS PRE POSTED 

Nexus 2.0

I recently uploaded a two-part blog post where I listed potential stars I would love to see form a brand new Nexus and I had so much fun writing that. I mentioned in that post that I wanted to write a full piece explaining why I want to see this faction brought back to life and how I would book it and that is going to be going up very soon! Now, Nexus was at the start a brilliant idea. I remember being so entertained and having such a heavy opinion. Sure things didn't go to plan and should have been done very differently towards the end but the idea was brilliant and its one that sure can work a second time around with a set of brand new names. In an ideal world, I would love to see Wade Barrett make a comeback and reform a Nexus 2.0. The faction would consist of names including EC3, Drew McIntyre, Kassius Ohno, and Dolph Ziggler to name just a few. The idea will focus on the superstars who feel as though they are being mistreated and underutilised and simply had enough of the system. These are guys that the WWE has failed in the past and feel as though they are worthy of so much more. Add in a few new faces from NXT and you have something that could really really work. Have these guys attack everyone from backstage workers, announcers, other wrestlers and higher-ups including Vince McMahon at some point. There is a big story to tell with talent like this and a Nexus 2.0 could be a fantastic idea.



Authors of Pain and Roman Reigns

In today's blog post we are going to be looking at a few rumored potential factions and first up we have the idea of seeing Roman Reigns aligned himself with former NXT Tag Team Champion, the Authors of Pain. Upon their arrival on the main roster it was revealed that Paul Ellering would no longer be working alongside them as their manager and instead the pair would be going at it alone. We haven't in fact seen Akam and Rezar much since they debuted and it has been rumored that the reasoning behind that is simply because there isn't anything for them at the moment. An alliance between AOP and Roman Reigns has been something many have been talking about for a good couple of weeks now and to be honest I kinda like the idea. Turning Roman heel is the only way the WWE will, in the long run, have him has the guy and the fan favourite and this has been evident from day one. Putting him in what will appear to be a new Shield will, of course, give him the heat he needs but also give him back some life. Reigns has fallen so far down recently with fans have such little interest in what is doing and so throwing him into a big new stable with so many new opportunities is a great idea. We've seen contentious portrayal of the friendship between Roman and Rollins and so if the WWE focus on that more in the coming weeks with Rollins hinting at reforming the Shield we see Rollins and Reigns team up to take on AOP in the hopes of breaking out into the tag team division with Reigns turning on Rollins in the closing moments and siding with AOP in a brand new faction.

This is an idea that the more I think of the more I like. Reigns needs something new to get a reaction and turn him heel while AOP are in need of the push they truly deserve!



Alexa Bliss, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler


Okay, so this one is pretty far fetched and defiantly the most unlikely of the bunch today but this idea has been inspired by an instagram post I saw a couple of weeks ago. Now, for anyone that reads my blog regularly or follows me on social media you will know that I haven't been a big fan of the alliance between Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler. I haven't been sold on the idea and I do still believe there are far greater things waiting for McIntyre and this is simply a waste of time. However, I did recently see a couple of Instagram posts that focused on a potential new faction which involved Ziggler and Drew and former RAW women's champion, Alexa Bliss. Now, as I said, this idea is pretty far-fetched and very unlikely to happen but it is one I do have an interest in and can see the potential. The WWE are clearly still so high on Bliss and there is no way things will be slowing down for her anytime soon. She's sure to remain in the spotlight, booked well and given good strong opportunities and what better way to do all of that in one than to add her as part of a new faction. Creating a story that shows why she would align herself with these two stars may not be as simple, however, Bliss does have history working in a faction alongside two male stars during her time down in NXT and the fresh new idea may be something new, fun and exciting that RAW really could benefit from.



LWO

Up next another rumoured idea that a lot of people do seem to be discussing at the moment and thats the plan to create a brand new version of LWO. Now, I haven't written about LWO here on my blog before or referenced it until now however, the idea of creating a new version is something that excites me so much to the point where I do plan on writing a whole post talking about why I want to see this, who I would add to the faction and how I would book it! Now, the idea of Rey Mysterio coming back, joining Smackdown LIVE and creating a newly formed LWO is something that really does excite me. The idea alone makes for a huge plot the Blue brand could really benefit from and with Sanity also set to make their arrival soon a clash between the two factions in the future would make for something that could standout at Wrestlemania! In a dream world I would include the likes of Rey, Andrade Cien Almas, Zelina Vega, Sin Cara/Kalisto and maybe even a Lucha Underground star like Pentagon Dark for example to really spice things up. In twenty eighteen this really is something that with the right direction could work and with a big name like Rey and a hot current talent like Almas and Vega this is something that could blow up into something huge!


British Strong Style

And finally, the faction idea I arguably like the most in today's blog post, British Strong Style We all know that British Wrestling is on fire right now and has been for the past couple of years. The scene is red hot with WOS making a comeback and a second UK tournament being held over the summer. There are no signs of the momentum for the UK scene slowing down and if anything things are only about to get better. Now, one of the best ways to push the UK stars in the WWE and really make an impact is to of course create a faction... British Strong Style. Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and the current WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne have previously worked together on the UK indie scene as British Strong Style and the idea was a huge success and so why not bring that to the WWE. Further down the line you could introduce the likes of William Regal or bring back Wade Barrett and introduce female talents such as Kay Lee Ray or Viper. There are plenty of options to explore here with this idea and I do believe that British faction could really work in the WWE especially with the current situation and the momentum British Wrestling has!

And that is my list! In the coming weeks, I do have several blog posts coming up looking at some of these faction ideas in detail! As always, any recent blog post will be linked below including my most recent RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights. Finally, you can get involved and tell me what factions you would like to see in the WWE today by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:

WRESTLEMANIA 35 MAIN EVENTS THAT WILL SECURE A SELL OUT SHOW

SIX WOMEN WE WANT TO SEE AT EVOLUTION BUT WONT

Comments

Popular Posts