Top 5 Superstars of the Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. I'm back today with my top five superstars of the week. It feels like I haven't done one of these in ages. I think now that I have my top fifteen of the month and I don't upload this post on pay per view prediction week, it means now these posts don't really go up as often. That's an issue and you would like to see these go up more then please do let me know so I can try and sort thing's out and re-arrange things. I will admit that coming up with this weeks list has been difficult. I don't know if it's because I haven't done one of these post in a long time or because not much has really happened this week in order for me to create a top five, but I have managed to just about complete the list. I do want to start making some changes so adding more divas to the list, more NXT stars, talking about dark matches and so on. So I hope you like the changes. Right, before we get into the post I have some little reminders once again; first up, Wrestlemania season, you guy's know the drill by now, the link the most recent post in the series will bellow so you can check that out and stay up to date. This weekend I will be giving you some more information on my Wrestlemania Q&A, so that will go up either tomorrow or later on in the day, today. Finally you can let me know who your top five have been his week by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


5) Curtis Axel
Kicking off this week's top five superstars of the week is the leader of the "Axelmania movement" (yes I am mocking this), Curtis Axel. This week, you would have seen me talk a heck of a lot about Axel and for once it's been all positive things, witch makes a change. After Erick Rowan attacked him during he's Royal Rumble Entrance, leaving him unable to compete in the Rumble, Axel now believes that he is the true winner of the two thousand and fifteen Royal Rumble and he should be the one main eventing Wrestlemania for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. I never ever thought I would be saying this but, he's segment this past week on RAW, was the most entertaining part of the entire night. I actually cry laughed! This is honestly, a first for me. Now, you guys have seen me give Axel a lot of stick for not having any personality and not being entertaining but this week he has just been amazing and by far has produced he's most entertaining work in the WWE so far. As I said, on RAW he had a great segment with John Cena, where he addressed the WWE universe and spoke about Axel Mania, mocking Hulk Hogan. He then went one on one with John Cena, and we all knew there was no way he was going to pick up the win but at the end of the day it was him who was entertaining me the most so he's loss doesn't bother me. On Smackdown he cut another promo and then made it clear he was coming after Rusev and the United States championship, so it looks like they might be doing a little bit of baby face work with him. I'm not sure, we will just have to see where things go. The current thing right now is that if he defeat Rusev this week on RAW he will compete for the title at Wrestlemania against Rusev. I haven't got high hopes for this but it's nice to see him in the spotlight and I have a post coming up about him this week so keep and eye out for that!


4) Cesaro
Up next is Cesaro. I have been paying really close attention to Cesaro and Tyson Kidd over the past couple of weeks and I have mentioned a thew times on my blog and on twitter that I'm slowly but surely getting used to the idea of them being a tag team. I still do think that they make better solo wrestlers and if the WWE wasn't to obsessed with certain superstars and gave everyone an equal chance, these two would be on fire because they are, hands down two of the most talented, experienced, wrestlers on the current roster. What I have realised over the past two weeks is that Cesaro is the one standing out the most. Tyson has done a heck of a lot and has really had he's moments but at the moment, when it comes to in ring action, Cesaro is the man doing the most work. Cesaro really has done a lot this week and has just been on fire. On RAW he and Tyson Kidd teamed with Natalya to face the guys they took the tag team championships from, The Usos and Naomi. The match itself was good. I've really enjoyed the work between these six (including the divas) witch I honestly never ever thought I would say! To be fair, this match did mainly see the divas in action witch I'm of course not moaning about at all. But Cesaro did have a great showing, he was selling moves well, he had some great spots and made himself centre of attention. Then on Smackdown, he and Kidd took on Los Matadores, I mentioned in my Smackdown Review and Reactions, witch I will link bellow, that I wasn't a big fan of this match but it was decent and Cesaro was the main man of the match and had a great showing. I also want to mentioned quickly that Cesaro and Tyson Kidd have been doing a lot of work with NXT this week and Cesaro actually main evented one of the shows with Adrian Neville I believe so that contributes to him being at number four.


3) Luke Harper
At number three this week in my top five superstars of the week is one my current favourites, Luke Harper. I'm so so so happy I get to finally talk about Harper and put him in my top five. It's been a while since he has been in the list but I do think that if we go back right from when I first started my blog I think he was actually one of if not the first superstar of the week I ever had. Harper has had an interesting year and it does look as if he is is slowly getting back on track witch is great. This week on RAW, Harper was put in the Intercontinental Championship picture when he interrupted the one on one match up between Dean Ambrose and current champ, Bad New's Barrett. With R-Truth at commentary he demanded  the championship to be handed to him and walked off with it. Later on in the night he competed in one of the best matches of the night against Daniel Bryan. He had a solid showing but didn't score the win witch I really didn't approve of to say the least. I really do like the idea of him being in the picture for the title and I do think he will shine at Wrestlemania in the ladder match. On Smackdown he was apart of the opening when he attacked Dolph Ziggler and also main evented the show in a tag team match were he and Bad News Barrett took on Ziggler and Ambrose in what was a great main event. He had a dominate performance once again. If he was in the winning team I probably would of put him at number two but after a solid, dominate week and no wins, he is placed at number three for this week.


2) Dean Ambrose
Coming in at number two this week is Dean Ambrose. It's been a while since Dean was in my top five and he didn't actually make it into my top fifteen superstars of the month last month, witch is pretty crazy because you guys all know that I'm a huge fan of he's/ and he is one of my favourites (that's no secret) but I do like to be honest on my blog and the fact for the matter is, is Ambrose just hasn't been a stand out and hasn't really done that much, however, we have seen thing's change around a little over the past couple of weeks.  At the moment there is a lot of attention on the Intercontinental championship and Ambrose has been put centre stag in it all. You all know that I have had my doubts about Ambrose being in the IC title picture and how I think he should be  competing at a higher level, with the main event talent; but I have really enjoyed he's recent work and as long as he is booked often and well then I can't really moan too much at the moment. For the past thew weeks we have seen Ambrose walk around with the IC championship basically pretending to be the champ, witch has been pretty entertaining, but this week the championship has been tossed around to almost every superstar in the mid card section of the roster.This week on RAW, Ambrose went one on one with the actual Intercontinental champion, Bad News Barrett. I thought this was a great match and Ambrose had a really strong showing and all round performance. In the end he managed to pick up the win for and we also now know he will be competing at Wrestlemania in a ladder match for the IC championship. On Smackdown, he teamed up with Dolph Ziggler to main event the show. This was hands down the match of the night and all four superstars who competed had a great performance. Ambrose was a stand of the night, being apart of the opening and the closing put him centre stage and in the end he was on the winning team. All of witch is enough to make him this weeks number two. Looks like things are really starting to look up for Ambrose and
it's about time. Look out for a post in the week were I speak more about Ambrose and the next couple of months ahead of him.


1) AJ Lee
Finally, this week's number one, and superstar of the week is actually a diva and this is the first time a I have ever had a diva at number one. When I looked back at this week there were two main things that stood out; the Intercontinental championship work and the superstars in that picture, and AJ Lee. She has done more than enough to earn her number one spot. This past week on RAW Lee made her return to the WWE after spending three to four months out of action. On the night, Paige would go one on one with Nikki Bella for the divas championship. After Brie cost Paige the match the Twins attacked Paige and it was then that AJ would make her return and come to the aid of the anti diva. This week's RAW was hosted in AJ's home town of New Jersey so she got an insane reaction from the live crowd. She literally got the biggest pop of the night and a bigger reaction than Randy Orton got when he returned last month. On Smackdown she would go one on one with Brie Bella in what was actually a great match. After being given seven solid minuets and decent mic time, the girls got their time to shine. Lee of course scored the win. AJ has also done a lot of backstage interviews this week that have contributed to her being this week's number one holder.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts