Smackdown Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. It's Friday witch of course mean's it's time for my Smackdown Review and Reactions. Once again, it wasn't a terrible show last night. The booking made sense and there was a lot of story development witch will help when it comes to Wrestlemania and the build up to what is the biggest pay per view of the year. Once again the show focused mainly on the Intercontinental championship as more names were put in the picture for the title and the Mania ladder match, you guys all know how happy I am to see so much attention on the title. Anyway, today I will give you my whole review and reactions from last night's show. Some quick reminders and information before we get into today's post; You all know that Wrestlemania season on my blog has started and the link to the most recent post in the series will be listed bellow so you can go and check that out and stay all up to date. I will be giving you more information on my Wrestlemania Q&A this weekend so make sure to keep an eye out for all  that information.I will link bellow any other recent posts so you can stay all up to date on everything including this weeks RAW and NXT Review and Reactions. You can let me know what you thought of last nights show and what you would like to see go up for the rest of Wrestlemania season by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


The show kicked off with an in ring promo from Dolph Ziggler who spoke about the Intercontinental championships and never getting a fair rematch for the title. He of course got an insane reaction from the crowd and every word he spoke made so much sense. I don't have a problem what so ever with Ziggler being in the IC title picture and Mania match, to be honest,I think the WWE have some big plans for him for the next thew months or so. There's the chance that they will have either him or Bryan win at Mania to then have the two feud for a couple of months. This theory has mainly come from the rumours, tweets and recent small tensions between the two superstars; and to be fair, the two would put on a great feud at this time in their career and with both of them being so adored by the fans, it would go down really well with the WWE universe and the WWE would have no worries when it comes to them delivering to a high standard. He also announced last night that he would be competing for the IC championship at Wrestlemania in the ladder match alongside multiple other superstars. I've always liked the idea of a multiple ladder match at Wrestlemania. It allows certain superstars to get a Wrestlemania moment when they may not have gotten one. Ziggler said that something is missing from the match that something being Daniel Bryan. He would go on to call Ziggler out an instead would get the actual Champion, Bad News Barrett. Once in the ring Barrett demanded that Ziggler gave him back he's championship or he would take it off of him himself. We would then see Luke Harper sneak up on Ziggler and all three brawled until Dean Ambrose joined the mix. R-truth would take the IC title while the other four men laid into each other, and went off backstage where he tried to give the title to Renee Young.


The first match of the night saw the current tag team champions, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd take on Los Matadores. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of Los Matadores what so ever and I never have been. I think their targeted more so at the younger audience and they just don't do it for me at all. I won't  deny that they are great talents, they wouldn't be on the WWE main roster if they wasn't but I'm just personally not a fan of them. As for Cesaro and Tyson Kidd, they really are growing on me as a tag team, witch I have mentioned a couple of times before over the past two weeks or so. I still think their better as solo wrestlers but this is a huge opportunity for both of them and they are getting the spotlight they really deserve. They just keep getting better and better and last night was another solid performance from the two. The match itself wasn't too bad. Los Matadores dominated the match very early on but it didn't take too long for Cesaro to turn things around. Talking of Cesaro it was he who was the main man for he's team. In the end the champs scored the ring. The divas really did get their time last night, a seven minuet match, a decent promo, and good commentary throughout.


Up next was a one on one match up between Kane and Ryback. I wasn't a fan of this match at all. These two had a little feud a thew months back and I hated it. I think they have next to no chemistry in the ring what so ever and they don't compliment each other at all. There was some nice story telling between Kane and the Big show but if I'm being completely honest, I'm not really feeling the work between those two and the growing feud. Both Kane and Show are veterans in the WWE and are slowly but surely reaching retirement. I actually mentioned previously in the week that I don't think Show will be wrestling this time next year. For the past nine months or so both superstars have struggled to get into anything entertaining and with the attention mainly on the newer, younger, talent, their just not standing out in the slightest. I wasn't a fan of this match at all as I already said, I thought Ryback looked good throughout it but to be honest, the attention wasn't on him at all during this match and it was all about building up tensions between Kane and The Big Show. The match ended when Ryback hit the Meathook clothesline while Kane was distracted. With Big show in he's corner, Kane booked Ryback another match. Ryback then faced the Big Show, it was yet another not so great match where in the end Show got the win after Kane interfered.


After another Sheamus vignette showed and Bray Wyatt cut another promo on the Undertaker, it was time for the divas to take centre stage. The divas champion, Nikki Bella and Sister Brie came down to the ring where the champ cut a decent promo, and they both spoke about #GiveDivasAChance, witch I of coursed loved. Nikki claimed that even though AJ Lee had been away for several months and that no other diva on the roster was on her level she was prepared to give AJ a chance. We then saw Paige and AJ Lee come down to the ring where AJ and Brie Bella would go one on one. To be fair, this was a great divas match up, compared to what we usually get on the main roster. It's only been a week and we are seeing small but effective changes. Brie dominated the match but in the end it was AJ who managed to lock in the black widow and when Paige stopped Nikki from interfering it allowed Lee to score her first return match.


Other matches from the night include; the New day VS The Miz and Damien Sandow. To be fair it was a decent match and I was surprised to see myself really into the action, witch is pretty odd. The main point of the match was to carry on pushing the growing feud between the Miz and Damien Sandow. I speak a lot more about this storyline in an up and coming post so make sure to keep an eye out for the link to that post next Wednesday. Throughout the match we saw tensions rise further between Miz and Sandow with Sandow getting in the face of Miz and walking out. The New day one via their finisher and had a good showing despite not being the centre of attention. Rusev and Jack Swagger also went one on one witch I'm sure you guys all knew made me mad. I don't think anyone realises just how angry it makes me seeing how poorly treated Jack Swagger. I'm sorry to go on about it once again but I really hate how they have given him such a good, strong gimmick that they could really use in entertaining, solid storyline's, that would really grab the attention of the WWE universe and yet treat him as if he was Zack Ryder. He has proven throughout he's career that he's a strong
talent and has achieved so much, at still a fairly young age, there is still time for them to turn things around for him but keep using him to make Rusev look strong is just doing no good for him what so ever and the whole thing is just getting boring now. What he needs an amazing showing in the Andre the giant memorial battle royal at Wrestlemania and good feud after the season to really get him going and back on the right track. After Rusev got the win, we got another Axlemania promo, from the one and only Curtis Axel. I mentioned on RAW how much this is entertaining me. He mentioned in he's promo last night that he is coming after Rusev and he's Unites States championship. I'm gonna say it, I really do, honestly believe that if the WWE keep Axel on this little road than he has got some good months ahead of him.


Finally, it was the main event witch saw Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler team up to take on Luke Harper and the Intercontinental champion, Bad News Barrett. Shock horror, I actually thought this was great booking. Yay, I liked something! I thought it made sense and all four of them are main event talent so it was great seeing them all take centre stage and once again it was great seeing so much attention on the Intercontinental championship. I thought the match itself was a great main event, well put together and an amazing performance from all four superstars. After Ziggler and Ambrose scored the win, things would turn back to the IC title and the championship ended up in the hands of Daniel Bryan. This was until Stardust attacked Bryan from behind, he then took the championship and climbed the ladder. Looks like we have a new name in the picture. As I've already said about a thousand times, it's great seeing the title get so much attention, I just hope the WWE don't go too far.


Let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts