Wrestlemania Predictions: John Cena VS Rusev


Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. It's finally Wrestlemania week! It feels like the build up has taken forever but in reality I suppose it's actually gone pretty quick. I remember starting the Wrestlemania season on my blog last month after the Fastlane pay per view and thinking it was never going to come to an end and I would never get all the blog posts done, but hear I am coming into the final stages and I have to admit. I'm going to miss it, witch I never thought I was going to say. Emotional little speech over. We are in the final week of Wrestlemania and we are only six day's away from the biggest event of the year. Because it's the last week it mean's it's of course prediction week. The week I dread the most. This when I spend six day's giving you full predictions for every single match on the Wrestlemania card. In each post I will remind you of everything that has happened over the past thew months or even year to get to this point, what I think will happen on the night of the show and what I think is best for business for both Wrestlemania and the months after. I plan on hopefully uploading a post a day but there may be day's when two prediction posts go up. There will be changes to the regular uploads, RAW Predictions and Review and Reactions will still go up but NXT and Smackdown review and reactions and Saturdays top five will not be going up this week. Right, some quick reminders before we get into the post. The link to the most recent post in Wrestlemania season will be listed bellow including the latest prediction post. I will also leave my Q&A information blog post down bellow also so you can go and check that out. You guys will all probably know by now that I'm hosting a live Q&A two hours before the show. I will also be live tweeting throughout Wrestlemania. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for all the matches on the Wrestlemania card by either leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Right, let's get into the post!

We have reached day three, Wednesday, in my Wrestlemania prediction week and today I actually have two predictions posts going up so you have a nice little treat today. The first match we are looking at is the rematch between fifteen time world champion John Cena and the current United States champion Rusev. Surprisingly I'm actually looking forward to this match and I have been for a while. I was honestly not expecting to like this feud what so ever and if I'm honest I think the turning point was their first match at Fastlane. It was such a great match in my opinion and a really in the making match/performance from Rusev. The storyline itself hasn't been as strong and in your face as Rusev's other feuds in the past but it has been fairly entertaining and has been more so about the actual wrestling but at the same time the storyline has been strong enough and meaningful enough to keep everyone or at least me entertained. It's nice to have a storyline that is not too over the top and over done. This weekend will see Rusev compete in he's biggest match to date as he competes on the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania for the first time. But can the undefeated Rusev be defeated on the most important night of he's career so far? Let's take a look at what both superstars have done this past month and what their chances are heading into Wrestlemania thirty one.

I will be the first to admit that when Rusev first arrived in the WWE wasn't all for him at all. I didn't believe in him and I didn't see he's career in the WWE going far. But as time went on I really did just start to believe in him an slowly but surely my opinions completely changed and I strangely became a pretty big fan of he's. I think whether you like him and the gimmick or not you cannot deny that he is a great wrestler with such a divers move set and the character is gripping and is entertaining. We have also really seen him grow over the past year both in the ring and on the mic and to be fair as a character also. He's matches when he first came up to the main roster was weak and it really took quite a while before he connected with the fans and truly made an impact. I my opinion the turning point was he's match on RAW against Sheamus in a rematch for the Unites States championship. It was in that match that he really got my attention and since then things just turnt around for him. He's feuds got stronger, the matches became longer and better, and he just started to stand out for all the right reasons. This weekend will be Rusev's toughest challenge yet. He has never competed at Wrestlemania before and the fact he is facing Cena of all people, this is a tough challenge for the much younger star but I honestly think he is going to have a good night. This match is a big deal, one hundred per cent, but he has proven once before he can hold he's own against Cena in the ring and can put on a great match. The two oddly work really well together and they mange to compliment each other in the ring and bring out the best in one another. A Fastlane they had one of the top matches of the night if not the match of the night and Rusev for me was the man of the night also. He lasted a good amount of time and delivered to a high high standard and surprised a lot of people. However, the Wrestlemania stage is much bigger and the steaks are a lot higher. Judging by the build up and being a fan of WWE for so long, I can't see Rusev getting another win over Cena this weekend. I think they will have another great match and Rusev will do yet another good job but I think in the end it will be Cena who will come out victorious. Even though I think it's unlikely Rusev will win, he could still make things all about him. It would be nice to have Lana out of ringside for a change and have it all about Rusev proving he doesn't need Lana or should I say he's skirt by he's side to help him win. I think that way the crowd will be much more interested in Rusev and the storyline as a whole and it takes all the attention away from Cena and more on Rusev. I do think he is going to be a stand out on the night and it will be interesting seeing how things come together.

We then have Cena and to be honest there is not as much to say. He of course has had another great year full of ups and downs but has all round been the John Cena we all know and not so much love. What I find pretty funny about all this is that this time last year Cena was facing a young up and coming star in Bray Wyatt but at the grandest stage of them all did not put him over and got a clean win over him and it does look as though history will be repeating itself this weekend. What I do like about this match and things this time around is that between these two is that the mood Cena is in is a lot more serious and the feel to the match is completely different. It just feels much more serious, much more important and that much more is at steak. I think what is key this weekend for Cena and he's main role is to make Rusev look as good as possible We all know Cena has a good history at Wrestlemania and either way this is another match for the record book for Cena. I think he will  have another typical Cena performance in my opinion this match needs to be all about Rusev and creating he's future. That being said I do still  think that Cena will be walking away with the United States championship and as I have said in the past the one good thing about this is that Cena is the perfect man to bring back importance to the championship.

If you ask me and if I could choose, I would go with Rusev on this one. He is the one I'm backing but I do still think that Cena will win. Mainly because I can't see the WWE letting Rusev get a clean win or any win for that matter over John Cena of all people at Wrestlemania of all places. The obvious ending is Rusev tapping out to Cena witch I can defiantly see happening and seems like the most likely result. What this could mean and lead to is that the following night on RAW we could see the debut of either Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville and we could see them challenge Cena for the championship or at least kick start a feud.  That way we get a major star holding a title that has become next to nothing/ meaningless and it will allow a new up and coming talent to get a major big push in their debut months. This would also allow Rusev to have someone to blame (Lana), giving him something to do after Wrestlemania and no reason for the Rusev/John Cena feud to continue.  It would be intresting seeing what they do with Rusev after mania with this or in fact even if he does win it will still be intresting. Now, if he does win, it means the same thing could happen the following night on RAW as if Cena was to win. Having Zayn or Neville debut the night after Wrestlemania is almost guaranteed and putting them in the main event picture seems unlikely at this point in time.But having either one of them debut the night after on RAW and defeat/ end Rusev's undefeated streak making them the new United States champion makes sense. I think either way the feud won't continue after Mania and the night after will be vital for the United States championship and Rusev. I think the match will be a good one and to be fair I don' think Rusev will suffer too badly loosing to Cena  a fifteen time world champion, at the grandest, biggest stage of them all.  In fact ending the undefeated streak would be a great move and the timing is pretty much perfect, allowing Rusev to loose will really open up he's character and allow him to do a little more. If Lana is back in time for Mania it would be really good if she some how cost Rusev the match, it would tie together well and make a lot of sense. But let me know what you think by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

RAW Review and reactions
Wrestlemania predictions: the bellas VS Paige and AJ Lee

Comments

Popular Posts