Superstars In need of Wrestlemania Moment

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. Thank you so much for the amazing comments on my previous blog post witch was all about passing the torch to Bray Wyatt. If you haven't read that post I will make sure to link it bellow at the end so you can go and check it out if you wish. With Wrestlemania only three week's away, my blog has been taken over by all things Wrestlemania and you guys have been loving the season, witch is great to see! Today, we are continuing the series with a little top five list as I tell you witch main roster superstars are in need of a Wrestlemania moment this year. This is a post I have been wanting to do for a long time but I wanted to make sure the list was as strong as possible and I had enough information to add. I really hope you enjoy this blog post and do let me know what you would like to see in the next two weeks of Wrestlemania season and what you think about today's post by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Also, in today's blog post, I will be giving you all the information about my Wrestlemania Q&A. All of that information will be at the end of the post so make sure you keep reading right to the end.

For thirty one years, Wrestlemania has been the biggest event in sports entertainment/ professional wrestling. It's the time to showcase the best of the best in World Wrestling Entertainment. The time where up and coming talent get to make a mark in the company and for both old and new talent to make history. This year,the card is bigger than ever and in my opinion the show is looking to be one of the best of all time. We have had strong build up's, great matches to put over the stars of the big event, and some of the best promo's and segments to come out of the WWE in many years. The thirty first anniversary will see the icon, have he's debut, one on one match inside a WWE in ring, as he takes on the king of kings himself, Triple H. We also have a huge ladder match, as Bad News Barrett defends he's Intercontinental championship against multiple opponents, and we have the main event witch of course will see Brock Lesnar defend he's WWE World Heavyweight championship against one of the most controversial superstars, the winner of the two thousand and fifteen Royal Rumble, Roman Reigns. This year the bar has been set extremely high and the everyone competing on the night has a lot to live up to. But while we know some superstars are most certainly going to have a good night thanks to guaranteed strong booking, who on the roster needs a stand out performance. Who more than anyone needs to have their Wrestlemania moment this year? Well, today I'm going to be listing who I think is in serious need of a Wrestlemania moment and why. You can let me know if you agree or disagree by leaving a comment bellow. Right, let's get into it!

Luke Harper
The first superstar I'm going to be talking about today is a man who I talk highly of twenty four seven, that man of course is Luke Harper. I have written up so many articles about why I'm such a major fan of Harper. I have spoken about he's career before the WWE and what he has achieved so far in World Wrestling Entertainment. If you haven't seen any of Harpers work as Broodie Lee then do make sure you go and research he's early career,  because trust me, when I say he is seriously underutilized I mean he is seriously underutilized.  Over the past year we have really seen him grow on the roster as a singles competitor. During he's run in the Wyatt family, he was the stand out member and was highlighted by the fans to be the strongest, most experienced, diverse, superstar in the faction. Time and time again he would shock the WWE universe with he's insane move set, doing stuff in the ring that realistically, everybody deemed it to be physically impossible for him to achieve. When the WWE split up the Wyatt family and all three superstars went their separate ways, Harper shined in singles matches and very quickly became the Intercontinental champion after defeating Dolph Ziggler on an episode of RAW. At the Survivor Series pay per view, Harper competed for team Authority but had a less than average performance. Now, you guy's all know by now that I'm beyond angry with the treatment of Harper. I have brought this up so many times over the past nine months or so, but I still have no idea why the WWE did not put the tag team championships on Rowan and Harper all those months back when they were feuding with the Usos. In the long run, the decision would of been a great business move. The Wyatt family could very easily had one of the best tag team feuds in recent years with the Ascension for the championships when they got the call up; and maybe just maybe, if Konnor and Viktor debuted as baby faces and in a strong feud, they would be receiving the hate they are getting now. Anyway, I realise I'm going off topic, but my main problem is the lack of belief in Harper. Since the moment he arrived in the WWE, he has been proving himself over and over again and anyone who has seen him not only in the WWE but in the inides, will tell you that Harper can very easily be one of the biggest heels not only in the WWE right now but in history. He's one of the most comfortable superstars on the roster when it comes to he's gimmick and in ring style. He know's who he is as a character and how to portray Luke Harper the character in the best possible way. He's one of the most diverse in ring competitors the WWE have ever had and to be honest I think it would be easy to place him in both a solid, entertaining, storyline and the main event picture. I do worry that because of he's age he hasn't got as much time compared to superstars like Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose, and the longer they hold him back the worse it will effect him in the future. He's Wrestlemania booking this year is perfect in my opinion. This will be Harpers first Wrestlemania match and so it needs to be a good one. We know that he will be competing in the Ladder match for the Intercontinental championship and I really do think he is really at home with this match and he really will be a stand out of the night. Now, there are a lot of amazingly talented and top names going into this match so Harper has a lot to live up to. I do think that this match will allow him to show off he's skills to the best ability. It's such an extreme environment/stipulation and that really does suit and match he's style.Because of the poor booking he has received over the past thew moths, Wrestlemania is a big deal for Harper. A solid, strong performance will be enough for him to make he's way back at the top of the roster.

Curtis Axel
Up next we have Curtis Axel. For the past two months or so we have seen the WWE go down an intresting lane with Curtis Axel. After never was eliminated from the Royal Rumble (or entered it in the first place), he has started an Axelmania moment, claiming he is the rightful winner of the two thousand and fifteen Royal Rumble. To be fair, a lot of good has come out of this idea. Last week I was actually cry laughing at he's segment and I really do think these are the baby steps in really pushing him and setting him off in the best, strongest direction. We have seen over the years, the WWE try and set him off in the right direction with he's alliance with Paul Heyman witch would go down hill and he's tag team work with Ryback witch ended up seeing the two at the bottom of the tag division. When Ryback was out on injury, we saw some decent matches from Axel on both Superstars and Main event, but nothing that would allow him to truly stand out. While it is evident that Axel is never going to be pushed as a main event star, there is no doubt that he is a great wrestler and there is something for him. He has shown through this new gimmick that he know's how entertain and is comfortable in he's role. With the storyline involving him and the Royal Rumble, it makes a lot of sense to have him win the Andre the giant battle royal. However, we have seen him talk about wanting Rusev and the Unites States championship. Whatever Axel does in the next thew months is important but he must have a strong Wrestlemania performance in order to cement a decent future to say the least.

Dean Ambrose
We then have the lunatic fringe, Dean Ambrose. You guys have all seen me talk about Ambrose and he's most recent work and know full well how I feel, so I'm not going to go too into this, plus a lot of what I will say in today's post will be in my prediction post so I will try and keep it as limited as possible. Right, there is no denying it, Dean Ambrose is one of the hottest talents in the WWE right now and he has been for a while. He has proven over the past year he is not someone the company can push aside, and he won't be living in Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns' shadow. He has proven to be main event talent and a huge huge fan favourite. He's merchandise sales have rocketed, the WWE universe love him and he is hands down one of the most must see WWE superstars of this generation. He's one of the best speakers around and one of the most experienced wrestlers and entertainers on the roster. However, over the past thew months we really have seen the WWE struggle in getting him into something major, that showcases he's skills to the very best. I think the main problem is the WWE focus way too much on it's main event stars at the current time and not the other superstars on the roster. I have mentioned before that I don't think he will be in this section of the roster for long. The WWE cannot afford to fail him what so ever but for now he needs to carry on making an impact and have an amazing performance at Wrestlemania. He needs to steal the show, the man everyone needs to remember on the night. A weak performance will hurt him more than anyone in the IC championship ladder match. He of course is really at home in this type of match but he needs to be the man that we all keep out eyes on throughout the match, or we could see him really struggle in the next thew months. So far he has a great Wrestlemania history and it would be great if they carried that on this year.

Damien Sandow
Damien Sandow is up next in my list of superstars in need of a Wrestlemania moment. This is something that I have mentioned quite a thew times over the past two months or so. For a while now we have seen Sandow work with The Miz with it starting out with him being/playing a stunt double. In the process the WWE universe began to really back Sandow and he became the centre of attention.Most recently we have seen Sandow go from stunt double to personal assistant after tensions between him and Miz grew. You guys all know that I'm a major Sandow fan, I have been for years and I have commented several times on how I think this gimmick will set him off in the right direction. In order for my theory to be correct, Sandow must have a Wrestlemania moment this year. Not only would it secure a good future for him for the rest of the year but it will prove that the WWE do know what the fans want and allow Sandow to finally shine and take the spotlight. The fans are one hundred percent behind him and when you look at Wrestlemania booking for him, seeing him win the Andre the giant battle royal, would make the most sense and would set up a decent mid card feud between him and Miz. If the WWE hold him back even more than it really will work against Sandow and he will be back to square one.

Roman Reigns
Finally, Roman Reigns. Just like with the Dean Ambrose situation, I don't wanna bore you all by
talking about the same thing so I will try my best to keep this as short as possible. After winning the Royal Rumble and he's Fastlane match against Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns will go onto face Brock Lesnar for the WWE World heavyweight championship in the main event. I have more than expressed my displeasure in all of this. I still think that Reigns is far from being ready to main event the biggest pay per view of the year but what I will say and what I have been saying for the past thew weeks is that he really has been showing some serious improvements, especially in the ring. So far their have been two stand out matches of he's so far for me, one being he's Fastlane main event and the second being he's match on RAW last week against Seth Rollins. Now, even though he is showing all these massive improvements, he still has a lot more to show in order to completely change the fan opinion. He really does need an outstanding performance at Wrestlemania, to finally prove he is worth being in the main event and worth the hype. I will definitely do a bigger post on this in the future and talk much much more about this in my predictions week.


You can let me know who you think is in need of a Wrestlemania moment by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts