Top 20 Matches of the month Part 1

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. We have reached the end of another month witch means it's time for my top twenty matches of March. This month literally flew by and I didn't even realise it until the end. I think it was because I was so busy with Wrestlemania season and I was getting so stressed that I didn't have time to realise just how quickly it was going. One thing I found this month was that TNA was just on fire! Literally every we got amazing matches and everything fell together really well. The UK shows were some of the best TNA shows we have had in ages. Another thing that has come to my attention this month was that the women in TNA and WWE/NXT had some really great matches and you will see a lot of them feature in this months top twenty. With such a busy month it was really hard to narrow it down to just twenty that I enjoyed but I think I have a list I like now. My top fifteen superstars of the month will be up this week also alongside part two of this post so keep an eye out for those. Remember next month I will introduce TNA Review and Reaction posts so that's something else to look forward too. I will link bellow any recent posts, including my Wrestlemania review and reactions. You can let me know what your match and superstar of the month have been by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

20)AJ Lee VS Brie Bella (Smackdown 5/3)
Kicking off this month's top twenty matches of the month is the first divas match to enter the list and it comes from two of the most popular WWE divas of all time, Brie Bella and the three time divas champion and face of the division, AJ Lee. After #GiveDivasAChance took twitter and the WWE by storm, the company were forced to start showing some improvements in it's divas division and pay more attention to it's female talent. This month we some small but important improvements in this match is a perfect example of one of the stronger matches of the month from the women of the WWE and one of the best examples of WWE listing to the fans and #GiveDivasAChance. Before the match began the divas champion, Nikki Bella and sister Brie, took to the mic and cut what was surprisingly a pretty good promo. The match itself was exactly what were asking for (even though I would of liked to have seen it go on a little longer). The girls got a solid seven minuets, witch meant they both got to showcase a lot more than usual. I also liked how the match wasn't all about AJ and she didn't dominate the match. She may have had a Cena win but both divas hit some great spots and it all fell really well into the storyline at that time.

19) The Ascension VS The Lucha Dragons (Superstars 13/3)
Up next is a tag team match that took place on an episode of Superstars, I mentioned a couple of months ago that I wanted to pay more attention to Superstars and Main Event and this month I really do try and do just that and I'm glad I did because we really did get some great matches in March on these shows. The one I'm going to be talking about today is the tag team match up between two former NXT Tag team champions, The Ascension and the Lucha Dragons. Throughout all of March we have seen Sin Cara and Kalisto work and get the build up they need on both Superstars and Main event but out of all the matches this one was the on that stood out for me. What really grabbed my attention was how refreshing it was. You guys all know how I feel about the main roster tag division. I think there weak, boring, and repetitive and lack originality.  But when you look at these two teams they just stand out for all the right reasons. Their so refreshing and just new and they really do leave me pretty excited about the future. What I'm hopeing is they get the exact same treatment as they did down when they were in NXT. This may not have been the longest of matches it was a stand out of the week for me and the month. They both showcased a lot in the time they had. It was energetic, entertaining, there was a lot going on in and outside of the ring and with the history they have in the ring it all just came together well and was a well put together match.

18) Sasha Banks VS Charlotte (NXT 4/3)
Finally, the main event, witch saw Sasha Banks defend her NXT Women's championship for the first time against the women she took the title from, Charlotte. Can I first say, how amazing was it to see two divas main event the show. It's such a shame we don't get this on the main roster because last night these girls proved that it doesn't matter who main event's the show, whether it's a superstar or a diva, they can steal the show at the end of the night and put on an outstanding match. This was just yet another reason why I would rather watch NXT than the main roster stuff and why the female talent should stay in NXT. These two have an amazing history and have had some phenomenal matches in the past, this was just another one to add to the list. They got around a fifteen minuet match witch was just great. With the whole, Give divas a chance movement, it's so nice seeing why the fans have created the movement and why it's a thing. They worked their butts off last night and proved once again that divas can put on great matches and are capable of main eventing a show. If NXT Divas and TNA Knockouts can main event shows, why can't main roster divas? The match last night was just amazing, from start to finish. The fans showed their respect to the girls throughout the match, with this is awesome and this is wrestling chants echoing through the arena. Banks and Charlotte took things up to a hole new level last night and just bettered themselves once again, raising the bar that much higher. We saw some amazing moves from both girls and it was a real back and fourth match. The remained in character throughout and told a great story. Banks did a really good job portraying the perfect heel diva and Charlotte just left me speechless once again. These two have not had a single bad match and they just stole the freaking show. An amazing showing from both girls and with Banks winning the match in true heel style, using the ropes, it was a great ending.

17) Taryn Terrell VS Awesome Kong (6/3)
Up next, we have another knockouts match. This month, TNA's female talent were simply on fire. Stand out's were Taryn Terrell, Gail Kim, and Awesome Kong, so the usual suspects but they really did just have some amazing performances this month and the storyline's were on point. At the start of the month we saw the Knockouts champion, Taryn Terrell wanting to prove herself to the fans, the company, the Knockouts in the back and most importantly, Taryn Terrell as she made it clear that she wanted to face one of the most destructive, dominate, women in the history of professional wrestling, a recently retuning, Awesome Kong.  I say "wanted" it was more "needed". The following week, in a UK show, Terrell got her wish and after weeks of being on the receiving end of Kong's horrid yet amazing finisher, she was finally going to be able to get her hands on Kong in a one on one match. I had pretty high expectations of this match. On the one hand we have one of the most destructive,dominate female pro wrestlers in the history of this business, and on the other hand we have on of the most talented female wrestlers and most improved in recent years. I would of loved to have seen this match go on a little longer. These two could of put on an even better match given a little extra time. But they really did deliverer and what I loved the most was how determined Taryn was. You could see the fire in her eyes and she really held her own throughout the match. I was disappointed with how it ended I will admit, but it made a lot of sense and was a nice smooth transition into the next storyline. And come on, who doesn't love a good old fashioned brawl between Gail Kim and Awesome Kong.

16) Kenny King VS Drew Galloway (6/3)
Another TNA match is up next and it comes from yet another UK taping show as one of the most popular British talents and former WWE superstar, Drew Galloway (previously known as Drew McIntyre) made he's way in to Impact Wrestling and on this particular night took on Beat Down Clan member Kenny King. I will be the first to admit I'm far from the biggest fan of Kenny King. He just doesn't really grab my attention as much as other guys on the roster. He is talented, there is no doubt in that, I just personally have never seen any hype surrounding him (I do however love the name Kenny King for some reason). This was until this match. On the topic of Drew, I have always been a fan of he's. Whether it's been he's ICW work and work in the indies or he's time in the WWE. I spoke a lot during he's release how seriously underutilised he was while in World Wrestling Entertainment. I wasn't really expecting much from this match if I'm honest. I thought it would be something quick to put over Galloway in he's home country and whatever but I really did enjoy this match. It was very even. Both guy's had a great showing and it had that rough, tough, almost barbaric feel to it, witch I always love. I was mainly surprised with Kenny King's performance. He really did surprise me and had a strong showing. I have to admit this was the first time I was hooked on a Kenny King match and was able to watch the entire match and want more after. The match length was great but as I said I could of watched it go on for much longer. The British crowd were of course amazing too.

15) John Cena VS Rusev (29/3 Wrestlemania)
CONTENT FROM WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW AND REACTION- Up next was another match I was really looking forward too and another one I spoke really high of throughout the build up. Now, I have said it before and I will say it again, if you would of told me a couple of months back that I would of found the Rusev/John Cena feud one of the best feuds of the year so far, I would of told you you were insane, but the build up and the strong wrestling work from Rusev has just turnt my opinion on the feud completely around. Rusev's entrance last night was very very controversial, it looked great but even I thought it was kind of crossing a line. To be honest, I did feel like it didn't matter who won the actual match, either way it was going to be a great one and the end result will benefit the United States championship. I do think the title got a little lost in the build up but if you scrap everything back this was the first time in a very long time that the title has been made a major deal. In the first stages of the match it was Rusev who took control and dominated but it very quickly became a back and fourth thing when Cena turnt things around. I forgot to mention that it was great seeing Lana back last night also. We heard the crowd  chant for her throughout the match witch  I found pretty funny. Rusev was by far the man of this match. He really did prove himself last night and brought everything he had. Rusev proved he is apart of that top future in the WWE and proved to be a top star in the WWE. This match was so well put together, so well thought, and had so much energy, passion, and story to it that it was almost perfect. The closing moments saw Lana get on the ramp to then be knocked off by Rusev by accident giving him the distraction and allowing Cena to become the new United States champion. Finally, the US championship means something and had credibility. One of my fave matches of the night and a great ending.

14) Nikki Bella VS Naomi (Main Event 14/3)
Up next is another divas match and this time it comes from the divas champion herself, Nikki Bella take on Naomi. It's no secret that Naomi is one of the best in ring performers and athletic divas on the WWE roster. I find it completely unbelievable that Naomi has not yet held the divas championship and the fact she has been in the WWE for so long. This match proved exactly why she should of been champion a long time ago. March has been all about #GiveDivasAChance and we have seen small improvements made in the division and even though it's nothing majorly big it's still something and at least the WWE are listening to the fans and taking things on board. This match was exactly what we  have been asking for, it was around nine to ten minuets, it had a lot of character, good story telling throughout and was really refreshing. The girls showed amazing strength, speed, and athleticism. It was a back and fourth match with saw Naomi dominate a good chunk of it, but it was nice seeing both divas showcase their talents. The addition of Brie at ringside was great also. What I liked the most about this match was the unpredictable ending. I predicted that Nikki was going to win considering she was the champ and it just felt like a one way thing. But I was really shocked to actually see Naomi get the win and it was a real nice touch to the end of the match.

13)Brock Lesnar VS Roman Reigns (29/3 Wrestlemania)
CONTENT FROM WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW AND REACTION- Finally, it was time for the big one, the main event, Brock Lesnar was set to defend the WWE World Heavyweight championship against one of the most controversial superstars in the WWE, Roman Reigns. You guys all know that I wasn't really looking forward to this match at all but thanks to Paul Heyman, I was looking much more forward to it then I was a month ago. The live crowd did not go easy on Reigns at all last night and I have to admit I did feel a little bad for him. At the end of the day, he is doing what he loves to do, he's doing what puts food on the plates of he's family, and to be fair it's not he's fault he is being pushed so early on he's career, it's not he'y fault he is being pushed when he's not ready, its all down to Vince and creative. The start of this match was one hundred per cent Brock Lesnar. He dominated this match in typical Lesnar style. Literally Reigns had next to no offence at all. The longer the match went on, the better it got and I did really get into it. Then out of nowhere Reigns manage to get back on top of things but just as he was closing in on the win Seth Rollins came out with the money in the bank briefcase and cashed in! Literally the best moment of my life and the biggest mark out moment of the night from me. Rollins becoming the new WWE World Heavyweight champion was the best moment of the night.In my opinion, Rollins had the best cash in in history. 

12) John Cena VS Dean Ambrose (RAW 30/3)
CONTENT FROM RAW REVIEW AND REACTIONS- We then had a promo from John Cena and as announced earlier he set out an open challenge for the United States champion. First of all, the promo wasn't all that bad at all. The man who answered the challenge was the one and only, the lunatic fringe, Dean Ambrose. I did predict this in my RAW prediction post and I honestly could not be more happy this went ahead. Ambrose really needed to get back on track and back on the top spot, this was the right way to go about and the best way to have him get back on top of things. The crowd were one hundred percent behind Ambrose as where I. Putting Ambrose back in the United States championship picture is one of the best moves the WWE have made in a long time, I was actually predicting the man to take the challenge would end up being BO Dallas or Rusev.  What I found odd about this match was how heel like John Cena was working. Now, it's going to be a long long time if ever that we see Cena turn heel but last night the way he worked the crowd, executed he's moves, and moved around the ring and throughout the match, he could not get more heel like if he tried. I really
did like this match and this was probably, for me, the second match of the night. This was on of the best one on one matches Ambrose has had in quite a while and it put him right back at the top of ladder allowing him time to really prove himself and prove why he is a top star in the WWE. Of course Cena retained the championship but after such an amazing match Ambrose has nothing to be ashamed of at all and I do think the next couple of months are gonna be good ones for the lunatic fringe. Great crowd reactions throughout the match and really solid, physical, packed match. I think Cena being the United States champion was probably the best move the WWE have made in a very very long time. Finally some credibility to the championship.

11) Ten man tag team team match (Smackdown 26/3)
At number eleven and just missing out on entering the top ten is a the huge eight man tag team match witch took place on the last Smackdown before Wrestlemania. The match saw Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Mark Henry team up to take on, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, The Big Show,a and Kane, with J&J security at ringside. This was an all star match that could of gone either way but in the end really worked out. It was a well put together match and as a result we saw every participate do just that. Participate and put in a lot during the match. Everyone had their moment to shine and it was something that was well thought out and well timed before mania. It was such a good way to give top talent some extra moment before heading into the biggest event of the year.

Wrestlemania Review and Reactions
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts