NXT Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. So we have come back around to Thursday morning witch means its  time for my NXT Review and Reactions. I want to quickly mention that because we are so close to Wrestlemania it means I don't have as much time left to write up the rest of my Wrestlemania posts and I have already started my Wrestlemania prediction posts so this might be the last NXT Review and reactions post for a thew weeks or at least until after Mania, also remember that on prediction week, NXT and Smackdown Review and Reactions posts don't go uploaded anyway. Last night's show was yet another good one. We had some great story development for the divas division, the tag division, and for all the other superstars on the roster and the current feuds/storyline's going on. We got yet another solid main event that kept me fully entertained and I'm gonna make some strong comments about the main event in comparison to the main roster main event matches. Before we get into the post there are some little reminders in regards to the next couple of weeks; I will link bellow any recent posts including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions, but mainly from Wrestlemania season including the information post for my Wrestlemania Q&A. You can also let me know what you thought of last night's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

The first match of the night came from the tag division as Enzo and Big Cas took on former NXT Tag Team Champions, The Lucha Dragons. Over the past couple of weeks or so, we have seen Cas and Enzo cut promos and make it clear they were coming after the tag team championships, currently held by Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake. To be honest, I think it's a long time coming. These guys have worked real hard to get to where they are now and I think we have to take into consideration that NXT has been the start of their wrestling career, so they may not be the strongest in ring competitors but they defiantly two of the most improved and have really come a long way. Enzo is someone that we all know has a bright future. I have said plenty of times before that no, he's not the best wrestler on the roster, far from it, and he still has a lot of work to do to better himself as a wrestler ready for the main roster, but the reality is, is he is one of the most gifted, confident, and natural, best speakers the WWE has in developmental. Nothing backs that up more than he's entrance. The crowd repeat every word he says and he know's how to entertain everyone of all ages. Last night the two had one of their best performances to date. Admittedly, it was a little messy at times but they had a great showing and Cas really did put he's seven foot frame into action. The Lucha Dragons had yet another good performance. You all probably would have seen them recently working on main roster shows like Main Event and Superstars over the past month, so it''s only a matter of time that they debut on RAW as a tag team. The match itself last night was full of entertainment, the story development of Cas and Enzo making their way to the tag team championships was clear and strong, and all round I thought it was a good start to the show and they did a great job gearing up the crowd for the rest of the night.

Up next, divas action as Alexa Bliss took on Carmella. I'm really happy that Bliss is getting her moment in the spotlight, it was only a matter of time. If you take away Banks, Charlotte, and Bayley, Alexa Bliss is the next best thing. We may not have seen that much of her on TV but just from what we have seen of her we know that she has a lot to bring to the WWE and after seeing her work from live shows, this girl has a huge future ahead of her. I also mentioned her in my fifteen superstars to watch in twenty fifteen. I'm beyond delighted to see that she is finally being put in the NXT Women's championship picture and I say really pay attention to her over the next couple of months because she's about to rock the NXT Divas division and give as all a little surprise. We then have Carmella. You know what, I like her. I think she has everything it takes to be a top heel diva and she's already proving that. She has a lot of sass, a lot attitude, and fight in her and from what we have seen of her in the ring, she's got a lot to show in the ring and once she is given the time to stand out even more and there is more space for to take centre stage, she really will take control and dominate the roster. The match last night was good. Really good. It was a well put together match, once again a little messy but it was a really good divas match. All I could think about during this match was Give divas a chance, and this match is exactly what we are asking for. NXT is a much a shorter show than RAW yet the girls get a good amount of time in the ring to be able to put on a solid match up so there really is no excuses on the main roster. Both girls had a strong showing, Bliss really showed off her athleticism and Carmella stayed in role throughout, dominating the match and keeping us entertained as a character. Bliss picked up in the end after hitting an impressive finisher.Maybe this is he's way up to the main roster commentary team.

Alex Riley was in action next when he took on CJ Parker. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Riley coming back to the ring and I have made that perfectly clear over the past couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, when Riley was on the main roster competing as a wrestler I was all for him and I was a major fan of he's, but he really does make a better commentator and I think it's clear that he's career /future as a commentator looks much much stronger and brighter than he's career/future as a wrestler. I also didn't like how CJ Parker had to job to yet another superstar. He's been the one to put over guys like Baron Corbin, Solomon Crow, Kevin Owens, and now Alex Riley. He's got such a strong gimmick that they really could do a lot with storyline wise, and I think it's a shame he is being wasted so much. Saying that he did dominate a good chunk of the match and he's personality really did shine through as usual, but in the end it was of course Riley who got the win and to be fair he did look to be in great shape last night and had a decent showing. I still wasn't sold. After the match Owens made an appearance and cut a little promo on Riley, witch I loved if I must say so, and it was a real nice little touch. I will say, that this is a great storyline and it does have a lot of potential but I just don't like the idea of Riley not going back to commentary, hopefully he gets to go back somehow.

Finally, main event time and Tyler Breeze and Hideo Itami stepped in the ring against each other once again. These guys have had some amazing matches in the past, literally every single match they have had against each other has been outstanding and so I was more than delighted that this match was taking place. Their feud hasn't been over the top at all, it hasn't been gimmicky or over done, it's been all about awesome matches and about proving themselves. What I love about NXT is how diverse their main events are. The fact that we get to see Tag teams, divas, and different superstars
main event its just great. While on the main roster we get the same superstars main event week after week after week, and it just gets boring.In fact for the past couple of weeks I have been waiting for the following morning to watch the main event matches and go to bed early, because it's all so predicable. Anyway, Breeze and Itami put on yet another great match and really good main event. It was well put together, every move was executed perfectly and it all just fell together. I was so happy to see Breeze pick up the win and throughout this match all I could think was how much I feel he is going to be the next Ziggler. I think the fans are going to love him on the main roster and really get behind him but the WWE ain't going to give him the time he deserves.

Let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow.

Superstars in Need of Wrestlemania Moment

Comments

Popular Posts