Stars We Want to See in the Mae Young Classic 2

One of the highlights of twenty seventeen in the wrestling world was, of course, the WWE Mae Young Classic, starting in the Summer and concluding in the Autumn the tournament was a brilliant next step in the women's Evolution and while it did disappoint in areas the concept was very important and gave women and women's wrestling a big opportunity and a spotlight the female talent have always deserved. There has course been conversations and rumors surrounding a second Mae Young Classic and in today's blog post we are going to be focusing on that and listing five female talents on the indie scene fans would love to see apart of the tournament! I am going to be focusing a lot on the women of the indie scene in the coming weeks so keep an eye out for those posts but for now let's jump into today's top five!

This Post was Pre-posted!


Ivelisse 

If there was any name I was disappointed to not see apart of the first ever Mae Young Classic it's current Lucha Underground star Ivelisse. I've mentioned Ivelisse before in previous blog posts and many will know that I have been a big fan of her work for quite some time. Her style and experience makes her an excellent contender in the Mae Young Classic and with having a history with the WWE I was surprised to see her not involved this time last year. If there is to be a second Mae Young Classic than Ivelisse has got to be a name considered. She's a popular name on the indie scene, she has become a key figure over in Lucha Underground and throughout her career has been apart of some solid matches against several other standout stars on the scene. I, of course, would love to actually see her back in the WWE someday as I've mentioned before. She is another one of those names the WWE just didn't use correctly and give the push she truly deserved; now proving over the years exactly what she is capable of Ivelisse would be a brilliant addition to both the Mae Young Classic and the WWE Women's division.


Su Yung

One woman I am totally obsessed with at the moment is the current Impact Wrestling Women's Champion, Su Yung. Damn, this woman is good. I've spent a lot of time recently going back and checking out some of her matches across the scene and of course enjoying her work over in Impact wrestling and in all honesty, I'm surprised to see that not many are talking about her. Yung is an intense performer with hands down one of the best and most intriguing characters in women's wrestling and everything she can do character wise she matches in the ring and is one hundred and ten percent worthy of the position she is in right now. Of course, the Mae Young Classic doesn't really focus greatly on characters but if she was to be apart of this tournament than Yung would standout simply by her appearance. She's the star who can bring something totally different to the table and introduce something new to the tournament. I would love to see the WWE let Su be the Su we know and love but a part of me does worry that the moment she enters a WWE ring than many changes would be made.

Kiera Hogan 

Another talent who surprisingly not as many people are talking about is Kiera Hogan. Now, I'll be honest its only recently that I've started paying attention to her work myself but I have been super impressed and cannot get enough! A striking look she too is another talent that just at first glance grabs your attention and stands out amongst a crowd. Unlike many of the names in today's blog post, she isn't as experienced, however, at only twenty-three years old Kiera is doing amazingly well and has been working some damn solid matches against a number of different stars including a must see against Ivelisse. If I'm being honest, out of everyone to feature in today's list its Kiera I do believe would, in fact, find herself as part of the Mae Young classic. She's young, fresh onto the scene and is super hot right now. Another name sure to bring plenty to the WWE women's division I would be surprised if the company didn't try snapping her up as soon as possible as its evident she would make for an excellent addition to the NXT Roster.


Angelina Love

I remember watching TNA years ago and it was the Beautiful people who stood out in the women's division. They may not have been the woman many parents would want their child idolizing but looking back at the careers now they were a big part of the roster and women's wrestling and there really is no denying that. Angelina Love has always been a talent that has grabbed my attention and the older I've got the more I have been able to appreciate what she does and her career and in saying that she had to make today's list. If I'm being honest, I'm surprised the WWE haven't tried signing Angelina within the past ten years but at thirty-six and still in great shape and working brilliant matches there is most certainly still a place for her and I would absolutely love to see Angelina as part of a second Mae Young Classic. She's the one women on this list who really can bring the experience. This is a woman who has traveled the world, been a multi-time world champion, and wrestled some of the best in the business. She's a popular name and a fan favourite and would make for such a brilliant competitor in the tournament.

Rosemary

And finally, one of the hottest and most talked about female wrestlers on the scene outside the WWE over the past few years, Rosemary. Like I've said before, I'm not a loyal consistent viewer of Impact wrestling and have more so dived in an out of watching, however, Rosemary's work for the company
is something that I have been paying a lot of attention to and her work on the scene, in general, has been standout. Her growth has been amazing to watch and I have loved seeing how far she has come. Just like Su Yung Rosemary is an intense, entertaining performer who brings so much character and depth. She's been apart of the standout matches, feuds, and storylines during her time with Impact and throughout her career has built a loyal following desperate to see more from her. She has been one of the favourites whenever there has been a conversation on a second Mae Young Classic with so many wanting to see her apart of that surprised she wasn't apart of the first. Rosemary isn't just a popular name to be apart of the second tournament but in fact the overall winner!

And that is my list! Like I said, I will be looking at the female talent outside the WWE quite a bit over the coming weeks so keep an eye out for those! As always I would love to see you guys get involved so tell me who you would have included in this post by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:

PREDICTING THE NEXT 12 MONTHS FOR CURRENT NXT CHAMPIONS

TOP 10 WWE MATCHES OF THE YEAR SO FAR (PART 1)

WWE VS IMPACT WRESTLING: BEST AND WORSE RIVALRIES OF THE PAST MONTH

NXT STARS WE WANT TO SEE MORE OF POST TAKEOVER CHICAGO

Comments

Popular Posts