Smackdown Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with this weeks Smackdown Review and Reactions post. I honestly really really did enjoy this weeks Smackdown and I have been advising everyone to go and give it a watch! I know review and reactions post have been all over the place recently here on my blog but after being ill and it being Wrestlemania week last week I just found it super difficult to keep everything flowing, but starting from Monday everything will go back to normal with RAW, Smackdown, NXT, and TNA Review and Reactions post going back up on my blog. I will also be bringing back RAW Predictions, top five, and my top matches and superstars of the month posts. As always you can let me know what you thought of this weeks Smackdown as well as Wrestlemania and the RAW after Mania by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow so you can stay all up to date. 

Upon he's huge victory this past Sunday at Wrestlemania against Triple H, new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns kick started Smackdown this week. The most noticeable thing first of all was the edited crowd reaction. I just watched the opening in complete confusion. I mean at this point is there any actual point in the WWE trying to fool anyone with fake crowd reactions? Anyway, standing in the middle of the ring, Reigns cut a very very similar promo to what he had done on RAW. Claiming that he wasn't a bad guy nor a good guy but the guy, it was difficult to see and hear what kind of reaction he was actually picking up from the crowd. Now, I know I never wrote at RAW Review this week but I did actually like he's promo on RAW this week. I feel as though the WWE have a much stronger idea when it comes down to what they are doing with Reigns now. He may not have had a full on heel turn this week on RAW but he sure made it clear he was not a baby face. If the WWE can keep this cocky, smug, arrogant, I don't give fuck, arse kicking Roman Reigns than they could be onto something really great here. They don't need to turn him full on heel right now as long as they keep him using this attitude than something really great could be on the way for Roman Reigns. Of course eventually I want to see him turn full on heel. I still think it's what is best for him in the long run for him and he really could make a brilliant bad ass heel. Now, this past Monday on RAW, AJ Styles found himself as the victor of a brilliant fatal four way main even earning himself the right to be number one contender for Roman Reigns' WWE World Heavyweight Championship and during last night's opening the phenomenal one made it clear that he was coming after that championship.Reigns however stood he's ground well, he brought up the fact that Styles hadn't been around in the WWE very long and in order to be the man in the WWE you had to have that prestigious championship that lays on the shoulder of the man himself. I'll be honest, I liked this opening. Short and simple but exactly what Reigns needed. The WWE are testing out something new with Reigns and I really really like it. This feud does have some potential. Roman could seriously learn a lot from Styles and I think AJ could seriously bring out something strong in Roman once they battle it out one on one. It's going to be interesting however seeing just how far the WWE are willing to go with a heel Roman Reigns.

They may have both competed in separate singles matches at Wrestlemania but this week on Smackdown Sin Cara and Kalisto, the Lucha Dragons stood together as they took on a tag team they are no stranger to, former NXT Tag team champion, the Vaudevillians who made their Smackdown/main roster debut last night. Personally, I am a huge huge fan of the Vaudevillians. I have written about them several times before here on my blog and I've tweeted about theme endlessly in the past. They were one of my favourite NXT Tag team and I'm so happy for them and proud of them for making it up to the main roster. I wasn't too happy about them debuting on Smackdown instead of RAW but I embraced it anyway and let myself enjoy their arrival. I said it on RAW earlier this week but there is something really special about seeing NXT Superstars debut on the main roster, something that only real NXT fans will really understand. Anyway, it was great seeing the Vaudevillians debut last night in a match against the Lucha Dragons. This two teams have a great history. We have seen some brilliant matches from them in the past and I seriously enjoyed their little bout last night. It wasn't as long as I would have hoped but it was long enough for fans who have never seen English and Gotch perform before to get an idea of what they are all about and what they are capable of in the ring. They continued to work as a heel and they showed fantastic team work with frequent tags and double team work throughout the match. I honestly really did enjoy this match so so much and I cannot wait to see what the WWE have in store for Aiden English and Simon Gotch but for now they have one clean, strong, impressive victory on their backs and so the moment is looking good for these former NXT Tag Team Champions. 

This past week on RAW during the formal presentation for the new WWE Women's Championship, Natalya took a stand and set her sights on the champ and the championship. Now, can I just speak for the entire world when I say about freaking time. I love the likes of Sasha Banks, Naomi, and Becky Lynch but I honestly do not believe there is one single women who deserves to hold that women's championship more than Natalya. She will forever go down as the most underutilised women in WWE history. Not only has she brought so much to the division behind the scenes but she is hands down one of the best in ring female performers the WWE has ever seen and the fact she has only had one run as champion is actually a disgrace. Now, I don't believe for a single second the WWE will be smart enough to put that championship on Nattie any time soon but the fact she is being highlighted as more than just a Total Divas star puts a huge smile on my face. The chemistry between Natalya and Charlotte is seriously amazing, it's unlike anything I have ever seen before. We have seen them put on brilliant matches in the past and their main roster feud is something I have wanted to see for a very very long time and something I have spoken about plenty of times before here on my blog. Last night on Smackdown Nattie set out to gain some momentum when she took on personal rival Summer Raw. I also need to quickly say how happy I am to see the WWE actually use Summer in the ring instead of eye candy  next to the likes of Dolph Ziggler and Rusev. You guys know how much of a Summer Rae fan I am so we don't need to go into that again but last night she and Nattie put on a match up that was all about giving Nattie some momentum. The former divas champion in Nattie was able to gain early control of the match but Summer's long frame worked to her advantage and she was able to gain her own form of control momently during this match. Summer got a couple of impressive spots in including a snap suplex outside of the ring, however the experience of Nattie came into play who was able to lock in the sharp shooter to gain a much needed victory as she started into the eyes of the women's champion as she got the victory. A stare down between Natalya and Charlotte at the end cemented this as a must see feud and one to watch out for in the coming weeks. 

After loosing he's Intercontinental Championship to the Miz twenty four hours after winning it at Wrestlemania, Zack Ryder was given he's rematch last night on Smackdown. Just like ninety nine percent of the WWE Universe, I was expecting Ryder to loose the championship on RAW this week so it came to absolutely no surprise seeing him drop it to the Miz this week. I was expecting it to be someone more like Baron Corbin, a new face, but after Maryse made her return and played a role in the match on RAW I was all for the idea. Again, I have written about Maryse plenty of times before, if you have been reading my blog for a while now you will know that she was an all time personal favourite of mine so it's brilliant hearing her theme again and seeing her out there with the Miz. Whether or not she wrestles again is another topic but Id love to see her do so eventually if it's possible due to her previous injury. The Miz is a superstar I really do respect. He's a fantastic heel and a phenomenal performer capable of so much in the ring so it's nice to see him used strongly and given the chance to become a five time Intercontinental Champion. When you pair him with he's wife Maryse you get something very very special and if the WWE book him and this duo right than we could have something very entertaining every single week with these two. The match itself last night was great. Honestly I absolutely loved it. In all honesty I wasn't expecting to enjoy this match half as much as I actually did. There was a decent amount of chemistry between the two superstars but the action was so strong. It was back and fourth back and fourth and the pair proved that they are capable of so much more than they have been showed to have. I'm so glad this was more than just a little five minuet bout. They had a good amount of time to showcase their talents and put on one of the strongest and most entertaining matches of the night. The closing moments once again saw Maryse get involved after causing another distraction allowing Miz to pick up the victory and retain the Intercontinental Championship.

This past Monday was all about debuts as NXT took over RAW. One of the debuts we saw came from rising NXT Talent, Apollo Crews. After making a huge impact in developmental, Crews received a surprised debut on RAW and defeated Tyler Breeze in one on one action. Last night he continued to gain momentum and make an impact when he took on Curtis Axel in one on one competition. Once again, I love Apollo Crews. I've been a fan of he's long before he came to the WWE and so it makes me so so happy seeing him competing on the big stage and making he's way up to great things. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting him debut this week at all so it was a huge surprise for me. I still felt as though there were plenty more for him to do in NXT but seeing Crews every week on RAW and Smackdown sits perfectly fine with me and I cannot wait to see what the WWE have planned for him in the long run, he's a brilliant talent capable of anything and everything in the ring. Last night he's match was short and simple. He spent a great deal of time in control but a slight distraction from the rest of the social outcast allowed Axel to turn the tables around. However, the former IC Champion didn't maintain that level of control and Crews' diverse in ring style led to him gaining another pin fall victory. 

Backstage interviews and segments last night included something short and simple from the two thousand and sixteen Andrea the Giant memorial battle royal Winner Baron Corbin. After delivering a brutal attack to Dolph Ziggler this past week on RAW Corbin sent out the message last night that the end of days had started and boasting about he's early accomplishments in the WWE. We all know that Baron isn't a promo master but he has improved over the past nine months or so and so the more mic time he gets and the more opportunities he gets the better he will be. Whether or not they continue work between him and Ziggler will be made clear on RAW next week. We also saw some tension between Becky Lynch and Emma. Now I don't know about you guys but this is a feud I know I can seriously get into. 

Tyler Breeze was once again booked for another loss this week on Smackdown when he took on Dean Ambrose in one on one action. You guys know how much the booking for Breeze makes me angry. I am honestly one of the biggest Tyler Breeze fans going and knowing how amazingly talented he is and seeing him used so poorly on the main roster makes me so unbelievably frustrated. I like to believe that the WWE know what they have with Breeze and a big push is waiting one day but it's hard to have faith when you see just how badly he is being used at the moment. The match last night was short and sweet as predicted. Ambrose remained in full control pretty much throughout the entirety of this match. The former IC champ didn't hold back what so ever with strong forceful blows to Breeze and a dirty deeds to picks up the victory gave Ambrose some much needed momentum. 

This week we were gifted with a huge Smackdown main event as the four superstars who main evented Monday night RAW just a thew days back headlined Smackdown in a tag team match with Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens teaming up to take on Cesaro and the number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, AJ Styles. This was a true all start main event and one that sure did have all my attention throughout. We have four of my all time and current favourites all sharing the ring together and once again it was a dream seeing Cesaro and AJ Styles team up together. This is every wrestling fans idea of a dream having these four superstars share a ring and I enjoyed every single second of it. The action was fast paced and gripping and we saw some truly phenomenal wrestling from all four superstars. There were frequent tags made between Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho after they were finally able to gain control after a shaky start. The pair worked on
isolating Cesaro from he's tag team partner and preventing him from making the tag but after Styles was able to get into the action the pace changed and slowly the phenomenal one was able to gain control of the action. However, continuous team work between Jericho and Owens allowed them to continue picking up close calls.  While Cesaro took out Jericho during the later stages of this match Kevin Owens had to deal with Sami Zayn who made he's way down to the ring looking to take out Owens. The distraction allowed AJ Styles to pick up another victory but the action was far from over. He's arm may have been bandaged up but Zayn took to Owens as the two brawled once again and this time to close the show. I honestly do love the rivalry between these two. I could legit watch them feud forever and ever, they keep me so entertained and I look forward to seeing what they have planned for these two in the near future. It was also great seeing that Zayn wasn't seriously injured. 

I honestly loved this weeks Smackdown. I seriously would advise everyone to give this weeks show a watch. I was able to get into every single match and backstage action that we got this week and I'm so glad I didn't give it a miss. Next week I will be brining back my RAW, NXT, and TNA Review and Reactions post as everything goes back to normal here on my blog from Monday. 

Comments

Popular Posts