WWE Payback Predictions: Dean Ambrose VS Chris Jericho

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it is prediction week once again as the two thousand and sixteen WWE Payback pay per view approaches. The annual event will take place live this up and coming Sunday on the first of May at the Allstate Arena in one of my favourite Wrestling cities, Chicago! Airing live on the WWE network of course, Payback is set to be an exciting show with Roman Reigns and the phenomenal one AJ Styles main eventing in what is bound to be a controversial yet must see bout for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. All week long here on my blog I will be making my bold predictions for every single match on the card including that huge main event. I won't however be predicting anything set for the kick off show but I will include the kick off show match in my Review and Reactions post next Monday. On the actual day of the event I will be live tweeting throughout the show and the same the next night for RAW. You guy's know how much I can enjoy writing these posts but I have mentioned before that they can be super time consuming so keep in mind that these are all pre posted two weeks in advance. As usual any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review and Reactions post and Top Five Wednesday post. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each and every match on the Payback card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

A feud almost months in the making has finally kick started as Chris Jericho and the lunatic fringe Dean Ambrose collide this up and coming Sunday live on the WWE Network at the Payback Pay Per View in Chicago. It's a feud that we have all been waiting to see begin and now that it has despite the lack of story and grip this is a match that I'm sure could result in being one of the highlights of the show but with this being a bout that could see so much go so wrong the WWE are going to have to be very very careful with how they book it and who walks out the victor is much more important than it seems. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at what both these superstars have been up to over the past month and I will be making my final bold predictions for this match up. With so much to get through lets jump right into it!

Dean Ambrose has had an interesting two thousand and sixteen. He started the year out as one of the biggest and hottest stars on the roster. With his bookings look strong and several stand out matches added to his twenty sixteen resume things were finally starting to look up for the lunatic fringe. Heading into Wrestlemania, Dean Ambrose was pitted against a beast and a no holds bards street fight between Ambrose and Brock Lesnar was added to an already stacked card. Throughout the build up the WWE did a fantastic job of creating a story between the two that was strong, gripping, and entertaining. If you read some of my blog post around Wrestlemania season you would have seen that I was loving this feud because of the strong story telling and the amazing work Dean Ambrose and Paul Heyman were doing to boost this storyline to the next level. Heading into Wrestlemania this was actually one of the matches I was most excited for and I voted this to be the match of the night during prediction week here on my blog, however, I could not have been left more disappointed come the end of the night. The match lost it's story very quickly and the problem was mainly to do with the lack of time they had. I was expecting a much much longer fight between these two and because it was so much shorter than it should have been they failed to really tell the story and do the things it was supposed to do. The whole point of this match was for Dean Ambrose to prove himself and regardless of who was the winner of this match Ambrose needed to come out of this generating a whole new level of respect from both the fans and Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. I wrote in my prediction post that I wanted to see Ambrose take a really big beating from Lesnar but carry that story on of he just kept getting back up to the point where Lesnar started to question how he was going to beat Ambrose and maybe even decide to use some kind of weapon to his advantage to get that all important victory but that didn't happen. Ambrose barely got any offence nor did he use the "gifts" that we had seen legends give him during the build up of the match. It was so short and done so wrong that despite it being an entertaining match it didn't reach expectations and it didn't do what it was supposed to do. As a big Dean Ambrose fan it gets to the point where you start to question if the WWE really know what they are doing with him and what kind of long term plans they have for him. Wrestlemania was such an important night for Ambrose and it just did not go his way at all. They spent the entire build up having Ambrose take a beating for Lesnar for him to only compete in a shorter match and loose at the grandest stage of them all. His win/loss record as it currently stands is not looking good what so ever and it makes this match against Chris Jericho even more important.

Wrestlemania was also an interesting night for Chris Jericho. I think it's safe to say that we were all expecting AJ Styles to talk out of Mania the victor of that match up, it made the most sense and seemed like one of the most predicable outcomes of the entire night. However, the WWE decided to change things up a little and give the win to Jericho. The match itself was not as good as I was expecting it to be. I was entertained yes, and I thought the wrestling all round was very very strong in this match but I think the problem we all had was that these two really didn't have the chemistry that we were all expecting them to have and the matches never really lived up to the expectations everyone had. Despite not being happy about Styles loosing that Mania match in all fairness he hasn't suffered at all and it's not as though his booking has gone down hill, in fact it's been the complete opposite. As for Chris Jericho the win at Mania did a lot of good for his character and really did good for the story being told for Jericho. I know I have said it a million times before but I honestly do love heel Chris Jericho, I always have done, and over the past couple of months he has been one of the most entertaining superstars on the roster. Since Wrestlemania Jericho has continued to be extremely entertaining and the WWE have actually got his booking right perfectly. So far twenty sixteen has been very very strong for Chris Jericho and how is booked this weekend in his match up against Dean Ambrose at Payback is going to be interesting to say the least.

The feud between Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose is something that has been in the making for a while now. It was several months back that we saw Jericho ally himself with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns to take on The Wyatt Family at a WWE pay per view event. However, after the match Jericho let everyone know he was not happy with the end result by shoving Ambrose and walking off backstage. Ever since that moment everyone has been expecting the two to collide and kick start their own singles feud. The WWE however left us all waiting and pretty much just left that idea floating around. Most fans including myself were expecting the two to feud heading into Wrestlemania, it seemed like the most likely match to be added to the card however of course things changed and Ambrose started feuding with Brock Lesnar and Jericho focused on AJ Styles. Now, I don't have an issue with this feud being pushed back and the two starting it now, my problem now is the lack of story. If you never saw that little nudge all the way back at the pay per view last year you wouldn't really have any idea why they were feuding. At this moment as I am writing this there is no story what so ever and so because of that I don't feel as though I have a legit reason to be excited about or gripped when it comes to this up and coming match. If you have been reading my blog for long enough you know that for me storytelling is so important for me. I hate seeing two superstars pitted against one another for no reason with no chemistry between the two and no story being told. While there is some kind of story there if you know the history between the two and they do have some degree of chemistry it's not what I would have liked to have seen.

Keeping all that in mind this is a very very important night for Dean Ambrose in particular. These next couple of months are actually very important for Ambrose. He really does need to find a way to
jump back from Wrestlemania and find his place on a roster that is about to get very very busy and very stacked. I do have a couple of blog posts coming up where I speak more about what I think the WWE should be doing with Ambrose over the next year so keep an eye out for that but it all starts this Sunday at Payback. This match against Jericho needs to show everyone that Ambrose is worthy of so much more and that he can bounce back from Wrestlemania fine. Because of the lack of story this is going to be hard to pull off but these are two brilliant and big characters and they could easily provide us with a fantastic match that gets us all talking but if I'm being honest at the moment my expectations are not very high what so ever. Personally, I will be backing Ambrose one hundred and ten percent. To be honest I don't if this win will do much for Ambrose right now but he really is desperate for a win after the past month or so. He needs this victory much more than Jericho and he will benefit from it in the long run but I won't be getting my hopes up any time soon because after all a win for Jericho will do him a lot of good as well when it comes to keeping his character and story strong.

Regardless of the lack of story and what I think is going to happen at the end of this match I am pretty interested in seeing what the two can deliver and how good the match itself is going to be. As always you can let me know what your predictions for this match and every other match on the card are y leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE Payback Predictions: Charlotte VS Natalya

Comments

Popular Posts