5 Underrated and Underutilised WWE Superstars

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. A couple of weeks back I wrote a blog post listing five top underrated and underutilised WWE Superstars of today and it went down very very well. So I decided to come back with part two! Just as I did part one, I had so much fun writing this post and taking my notes. I had a thew conversations with some of you guys on twitter and Facebook pre writing it and I only grow even more excited to write this post. You guys know me and you know that I love talking about underrated and underutilised WWE Superstars and going off on one big rant so this was a lot of fun to do. I did write an NXT version as well and I will link that bellow too. If you would like a divas only version than leave a comment at the end of this post. A quick reminder, there will be some names that aren't mentioned in this post today mainly because just like part one I want to focus more so on the names that aren't as obvious. If you would like a part three where I mention more of the obvious names than also let me know in the comments bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria. As always any recent posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review and Pay per view Review and Reactions post.

5) Bo Dallas
If you look back at the career of Bo Dallas than you are taken on one heck of a journey. At only twenty five, Bo has had a crazy wrestling career in the WWE alone. Going back to FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling) he was one of the most promising talents with clear strong charisma and a character you had no choice but to be entertained by and interested in. If you look at only how he came  across in FCW than anyone would have been certain that he would go one to be greatly successful in WWE. When FCW re-branded into NXT Bo only grew stronger and stronger and would make he's way up to becoming the third NXT Champion in history. He's reign was an interesting one and he made an entertaining champion. Defending he's championship well and carrying storyline's strongly, Bo gave us some great matches including a brilliant NXT Ladder match (the first in NXT history) back at NXT Arrival. He was easily one of my favourite NXT Superstars and gave us one of my personal favourite NXT feuds when he took on Adrian Neville. I really did think that Dallas was on a way to a great main roster career. He may have had a slightly different look from your average WWE top guy but he was a great mic worker, had loads of charisma, and was a very gifted wrestler. The moment I personally realised Bo was heading south was when the WWE started putting more emphasis on certain areas of he's personality. He slowly started becoming more of a joke once he dropped the title and while everyone he knew he's character well who watched him on NXT and understood what they were doing it was going in the wrong direction and I knew people who hadn't watched NXT wouldn't have got it. Since coming up to the main roster the WWE have done no good with Bo Dallas and have used him completely as a joke and a jobber. This is a guy who should of at least been a respected high profile IC/US Champion at some point. Instead he's working as a jobber, rarely on TV, and nowhere near doing what he should be. Bo really is a brilliant wrestler with outstanding charisma and mic ability and yet the WWE decide to completely waste him. He does remain a strong favourite of mine and someone I will forever be backing because lets be honest, I really do BOlieve

4) Tyler Breeze 
Anyone that has been following me on twitter or reading my blog for the past couple of years will know that I am a major Tyler Breeze fan! I have written several posts on him ad I haven't ever really had a bad word to say about him. Personally, for me he is one of the most entertaining, captivating, and talented WWE superstars. He's career in NXT was brilliant. He may never have captured gold but he did compete in some of the greatest NXT matches in developmental history, many of witch I still go back and re-watch and talk about today. I remember watching him in NXT and always talking about how much of a brilliant career he was going to have once he got the call up and I did say it over and over again that I felt as though he more than deserved to be NXT champion at some point in he's career and to be honest I'm still a little bitter about it. He's call up was something that was long overdue. Fans had been talking about it for a long time and it became an anticipated debut. However, when he did get the call up he's first appearance was on Smackdown, the first mistake the WWE made. Why they didn't debut him on RAW is something I will never understand and something that still frustrates me. Since he got the call up the WWE have done nothing write with him from how they debuted him, to he's feud with Ziggler, to what he is doing now. This is a superstar who is easily one of the best in ring performers and characters and a highly respected superstar at Full Sail, and once again he is someone we hardly see who a couple of weeks back jobbed to Kalisto. I did write a full post on Breeze so I will link that bellow so you can give that a read and get an even bigger image of how I'm feeling about the whole Tyler Breeze situation.

3) The Miz 
The Miz is another WWE Superstar that has had a crazy career. He kind of went from Joke, to mega star to jobber to I don't even know what to think any more. Personally, I think he's great. He's always been someone that has entertained me and I have spoken about a lot. In recent months I have written a lot more about him on this blog than I have done in the past and I will get into that in a little bit. I absolutely loved he's tag team work with John Morrison back in the day, it's crazy to think that was a lot lot longer ago than it feels like. Back then I would never have seen him as a main event superstar but then out of nowhere several years into he' career The Miz found himself right at the top and in a place I never expected. After cashing in he's Money in the bank Briefcase on Randy Orton he walked out of Monday night RAW as the WWE Champion certifying himself as the top guy on the roster. From that point onwards he had a brilliant year that included main eventing Wrestlemania and facing off against the biggest names in WWE around that time This year was just amazing and I remember me and my brother becoming huge Miz fans. He was the hottest thing going and he for sure had my attention every single week. I loved how he was being booked, the storyline's, he's change in character, everything was perfect and exactly what he should be doing. He went from being the kid on tough enough to the top star in the WWE. Now thats and achievement. In the years to come I loved he's work as US Champion, he's feud with Daniel Bryan and he's work with Alex Riley. In this time he showed the WWE and the world that he was a serious talent and someone we should all be taking very seriously. However, as time went on the spotlight faded and he kinda just faded into the background. In recent years he really has struggled and he's booking has been awful. It's so frustrating because he is such a great talent. Once again, he is one of the best mic workers on the roster and is easily one of the most charismatic superstars in all of the WWE, to top it he's a brilliant in ring performer, he's the total package and so for the WWE to be wasting him the way they are its makes me so mad! Last month he did fit in some great matches against the likes of Chris Jericho and AJ Styles and to be fair Miz TV is something that I do enjoy and is a regular thing. As far as going back to the days when he was at the top I doubt we will see it happen again but he truly is a fantastic superstars worthy of so much more than he gets and I really do hope that we see him at the top at some point again. There is always hope.

2) Becky Lynch
Your probably reading this and thinking why on earth has she put Becky Lynch in a top five underrated and unsterilised  superstars list. After all the fans know gifted she is and the WWE to be fair have given her decent treatment since coming up to the main roster after having a divas championship shot at the start of the year and her first Wrestlemania match. However, I really do believe Becky deserves to be in this list mainly because I don't feel as though the WWE truly know the talent they have in Becky Lynch. Yes, they have treated her pretty well, better than parts of me expected, but when you compare her transition up to the main roster in comparison to Charlotte and Sasha you can see and feel the difference. Becky did get a title shot before Sasha but it was Banks give an undefeated streak, Banks given stronger and longer matches and Banks who the WWE have booked and used stronger. I read a tweet a thew weeks back that mentioned Becky possibly being the female version of Cesaro, a brilliant talent over with the fans but never given her true moment to capture the most prestigious prize, and I have to be honest, I really do stick by that and support that comment. I mentioned it a while back but there is a part of me that feels like she should have stayed in NXT just a little longer. It would have been nice to have seen her capture the NXT championship and it would have been nice to see her do more in NXT. I do think she is going to have an interesting career and I'm certain she is going to be a fan favourite and deliver some fantastic matches, she already is, but I really do not think the WWE see what everyone else sees in her and I can't see her being given the chance to be champion for a long time and there are going to be plenty more women who have that slightly more conventional diva look who will get an opportunity before her. I predict that by the end of the year her name in this list will make perfect sense. See this is a future entrant.

1) Rusev
One of my biggest inspirations for writing this blog post was Rusev. Once again, if you have been reading my blog for long enough and have been following me on twitter than you will know that I am the biggest Rusev fan. I will admit that I wasn't feeling the hype of jumping on the I love Rusev bus back in he's NXT days but once he got the call up the more I saw of him  the more I grew to like him and become a fan. He's character was something I found myself investing in even more and Lana was just the brilliant addition that made the Rusev character so gripping and entertaining. He's first thew months were basic, he was clearly very dominate as he worked squash matches and simple feuds to
get himself over but the turning point was he's feud against John Cena. This was hands down one of my favourite feuds of the entire year and we got some of the best matches of twenty fifteen during this feud. It was from here onwards that Rusev proved he was decent on the mic (he actually ended up growing into a pretty strong speaker. If you look back at some of he's promos later on in the year when he started to distance himself from Lana than you may be a little impressed), he had fantastic performances, phenomenal matches and proved that he was a seriously talented superstars. Seriously by the end of the year I could have printed "I love Rusev" shirts and worn them everywhere I went! I look at where he is now, a year later and while yes he is still having dominate performances and impressive matches here and there it is nowhere near what he should be doing and how I would book him. In my eyes Rusev is worthy of being World Champion, no doubt about it. He has things to work on here and there but with a strong character and a move set like he's Rusev is someone I would not be pissed to see as champion. In reality I don't think he ever will make it there. With guys like Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, and Roman Reigns certain to be the top guys of the future of the WWE Rusev almost doesn't stand a chance. I do however want to at least see him as a strong, serious IC or US Champion in the future. He is such a fantastic performer who always whenever he competes keeps me entertained that it would be such a shame if the WWE wasted him.

I had so much fun writing this post and talking about it with you guys on twitter! I'm going to link some previous blog posts bellow talking about some of the superstars I have mentioned today in even more detail, particularly Tyler Breeze. As always you can have your say and let me know who you think is the most underrated and underutilised WWE Superstars of Today by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts