RAW Predictions

So last week we waved goodbye to Wrestlemania season as the biggest event of the year took over Dallas Texas for seven days. After several WWE events were put on across the week we got given a handful of brilliant wrestling matches and shows and to end it all this time last week we all sat back an enjoyed a very very entertaining Monday night RAW. The RAW after Mania this year did not disappoint and in my eyes it lived up to every expectation I had. We had a couple of interesting new stories kick start and not one, not two, but three NXT superstars made the jump from developmental to the main roster. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a little look back at all of last weeks action and I will be making my predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW. You would have seen that last week I did not upload a RAW or Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post and thats mainly because I was really unwell and I did mention a week before Mania that I wouldn't be reviewing the show. This week I will be brining back RAW, NXT, Smackdown, and TNA Review and Reactions posts here on my blog and I will be live tweeting throughout every show this week as well. I do have a couple of posts pre written which I will be uploading later this week including a top five Brie Bella moments of all time. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what your predictions are for this weeks show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

The Return of the Authority

So last week despite loosing he's hell in a cell match against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Shane McMahon was given the chance to show what he was capable of doing when in charge of Monday night RAW when Vince gave him control of the show for the night. I still have mixed feelings on this. It kind of made the Wrestlemania match up between Shane and Taker feel a little pointless but at the same time there is a part of me that believes this was a clever and almost evil move from Vince. Now we may have gotten what we wanted this time last week but it is only a matter of time before we see the Authority back on our screens with thirty minuet promos. While Triple H may now have much to boast about after loosing he's WWE World Heavyweight Championship to Roman Reigns at the grandest stage of them all, Stephanie sure will have a thew words to say about her brother falling flat at Wrestlemania and failing to earn the right to have control of Monday night RAW. As I'm currently writing this there is no confirmation that the Authority will return to RAW tonight but there is a strong part of me that is expecting to see that return during this weeks show. I am hopeing that there is going to be some kind of twist in the near future regarding Shane and control of RAW. Maybe an angle where Shane and Stephanie/The Authority have shared equal rights to the show or something along those lines but of course the problem with that is it takes away the whole point of that Huge Wrestlemania match.

The Rivalry of the century?

One of my favourite feuds of the past thew years has without a doubt been Sami Zayn VS Kevin Owens. Anyone that has been a long time fan of these or watched their epic NXT feud than you will know just what these two are capable of when pitted against one another. Whenever they step in the ring together, whenever they share the same room you get something very very special. Their in ring chemistry is insane and unlike anything we usually see. Having that amount of chemistry and it being that strong is something you just can't teach and it's so great as a hardcore fan to see week in and week out. Now, I know there are a thew people that don't like the fact that Zayn and Owens are feuding again on the main roster but honestly don't have a problem with it all, I could seriously watch them feud endlessly, I don't think I would ever grow bored of their rivalry. There are still so many people that don't watch NXT and haven't seen these two feud before so I'm all for them working a story up on the big stage. Last week both superstars were scheduled to compete in a huge fatal four way main event to determine the new number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship but after Owens attacked Zayn backstage the former NXT Champion was left with no option but to be pulled from the main event due to not being medically cleared. A couple of nights later Zayn got he's redemption when he cost Owens a tag team match on Smackdown giving him a taste of he's own medicine. Throughout a god chunk of last weeks RAW I  was spent worrying about Zayn after rumours of him injuring he's shoulder again surfaced the internet. Seeing him on Smackdown last Thursday was a huge relief and I'm hopeing to see him tonight on RAW.  If there is one problem I do have with this feud is that the WWE haven't explained why they are feuding in the first place. Their pretty much relying on WWE universe knowing their NXT history and their story and I get that for those who have never watched NXT or seen their work outside of the WWE this is extremely confusing and difficult to get into. I'm hopeing that the WWE/commentators start to explain the reasons why Owens and Zayn are banging heads every single week and why this is such a bitter, must see feud. They are bound to clash one on one at the next pay per view and so the build up is something that is going to have to be made a touch stronger to draw in more fans. Hopefully tonight we can see more of Zayn ( I still think people need to get used to him and understand he's style a little more) but all round I'm very excited in seeing where this goes next. 

Eye For an Eye

If you didn't watch last weeks Thursday night Smackdown than I would advise that you seriously go check it out. It was far from the best show in the world but it was a solid two hour event with some decent wrestling and more story development. In a backstage interview during the show we saw the signs of a new feud kick starting in the women's division between Emma and Becky Lynch. As a fan of both these women I'm glad they are being given some time in the spotlight and you guys know how much I love seeing more than one feud being booked in the division at the same time. We currently have a great story between Natalya and Charlotte in the Women's Championship picture but I am very excited to see something between Becky and Emma. A couple of weeks back I did write a blog post talking about how I think the WWE can re-establish Emma on the main roster and I will make sure to link that bellow at the end of today's post; Personally, I have been a fan of Emma's right from the very start but like I have said time and time again she needed a change in character and direction and now she has been given it we really are going to see some brilliant things from her. Her new look and new attitude is exactly what she has needed from the beginning and this rivalry between her and Becky Lynch has great potential and if the WWE give them enough time and attention than we could get some fantastic work from both of them. With a three hour Monday night RAW tonight as usual there is plenty of time for the WWE to fit in some more development between these two. We could see them go one on one tonight in a quick match that either ends in DQ or Emma picks up a cheat win over a Becky to give their feud a little push or they could decide to stick to backstage segments between the two for a couple more shows before seeing any action between the two. Regardless of what is booked between them tonight Becky is going to be on the hunt for some redemption and momentum after loosing her championship triple threat at Wrestlemania and then taking some harsh words form Emma on Smackdown. 

NXT Takeover

Last week NXT really did take over as not one, not two, not, three but four superstars made the jump from developmental to the main stage. On Monday night RAW we saw the arrival of Enzo and Cass, Apollo Crews, and the Andre the Giant Memorial battle royal winner Baron Corbin all arrive on the main roster and make their mark. A couple of days later and Aiden English and Simon Gotch aka the Vaudevillians debuted on Smackdown picking up a victory over the Lucha Dragons (so technically we had six NXT superstars get the call up). Come the end of the week I felt like a very proud NXT mother. Every single one of these superstars made an impact and made sure that everyone knew they had arrived and were ready to take over. In an ideal world I would have preferred to have had The Vaudevillians debut on RAW but there is a part of me that liked the fact they did so on Smackdown, it gave me a legitimate reason to actually want to tune in to the show. I am of course hopeing that they do make their RAW debut at some point tonight. If they do they will most probably compete in a rematch against the Lucha Dragons and their performance will undoubtedly be identical to what we saw on Smackdown last Thursday. Talking of NXT Tag Teams, Enzo and Cass finally made their huge debut last week as well. Picking up one of if not the biggest crowd reaction of the RAW After Mania night the pair gave The Dudley Boyz a verbal roasting that got an already hot crowd on their feet and louder than ever. While I loved every single second of their debut for months and months I have wanted to see a clash between the New Day and Enzo and Cass so there was a small part of me that was a little disappointed. However, the one thing I have wanted to see for a very long time on the main roster is a strong tag team division and these two new arrivals sure have spiced things up a little made things very interesting. The New Day are on the hunt for new challengers for their tag team championships, will one of these former NXT tag teams step up to the plate tonight? If not they both will sure be looking to fain some momentum and edge that little closer to earning the right to a championship match. 

We also saw the arrival of both Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews last week on RAW. So far Crews has been booked in two very simple squash matches building momentum and educating the WWE universe on what he is all about. While Baron Corbin has been taking a slightly different approach after he's match against Ziggler ended in a double count out he continued to attack the former world champion sending an even bigger message. How both superstars are booked tonight will be interesting. I have this little feeling in my gut that the WWE are going to book Crews and Ryback in some kind of mini feud to push Crews. While I would much rather like to see him in something stronger, building him up is exactly what the WWE need to do and the more we see of Crews the bigger star he will become. As for Corbin I'm pretty certain he will get a rematch against Ziggler tonight but I personally would much rather see a repeat of what we saw from him last week only in a match against another superstar maybe someone like Zack Ryder. If we see him taking out a different superstar every week I really do believe he will make a much bigger impact than a back and fourth set of matches against Dolph Ziggler every week. 

A Phenomenal Championship picture

Last weeks RAW main event was a big one. With AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, and a retuning Cesaro all competing for a shot at becoming the new number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship we as the fans were gifted with a brilliant wrestling match that had us all on the edge of our seats rooting for a different superstar. While they all had a fantastic performance and had their moment in the spotlight it was AJ Styles who walked away with the huge victory and later on in the week we saw the phenomenal one and the champ himself, Roman Reigns face off for the first time. With Reigns still sporting he's new attitude the WWE attempted to create the impression that this was a feud that had the WWE universe split into two with some pretty bad crowd sound edits. Honestly, it was so bad it made me cringe. Now, I love Reigns' new change in attitude. He may not have turnt full on heel but he sure as hell did not cut any promos that made anyone believe he was a baby face and so the WWE really are testing the waters with a more villain
like Reigns. Of course I still do want to see Reigns go full on heel at some point because I strongly believe that is exactly what he needs still in order to have a successful championship reign and get the respect from the crowd the WWE want him to have in the long run. I do believe that Styles could
bring out the best in Reigns when they eventually clash in a one on one match but creating a strong and gripping storyline may be just  a touch more difficult with neither of them being promo masters. I am however so happy to see a change up in the championship picture. A couple of new faces in the main event picture is exactly what I like to see and it sure has put a smile on my face. Will AJ Styles take the championship from Reigns? Absolutely not but the fact they are even feuding has left me sitting down and waiting on the edge of my seat for a strong Reigns heel turn. I'm predicting the WWE will have Reigns play the good guy for a little longer but he will soon learn that if he wants to keep hold of the championship than he's going to have to get a little nasty. I'm not the biggest Roman Reigns fan but I'm very very excited in seeing what the WWE have planned for both these superstars.

There is a lot to be excited about at the moment in the WWE. With plenty of new faces on the scene and new stories kick starting it's a great time to be a fan. What will be waiting next for the Miz and Maryse? What do the WWE have planned for a retuning Cesaro after he's huge reaction and amazing performances last week on RAW and Smackdown? And what will the new faces from NXT have in planned for their arrival on the main roster? As always I will be live tweeting throughout RAW tonight and you can let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts