WWE Payback Predictions: Charlotte VS Natalya

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it is prediction week once again as the two thousand and sixteen WWE Payback pay per view approaches. The annual event will take place live this up and coming Sunday on the first of May at the Allstate Arena in one of my favourite Wrestling cities, Chicago! Airing live on the WWE network of course, Payback is set to be an exciting show with Roman Reigns and the phenomenal one AJ Styles main eventing in what is bound to be a controversial yet must see bout for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. All week long here on my blog I will be making my bold predictions for every single match on the card including that huge main event. I won't however be predicting anything set for the kick off show but I will include the kick off show match in my Review and Reactions post next Monday. On the actual day of the event I will be live tweeting throughout the show and the same the next night for RAW. You guy's know how much I can enjoy writing these posts but I have mentioned before that they can be super time consuming so keep in mind that these are all pre posted two weeks in advance. As usual any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review and Reactions post and Top Five Wednesday post. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each and every match on the Payback card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday it is Hart VS Flair once again as Charlotte puts her WWE Women's Championship on the line against one of the most respected women in all of professional wrestling, Natalya. With both Ric Flair and Bret Hart set to be at ringside during this match this bound to be a must see bout that no one is going to want to miss. But witch of these two phenomenal superstars will walk out of Payback with the championship around their waste? In today's blog post we are going to be taking a little look back at what both women have been up to over the past month and of course I will be making my final bold predictions for this match. Right, lets get into it!

Natalya. If any of you reading this have been following me and reading my blog posts for long enough you will know all too well that I am a major major Nattie fan and I have been for years. A third generation female competitor, Natalya has proven time and time again that she is one of the best athletes in the WWE today regardless of gender. Her in ring capabilities are like no other and she really is the true definition of a WWE veteran. However, despite her blood line and phenomenal skill/talent, the WWE never really have got it right with her or really bothered to make the effort with her. Yes, she has had some highlights in her career including a run as divas champion but when you think about what she could have done and what she should have done the WWE ave never even scratched the surface. Over the years I have sat at my little laptop and gone on huge rants about the booking and use of Natalya and I know for a fact I am not alone. Everyone, and I literally mean everyone, sees how talented Natalya is and we all know that she deserves to be known for more than being a divas champion once in her career. She's the type of competitor that should be known for being a multi time champion and a sure future WWE Hall of famer and it's a shame that with so many younger talents coming up her chances of having a strong run at the top is so slim. I will link a couple of blog posts bellow where I have spoken about how underrated and underutilised Natalya is.Saying all that, I do understand slightly why the WWE have never really given her that big push. Her character is much less out there than the likes of the Bella's or Paige for example and she can come across a little awkward at times but when you are as talented in the ring as she is it's hard to say that she doesn't deserve a huge huge push. Now, some of the best matches we have seen from Nattie have come from NXT shows. Matches against the likes of Charlotte and Kaitlyn are highlights of her career and bouts that I tell everyone to go back and watch. What I also find so amazing about Natalya is is that you can literally put her in a three minuet match and she will find a way to show some great skill and leave you impressed and wanting more. Looking at where she is now in her career and I honestly do think she is at the peak. She has found herself taking center stage and owning it right now. Her crowd reactions have been so strong. We have seen her in some good backstage interviews and promos/segments and it finally feels as though she has a place and is in a legit storyline that is both captivating and entertaining and the expectations for this match on Sunday are huge.

I will admit, my opinions on Charlotte have changed a lot throughout the past couple of years. There is no doubting that she is a phenomenal athlete and when you put her in the ring you are guaranteed to see some brilliant wrestling. However, I have questioned her mic skills and character in the past. Saying that, I do think that over the past couple of months she really has come a long way and developed her character just that little more that has taken her from strength to strength. I honestly do believe that thanks to her promos, segments, matches, and attitude she has become not only one of the best heels in the women's division but one of the best heels in the WWE today. The heat she generates is so genuine and there aren't many heels today that are able to genuinely get a crowd annoyed and react the way Charlotte is able to get the WWE universe to react. I recently tweeted out that the fact she kept cheating and using Ric Flair to allow her to keep hold of her Women's Championship was annoying me and that in itself speaks volumes. Charlotte is literally being able to make me frustrated yet still want to come back and see her not only compete but see what she and her father have planned next. Then we have her championship reign. Charlotte won the divas championship back in September of last year at the Night of Champions pay per view and since then she has honestly been in my opinion a very strong and dominate champion. Taking on the likes of Paige, Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, and Sasha Banks, Charlotte gave us some fantastic matches against all of these women, some of witch I have spoken about here on my blog before. Her bouts against Paige and Nikki Bella in particular grabbed my attention as the first set of women's matches since the call up of the NXT women to begin to really change the game. She was able to provide Nikki with some of her greatest matches in her career and gave Paige the moment in the spotlight and the matches we had been waiting to see from her since her main roster debut. At Wrestlemania right at the start of the month Charlotte became the last women to hold the Divas Championship and after defeating Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch in a solid triple threat became the first WWE Women's Champion. Now, if you have been following me for long enough you will know that I am a huge Sasha Banks fan and on the night of Wrestlemania I was without a doubt pulling for her as was everyone else in my house on the night, so you can imagine how disappointed I was when Ric Flair held Sasha back and preventing her from winning the match and the championship. However, when I look at it now, Charlotte is one of if not the most put together competitor in the women's division and there is so much more the WWE can do with her as champion and the feud that he is currently in with Natalya on proves that. I know so many people have their doubts about Charlotte but I don't think anyone can take away the fact that not only is she a brilliant competitor but her championship reign has been one of the best we have seen in the division in a very very long time.

Since her championship reign began Charlotte has been using her father, two time WWE hall of famer Ric Flair to her advantage. His antics outside of the ring have allowed Charlotte to keep hold of her WWE Women's Championship but this weekend she won't have that numbers advantage as Natalya has her own family member she will be brining to stand by her side, hall of famer, Bret the Hit man hart. With the picture looking a lot more fair and even this match up between these two amazing athletes just got a whole lot more interesting. In two previous championship matches we have seen Charlotte and Ric Flair screw Nattie out of becoming champion but with her uncle now by her side Nattie has a much more even chance at becoming champion, but can she do it? Throughout the past couple of years we have seen these two women put on some outstanding matches. Their NXT Women's Championship match a couple of years back remains one of my all time favourite NXT matches and is one that I continue to talk about and recommend to people on a daily basis. It was that match that took women's wrestling to a whole new level and set the bar and no one has forgotten it. On that night they girls promised that that match would not be their last meeting in the ring and it sure wasn't. Going on to compete in several other matches against one another they have proven every single time they have gotten in the ring together that they are capable of putting on an epic match and their chemistry is phenomenal. I have spoken about the in ring chemistry between Natalya and Charlotte before but honestly it really is something to be amazed by and it makes their bouts that much stronger and must see. Every match of there's has that all fight feel to it and it feels like a trust must see and this championship match, the most important, this Sunday at payback is no different. Identical to their NXT Takeover match, this honestly feels like a main event is one hundred and ten percent one of the matches I am most looking forward too. Thankfully, because this is on Pay per view there will be no commercial ad breaks throughout the match and so what we see from these two is sure to be nothing short of fantastic. However, because of the standard they have set in
previous matches they have competed in the expectations are so so high and they still have that Takeover match to top. What I'm hopeing is they get long enough, around eighteen to twenty minuets at least, so that they can really put on a match for the ages and if they do get this time this could very easily be one of if not the match of the night.

Personally, I will be backing Natalya. I know I said that I wanted Sasha Banks to go on to become the next WWE Women's Champion but in all honesty there really is no other women in the WWE that deserves to hold that championship more than Natalya and I honestly do think it will be a shame if the WWE missed out on something with Nattie and a strong championship reign. Not to mention, Natalya VS Sasha Banks is one of my dream matches and they really could put on something phenomenal at SummerSlam. However, knowing the WWE, it's far more likely they will go with Charlotte for the win. If so, it will be interesting seeing what they do with her next. Regardless, this is sure to be a great match and one you will not want to miss!
As always you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the Payback card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE Payback Predictions: Sami Zayn VS Kevin Owens
WWE Payback Predictions: Roman Reigns VS AJ Styles

Comments

  1. Toe wrestling isn't too old a sport- it developed in Wetton only as recently as 1970- but in the 30-odd years since then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts