WWE Payback Predictions: The Miz VS Cesaro

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it is prediction week once again as the two thousand and sixteen WWE Payback pay per view approaches. The annual event will take place live this up and coming Sunday on the first of May at the Allstate Arena in one of my favourite Wrestling cities, Chicago! Airing live on the WWE network of course, Payback is set to be an exciting show with Roman Reigns and the phenomenal one AJ Styles main eventing in what is bound to be a controversial yet must see bout for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. All week long here on my blog I will be making my bold predictions for every single match on the card including that huge main event. I won't however be predicting anything set for the kick off show but I will include the kick off show match in my Review and Reactions post next Monday. On the actual day of the event I will be live tweeting throughout the show and the same the next night for RAW. You guy's know how much I can enjoy writing these posts but I have mentioned before that they can be super time consuming so keep in mind that these are all pre posted two weeks in advance. As usual any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review and Reactions post and Top Five Wednesday post. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each and every match on the Payback card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

He's only be back a thew weeks and already Swiss Superman Cesaro has found himself challenging the A-Lister the Miz for the Intercontinental championship at this years Payback pay per view, but if he wants to capture that prestigious title the fan favourite is going to have to go through a five time Intercontinental champion in the Miz and with Maryse by his side it looks as though the current title holder has all the momentum in the world. So who will be walking out of Chicago this Sunday with WWE Gold around their waist? Lets take a look back at what both these superstars have been up to over the past month leading up to this championship match.

Here is what I wrote about the Miz in a recent blog post. The full post will be linked bellow:
The Miz is another WWE Superstar that has had a crazy career. He kind of went from Joke, to mega star to jobber to I don't even know what to think any more. Personally, I think he's great. He's always been someone that has entertained me and I have spoken about a lot. In recent months I have written a lot more about him on this blog than I have done in the past and I will get into that in a little bit. I absolutely loved he's tag team work with John Morrison back in the day, it's crazy to think that was a lot lot longer ago than it feels like. Back then I would never have seen him as a main event superstar but then out of nowhere several years into he' career The Miz found himself right at the top and in a place I never expected. After cashing in he's Money in the bank Briefcase on Randy Orton he walked out of Monday night RAW as the WWE Champion certifying himself as the top guy on the roster. From that point onwards he had a brilliant year that included main eventing Wrestlemania and facing off against the biggest names in WWE around that time This year was just amazing and I remember me and my brother becoming huge Miz fans. He was the hottest thing going and he for sure had my attention every single week. I loved how he was being booked, the storyline's, he's change in character, everything was perfect and exactly what he should be doing. He went from being the kid on tough enough to the top star in the WWE. Now thats and achievement. In the years to come I loved he's work as US Champion, he's feud with Daniel Bryan and he's work with Alex Riley. In this time he showed the WWE and the world that he was a serious talent and someone we should all be taking very seriously. However, as time went on the spotlight faded and he kinda just faded into the background. In recent years he really has struggled and he's booking has been awful. It's so frustrating because he is such a great talent. Once again, he is one of the best mic workers on the roster and is easily one of the most charismatic superstars in all of the WWE, to top it he's a brilliant in ring performer, he's the total package and so for the WWE to be wasting him the way they are its makes me so mad! Last month he did fit in some great matches against the likes of Chris Jericho and AJ Styles and to be fair Miz TV is something that I do enjoy and is a regular thing. As far as going back to the days when he was at the top I doubt we will see it happen again but he truly is a fantastic superstars worthy of so much more than he gets and I really do hope that we see him at the top at some point again. There is always hope.

The night after Wrestlemania is always a huge and must see show. It guarantees surprises, debuts, and of course title changes. This year we saw Zack Ryder put he's Intercontinental Championship on the line against the Miz only twenty four hours of winning the title at Wrestlemania. The match itself was far from the best I had ever seen however both superstars put on a decent bout and I sure was left very entertained. Both the Miz and Zack Ryder went toe to toe and it was perfectly clear how badly they each wanted to walk out of Dallas with the championship. After things grew personal when the Miz faced off with Ryder's father former WWE Divas Champion and wife of the Miz Maryse made her return and it was her little distraction that allowed her husband to defeat Ryder for the championship and in the process become a five time, yes five time, Intercontinental champion.If you have been reading my posts here on this blog over the past couple of months or so than you will know that I'm actually a really big fan of the The Miz. He's someone that I have always been entertained by and someone who I have spoke about a lot of over the years. He's also a superstar who I have highlighted as one of the most underrated and underutilised in the WWE today. He's mic skills are insane and he's ability to entertain week in and week out is like no over. Yes he has had a taste of what it is like to be at the top but in recent years he really has struggled to find himself maintaining momentum and taking the same bookings he did five years ago or so. However, saying that, twenty sixteen has so far been shaping up to be a pretty good year for the Miz. I mentioned back in February that I felt as though he was slowly getting back on the right tracks with his booking slowly improving. We saw him compete in a couple of solid matches against both AJ Styles and Chris Jericho that I mentioned a couple of times here on my blog and we have seen several entertaining episodes of Miz TV, witch I have actually enjoyed way more than I was expecting too. Talking of Miz TV I need to quickly say just how much of a great job he has been doing with that, I honestly have seriously enjoyed so many editions of Miz TV and that has to be highlighted.

The night that saw Miz capture the Intercontinental Championship was an interesting one. I know there were so many people who were not happy to see Zack Ryder drop the title only twenty four hours after winning it at Mania but I know for a fact I was not the only one who was expecting it to happen. I predicted the moment he won the championship that he would loose it the following  night the moment he won it, did I think he would be loosing it to the Miz of all superstars? No, not at all. I had Baron Corbin or Kevin Owens actually in mind rather than the Miz but with Maryse making her return on the night and the story Miz and Ryder were able to tell during their little segment was enough to make this work and enough for me to jump on board and like the whole idea. For the first time in a long time it does actually feel like the WWE have a good direction and plan for the Miz. He's alliance with he's wife is perfect. Of course they have brilliant chemistry and work so amazingly well together. When you pair them together on TV you can just see the potential they have. It's clear that the WWE really could do something special with these guys in the long run and the storyline's they can pull off with them working as a duo can be very very strong. Hopefully, regardless of what happens this Sunday the WWE keep booking Miz well and they push his storyline's to the limit because he really does deserve it.

Now, I don't know about you but I missed Cesaro so so much while he was out with his shoulder injury. I have written about him so many times here on my blog in the past and you guys all know that I am a huge huge fan of him and I always have been. While he was away everyone started questioning what would be waiting for him when he returns. With poor booking in the past and never truly being given that big push he deserves everyone began to wonder if he's twenty sixteen return would be he's time. On the RAW after Wrestlemania the Swiss Superman made that huge return picking a massive reaction from the live crowd in Dallas and sending twitter on fire. I know I sure did mark out despite the fact it was almost four am. Filling Sami Zayn's place in the main event, Cesaro competed alongside AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Chris Jericho for the chance to become number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Despite not walking out with the win he did have an amazing performance and it was a sure a treat seeing him in the main event and sharing the ring with AJ Styles. Seriously one of my favourite moments of the year. A week later and Cesaro found himself competing for a shot at another championship. This time he took on Kevin Owens one on one with the winner of course facing the Miz at Payback for the Intercontinental Championship. After another fantastic match the Swiss Superman finally found himself with a championship match and while it may not be the match I would have liked to see him booked in I'm glad to see him on the card and competing for a title.

This isn't a match that I'm super excited for. Saying that I do think that give enough time this could actually be a solid match. They don't have a great deal of chemistry, the build up hasn't been that strong, and they do have very different styles but they are both fantastic competitors who bring something different yet entertaining and I genuinely don't know who will be walking out the winner. Now, I do love Cesaro. He is one of my favourite WWE Superstars and someone I will never get bored of watching wrestle. However, I have to say that I will be backing the Miz this weekend for win. The main reason has to be simply because I really do not want to see the Intercontinental Championship thrown around from superstar to superstar every week like we saw this time a couple of years back. To be fair there is  a lot the WWE could do with Miz as champion but there is a huge part of me that honestly does believe that Cesaro has been put into this match for a reason and has been booked to win it for so many reasons. With the roster looking the way it is currently looking Cesaro could possibly bring more to the championship and there could be more for him at the moment than there would be for Miz as champion. The thing with Miz is regardless of whether or not he wins this match on Sunday there is still a lot the WWE can do with him, while if Cesaro looses I don't know where they would go with him next. If Miz does get the win this Sunday than it will certainly be because of interference from Maryse. Like I said early I'm hopeing that the WWE give these two enough time in the ring. They are very different superstars but are easily capable of putting on a decent match to get everyone excited for the rest of the show.

As usual you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the Payback pay per view card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Of course I will be live tweeting throughout the show on Sunday using the hashtag #Payback.


Social Media Links:
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook

Comments

Popular Posts