Wrestlemania Predictions: New Day VS The League Of Nations

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It is officially Wrestlemania week! The biggest week in WWE and wrestling as we count down the final days until the biggest event of them all, Wrestlemania thirty two. All week long here on my blog we are going to be celebrating Wrestlemania as well. Every single day I will be uploading my Wrestlemania prediction and my NXT Takeover Dallas predictions. On some days I will be uploading up to three posts just because there are so many posts to be uploaded. I have to admit that it took a long long time for me to get all of these posts done and I had to work super hard so I hope you guys enjoy reading each one of them. It's also been a while since I last wrote a pay per view prediction post. Once Christmas hit last year I struggled to find the time to actually write these post and after a while they just faded out. I promised a couple of months back that I would be brining my pay per view predictions posts starting with Wrestlemania and NXT Takeover Dallas. It's been a little weird writing these again but despite the hard work they have been fun to do and have been keeping me busy. I hope you guys have also liked the couple of Wrestlemania posts as part of Wrestlemania season I have been uploaded over the past couple of weeks as well As always I will be linking bellow any recent blog posts including my most recent RAW and NXT Review, my previous pay per view review and reactions post and my last NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania prediction post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both of these huge show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After spending weeks of verbally abusing each other and taking out one another member by member the League Of Nations and the New Day will collide in a tag team match this up and coming Sunday at the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania. With the time for joking coming to and end who will walk of the biggest even of the year as the most dominate team in WWE? In today's blog post we are going to be taking a little look back at what both of these teams have been up to in recent months and what their odds look like for this huge tag team match up.

Before we get started here are a couple of paragraphs I wrote at the end of last year talking about why Big E is one of the most improved superstars of the past year and why the New Day were one of the greatest heels of two thousand and fifteen:

At number two in my top WWE Heel of two thousand and fourteen is the only faction/tag team to feature in today's blog post, of course it is the New Day. They may have had a rough little start of the year for Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, and Big E, the pair have found themselves ending twenty fifteen as three of the top stars on the roster and three of the biggest heels in the WWE. Personally, I have been a fan of the New Day from day one. I have loved the idea, loved the three superstars put together and have always seen the potential. While they were decent baby faces at the start of the year they weren't were they should have been and a heel turn is exactly what they needed. Once they had their heel turn things changed massively for the New Day! They went from being just another tag team to being the best things in the WWE this year! Their up beat character and power positivity has just been so amazing to watch and so unbelievably entertaining. I can't even out into words just how entertaining the New Day are and have been throughout the year. Their personal, insulting, but humerus segments and promos have been so so strong, so entertaining and so well done. Their such an original, unique set of characters and such original, unique heels, there's no one like them around right now and it just works. They cater to both young and older audiences and throughout every single feud they have been in this year, even though they have been taking on our favourites, you just can't wait to see what they have planned next. What their going to say and do next and that's what you need to have to be a successful WWE Superstars. We have seen them do everything to keep hold of their tag team championships this year, using the best heels moves possible. Their a great character and without a doubt three of the best heels of the year. Such a smart idea and such a great success.

I'm sure that number three will come to no surprise to any of you if you are a regular ready of my blog and follower of my twitter account. Over the past year I have made it perfectly clear that Big E has become one of my favourite WWE superstars and today he comes in at number three in my top five most improved WWE Superstars of two thousand and fifteen. It was back in late twenty fourteen that we saw Kofi Kingston, Big E, and Xavier Woods come together to create the New Day and even though it was a slow build up to their success this year saw the three superstars climb right to the top of their division becoming three of the WWE's must see superstars. There is no denying that the New Day have become one of the WWE's most entertaining, put together, and exciting superstars on the WWE roster and their over all improvement as a team as a team has been amazing this past year but for me it has been Big E who has really stood out for me. I'm sure that for anyone who has seen Big E's work from he's NXT days you will know that he is an amazing talent who hasn't completely been able to show off he's talents to their full potential until this past year. Throughout twenty fifteen we have seen Big E take the spotlight shining in every singe aspect. Whenever he has competed in the ring he has always somehow came out as the stand out of the match. He has showed us even more skill in the ring using both speed and strength to take out he's opponents. I have actually been pretty surprised with just how wide he's move set is. He's athleticism is just amazing and for a man he's size he's agility and the things he can do in the ring is absolutely amazing and so so impressive. He's character development has also been something we cannot ignore in this blog post. He's mic work has been outstanding and the amount of character he brought to he's matches and every single promo and and segment has been so so strong. I never could have predicted the amazing year that Big E actually ended up having this year and there was no way I could not have put him in this particular blog post.

For the past ten months or so the New Day have been the hottest thing in the WWE. Transforming from an average decent tag team to the most entertaining and must see things in the WWE, Big E, Xavier Woods, and Kofi Kingston have earned their place on the grandest stage of them all. Throughout the past year all three superstars have provided us with phenomenal matches and beyond entertaining segments and promos that I have sure gone back and watched over and over again. Trust me when I say my personal obsession with these guys has gone to the point where I quote the New Day on a daily basis. My mum hates it. They have exceeded any expectations the fans and even the WWE ever had about them and have gone on to have fantastic success. This up and coming weekend however they face a dominate League of Nations consisting of some of the most experienced, promising, and brutal superstars in all of the WWE. The rivalry between these two teams kick  started all the way back at Fastlane when during a segment between the two and Edge & Christian saw the tag team champions insult the League of Nations. The New Day continued to add more fuel to the fire when they began uploading videos mocking Sheamus, Barrett, Rusev, and Del Rio. Eventually the two teams would collide and after back and fourth matches the two teams will now take on one another at the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania.

In all honesty I haven't really been a fan of this New Day/League of Nations feud. I don't feel as though they have great chemistry at all and it doesn't appeal to me as much as other feuds for the New Day would have done so. I'm not surprised that the tag team championships will not be defend at Wrestlemania. The problem is that the division just isn't strong enough. Most of the teams are heels, all but two if you include the New Day, and so creating a fresh, interesting feud for the champs for Mania was next to impossible when the only team they could have faced off against was the Usos who not only have we seen them feud against already but they have their own work with the Dudley Boyz to deal with. So for me I'm not shocked or surprised there is no proper tag team championship match more so disappointed because after all it is Wrestlemania and you want to see every championship defended. However, despite the fact that I don't love this feud all that much I do think that it could be a great match depending on the time that they have. Of course the crowd are going to be all over the New Day. They remain one of the hottest things in the WWE and are without a doubt one of the most over talents in all of the WWE. I do believe that the New Day will walk out victorious, without a doubt. The night after is where all the attention is going to be. I know loads of people, including myself, wanted to see The New Day VS Enzo and Cas at Mania but while it's not happening at Mania I would bet money on the NXT talents making their debut on RAW and confronting the tag team champions. If this is set to happen then the New Day are going to need all the momentum in the world and a huge win at the grandest stage of them all against the League of Nations is exactly what they need.

I have always been a supporter of the League Of Nations. If you have been reading my blog or following me on twitter for long enough than you will know this very much. I have made so many comments over recent months and was all for the idea before they were even officially put together. Most of you will know that I have been a fan of Sheamus and Barrett for a very very long time and Rusev is one of my current favourite WWE Superstars (Del Rio I may not love as much but I can sure as hell appreciate the fact that he is a brilliant talent) and so when you put them together you really have got something special. I think they have a decent amount of chemistry, they look good together, they stand for something great, and they bring some good to the table. However, the WWE has been using them wrong right from the very start. They haven't been booked half as strongly as they should have been and the direction and the timing has been all wrong. It's such a shame because I honestly do feel as though these guys could have been something really great and very very dominate but the inconsistency has left me not as excited or entertained by them as I should have been.
Despite the poor booking in recent weeks they have picked up some solid victories and have had a couple of strong nights and now they face off against the tag team champions at the biggest stage of the year, Wrestlemania. I'm very happy to see them on the Mania card, all four men are very very hard workers and sure do deserve the opportunity to shine at the biggest event of the year. Their chances of a victory are very slim but like I said I do think this could be a great match considering they are given the time. They of course have the numbers advantage and they are without a doubt four of the most barbaric and ruthless superstars in all of the WWE. What is so great about this team is that they all bring something very different to the table, they all have a different style and they are all capable of different things in the ring. How they fair against the New Day in a lengthy match at Wrestlemania with the spotlight shining bright on them is going to be interesting. We can expect to see the League of Nations use their numbers advantage and their size advantage. They do work very very well together as a team but there are so many egos in this faction that this may be a problem as
the match goes on. Personally I think regardless of how good the match is and the end result the League Of Nations wont be together much longer after Wrestlemania. There just doesn't seem to be much left for them as a team and they will all be better off doing their own big thing, but it comes down to timing and I do think that keeping them together at least for another couple more months is what is best.

I do think this could be a great match. We have loads of character, a solid build up, and a lot of different styles and abilities. I'm very happy to see both these teams given the Wrestlemania spotlight but I do think this is a clear victory for the New Day. They have been on a role for almost a year strong and this victory at Wrestlemania of all places is a huge huge deal. I'm confident that Big E will be the main stand out of this match but I would love to see these guys given enough time so that they can all get their spotlight and moment to really shine and prove themselves. A Wrestlemania moment for all of these superstars would be great. Personally I will be backing the New Day and I do think they will be picking up the victory of the night. However, you can let me know what your predictions are and who you are backing for this match and every other match on the Wrestlemania card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts