RAW After Wrestlemania Predictions

So last night was the biggest wrestling vent of the year, the thirty second birthday of Wrestlemania and as the WWE's finest took to  the biggest stage in history we sat through almost five hours of none stop entertainment. The show overall was decent. I got through it to say the least. I felt as though the booking was dreadful. Don't get me wrong, we had some fantastic matches that will for sure be noted as some of the best of the year come December but the booking decisions made throughout the night were extremely odd. From Zack Ryder winning the Intercontinental Championship to Charlotte retaining all the way to the likes of League of Nations, Chris Jericho and Roman Reigns all walking away with victories. Putting all that aside I will admit I was fully entertained throughout the night and I remained active on twitter throughout the whole show. Now, if you have been following me for a lengthy amount of time you will know that I usually write pay per view review and reactions every single month including one for Mania. However this year I never planned on doing so and because I got ill last week I binned the idea completely. If you would still like to see a Wrestlemania review and reactions post later on in the week then do let me know and I will one hundred percent get down to doing that. Now, tonight is of course another huge night. As the biggest RAW of the year is set to take place in Dallas we can expect a packed and busy Monday night RAW tonight full of returns, debuts, and big big shocks and with John Cena and Baron Corbin making their mark last night at Wrestlemania we are in for something very very special tonight on RAW and today I am going to be predicting the entire show, making five points of what I think we could see during this weeks show. As always you can let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria and any recent blog posts will be linked bellow. 

Last night saw the start of something new for women in the WWE. Finally, after years and years and years of every single women in the WWE being treated so differently to male superstars and being disrespected by the company for so long a change kick started and instead of doing all the talking the company gave us some action as they ditched the Divas Championship and the name "diva" and introduced a beautiful new WWE Women's Championship that was identical to the WWE Championship. The reveal of the new championship was made on the Wrestlemania Kick off show with Hall of famer Lita delivering a mini speech and then finally presenting the new championship to the WWE Universe. This is something fans have been asking for for a very long time and something women of the WWE have been wanting for a very very long time. Later on in the night Becky Lynch, Charlotte, and Sasha Banks were given brilliant entrances and competed in the best wrestling match of the night. It was without a doubt the best Wrestlemania for women's wrestling in WWE history. If you were not excited before about the future of this division than you sure were after last night. My one issue I did have last night was of course Sasha Banks not winning the championship. I would have bet my house on her leaving Mania with that championship and I was absolutely fuming that she didn't. It doesn't take away the fact that these women put on a brilliant match but it would have been topped off perfectly if Sasha walked out with the gold. Now, I am a crazy Sasha Banks fan. I'll admit that any day of the week, and so I have managed to convince myself that she will get a one on one match tonight against Charlotte for the championship. To be fair this isn't a completely ridiculous idea. Sasha has never received a one on one for the championship and it was Ric Flair that held her leg back last night stopping her from breaking up the action in the ring and preventing Charlotte from retaining, so there is a huge part of me that believes it's possible she could be given a one on one match for the WWE Women's Championship tonight on Monday night RAW. If this is booked than I'm pretty much one hundred percent certain that she will walk away as the new champ. Regardless of whether of not a title match is booked tonight Sasha will one hundred percent continue her rivalry with Charlotte for the championship. However, I highly doubt Becky Lynch will be kept in the picture and finding something new for her will be very needed. Maybe a feud against Emma? 

Last night was full of unexpected turn of events. One being the opening match up that saw Zack Ryder, yes, Zack Ryder, win the Intercontinental Championship in a multi person ladder match. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am not a Zack Ryder fan at all and I was not one of the thousands cheering for him last night. I will say at least that it was a nice little story. He went from never hearing he's music at Wrestlemania to winning a championship at the grandest stage of them all, so good for him, but when you have the likes of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in there that was not the end result I was pulling for or even expecting at all. In all honesty I am one hundred and ten percent expecting Ryder to loose that championship tonight on RAW. Kevin Owens will most probably want a re-match and taking on Ryder tonight could be on the cards. It's something I really want to see happen for so many reasons but mainly because Zack really can't bring anything phenomenal to the table and we need men like Zayn and Owens in the picture to validate that championship. I will be surprised if Owens doesn't demand a championship match tonight but there is a part of me expecting the WWE to throw something different into the picture witch I will talk about a little later on. With Mania now done and dusted and multi superstar ladder matches out of the way hopefully now we can see Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn kick start a strong one on one rivalry. I just wish it was for the IC Championship with one of them holding the title right now. 

It was made official over the weekend that Brie Bella will be departing with the WWE this month. Her match up last night at Wrestlemania was said to be her last and it was a beautiful moment seeing Nikki come down to the ring to celebrate her sisters victory with the rest of Team Total Divas. Now, while the little celebration was nice at Wrestlemania I really would love to see Brie given the time tonight to give us all a little farewell speech and maybe share the ring with her sister one last time and let them have one last little moment together. Regardless of whether or not you are a fan of Brie Bella or not she has come a long long way and has made a huge impact in the company and I really love to see her get a little bit of time in the ring tonight to cut a little speech to say goodbye. She deserves that at least. I know a lot of people are expecting Bayley to debut tonight on RAW as well and I have to admit that I too really would love to see this happen tonight. I commented recently on how badly I want to see Emma and Bayley feud on the main roster and the more I think about it the more I want it to happen. With Bayley no longer holding the NXT Women's Championship there is nothing holding her back or stopping her from making a main roster debut any time soon. 

Talking of NXT Talent last night Baron Corbin shocked us all when he entered the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and not only had a dominate performance but one the whole thing! This for me was one of the best moments of the entire night and hands down the best booking decision of the entire night. If you have been reading my blog for long enough you will know all too well that I am a huge huge Baron Corbin fan and so this moment was always going to be a highlight of the night for me. Now, winning this and even entering this battle royal left everyone wondering whether or not this meant that Corbin was now officially on the main roster. With nothing solid and consistent going on with him in NXT there's no reason for the WWE not to call him up. There is a fair amount they could do with him on the main roster and I do honestly believe he would be a great addition. In a backstage interview (witch he conducted as a baby face) he focused he's attention on the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and promised that what we saw at Mania was the start of what he has to show the WWE Universe. Personally I am hopeing to see him officially debut on RAW tonight. I do prefer seeing him work as a heel so maybe challenging Zack Ryder for the championship and winning it tonight? I know I know, I'm sounding like a crazy Corbin fan and that will most probably not happen at all but hey it's nice to dream and after last night I am not ruling anything out. If he does debut tonight than expect a very very dominate performance.

It came to no surprise that Roman Reigns ended the night as the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. In all honesty me and my brother had next to no interest in this match and were too busy talking about what we would do if we had control of the WWE for a month. Turning Roman Reigns heel was something we both strongly agreed on. Now, I really don't like the fact that Reigns is
champion but like I said, I expected it and so I can't complain too much. Moving on to tonight and it's an important one for Reigns. The WWE have got to make us interested and the only way they are going to do that is honestly by turning Reigns heel. It's the only thing they can do at this point and the only thing that will really work. It's not an impossible task and it honestly will work wonders for Reigns. In an ideal world I would have Reigns main event the show celebrating he's victory from last night where he cuts a promo about everything he has been through to get that championship back around he's waste. Dean Ambrose and the Usos come out to congratulate Roman on he's victory but things turn sour when Reigns questions where they all were during Reigns' rivalry with Triple H, noting how he is always there for them but they have never been there for him. The whole thing leads to Reigns turning on all three and attacking them all to close the show. Now, I won't go getting my hopes up on Reigns heel turn but at this point we all know it is what is for the best. 

There is a lot that could happen tonight, after all, it's the RAW after Wrestlemania and I cannot wait. With John Cena back what will the WWE have in store for him tonight? What's next for AJ Styles after he's Wrestlemania loss? Will Enzo and Cass finally make their main roster debut? And what new changes will wait around the corner for the WWE Women's Division? As always I will be live tweeting throughout the show tonight and you can let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts