Wrestlemania Predictions: Roman Reigns VS Triple H

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It is officially Wrestlemania week! The biggest week in WWE and wrestling as we count down the final days until the biggest event of them all, Wrestlemania thirty two. All week long here on my blog we are going to be celebrating Wrestlemania as well. Every single day I will be uploading my Wrestlemania prediction and my NXT Takeover Dallas predictions. On some days I will be uploading up to three posts just because there are so many posts to be uploaded. I have to admit that it took a long long time for me to get all of these posts done and I had to work super hard so I hope you guys enjoy reading each one of them. It's also been a while since I last wrote a pay per view prediction post. Once Christmas hit last year I struggled to find the time to actually write these post and after a while they just faded out. I promised a couple of months back that I would be brining my pay per view predictions posts starting with Wrestlemania and NXT Takeover Dallas. It's been a little weird writing these again but despite the hard work they have been fun to do and have been keeping me busy. I hope you guys have also liked the couple of Wrestlemania posts as part of Wrestlemania season I have been uploaded over the past couple of weeks as well As always I will be linking bellow any recent blog posts including my most recent RAW and NXT Review, my previous pay per view review and reactions post and my last NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania prediction post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both of these huge show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

It was one year ago that Roman Reigns stepped into the main event of Wrestlemania to take on the beast, Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. After taking the beating of he's life Reigns was left laying flat in the middle of the ring by the end of the night after Seth Rollins shocked the world cashing in he's Money in the bank briefcase and walking out as the new World Champion. Over the past twelve months we have seen Roman Reigns fight to prove he's worth both as a WWE Superstar and a WWE Champion and one whole year later the powerhouse finds himself back in the main event of the biggest event of the year, Wrestlemania, fighting for the most prestigious prize of them all. However, this time there is neither a beast nor a money in the  bank briefcase standing in he's way instead one of the most decorated and experienced superstars in the WWE today, the game, Triple H is the only thing preventing Reigns from capturing gold one last time, but as we have seen over the past five weeks, the cerebral assassin is not going to go easy on the young star and if he wants to become champion this Sunday he is going to have to find a fight in him he may not have ever had to use before.

It was at the Royal Rumble pay per view back in January that Triple H remained the last man standing walking out as the new WWE World heavyweight champion. The game may have left us all waiting until the final entrant of the night but it came as no surprise with a good chunk of the WWE universe expecting Hunter walk out as champion knocking Reigns off he's top spot yet again. After what we had seen take place in the closing months of twenty fifteen I personally along with plenty of other fans were left predicting a one on one bout between the two to headline Wrestlemania. After how Survivor Series ended anyone and everyone could have written the next several months heading into Wrestlemania season. Personally, I wasn't too fused about Triple H becoming champion. Yes, I would have preferred to have seen someone like Bray Wyatt or Dean Ambrose crowned for all the obvious reasons but for storyline purposes this of course made the most amount of sense. When you think about nothing else really did make sense to be the Mania main event event. My only issue with Triple H being champion is that it hasn't felt like we have really had a champion. Over the past four or five weeks or so we have seen him do more. He's defended he's championship a couple of times on Network specials and live events but when you compare he's reign to someone like Seth Rollin than it's not enough especially when it's Wrestlemania season. Yes, I get, just like Brock Lesnar, Triple H is a part time in the ring but with a storyline like this a huge part of me wanted more. More championship defences, more in ring performances just more. I do think that he has had some brilliant nights. We have seen some great beat downs and brawls between Hunter and Reigns, he has made some much needed Smackdown appearances and cut some strong promos and segments over the past several weeks. In my personal opinion it has been Triple H who has kept me interested in the storyline/feud. He has been the one maybe not completely carrying the storyline but he has been for me the main attraction and the focus point, brining in the heat and entertainment to the storyline and the build up. If it wasn't for the work hunter has put in throughout the build up I don't think I would be half as interested in this match. The WWE have done good job in turning it around slightly. 

Roman Reigns. Where do I even begin? My opinions on this guy literally change more than I turn my lights on and off. One week I'm thinking I'm starting to like him the next I'm he' biggest critic with nothing but bad things to say about him. I did write a full big blog post discussing whether of not I think the WWE are going full circle with him so I will make sure to link that bellow at the end of today's post. Personally, I do think Reigns has plenty of potential but the WWE have gone wrong with him on so many occasions that the fans don't really know what to think. I still believe that he has a lot of proving himself to do both as a character and as an in ring competitor but there is so much potential there that you can't ignore it. Fans do not like being told who to like and who to cheer for. We should able to see who is a top talent and who we should be cheering for. This wasn't the case with Roman Reigns. The WWE did not make it a secret as to how high they were on Roman Reigns. The moment the Shield split it was clear that they had every intention on sending Roman Reigns down the same root as John Cena as the next big name. Now, it is perfectly fine to have a new superstar in line as the next top dog. It's something we have seen throughout WWE history the problem however is how it was done. Roman Reigns was clearly not ready for the main event, championship, top superstar place. He was weak on the mic, as a character (lacking charisma), and in the ring and every WWE fan knew it. It didn't matter whether or not you were a fan of he's or not, everyone knew full well that he was not ready but the WWE continued to push him, shoving him down our throats and the more they done that the more we grew to dislike him. In the past year he has come extremely far and no one can deny he's massive improvements. I strongly believe he is far more ready for the main event now than he was this time last year but there is this part of me that still thinks he isn't ready to be world champion, but if not now when? 

In the long run I honestly think in order for the WWE to get what they want (an over Roman Reigns) they are going to have to look at turning him heel. For over a year now people have been talking about Dean Ambrose turning on Reigns and going heel but I honestly think it should be the other way around. We have seen in both NXT/FCW, and he's early days in the Shield that Roman Reigns makes an extremely good heel. If we take into consideration where he is currently at now in he's career I really do believe he could make a fantastic bad guy. Maybe not at the level of Seth Rollins but sure a great one regardless. So how would they go about it? Well, personally I think the WWE should focus on Wrestlemania as the start of building a Roman Reigns heel turn and it starts off with Dean Ambrose. Lets say Ambrose has a brilliant match against Brock Lesnar but walks out very hurt and in need of an ambulance. Throughout the night we see Roman Reigns worried about Dean Ambrose and Stephanie teasing that he won't be able to go and stay by the side of he's brother. We could even see Reigns talking to Ambrose as he is being put into the Ambulance van. The whole drama with Ambrose leaves Roman anxious and distracted walking into he's main event match with Triple H. The two have an amazing match but because of an Ambrose distraction on titron during the closing moments Triple H is about to use that to pick up the victory of the night. Twenty four hours later on the RAW after Wrestlemania Ambrose comes out to apologise to Reigns and everything in a segment but big shock Roman Reigns turns on he's brother initially turning heel. The WWE universe want to boo Roman Reigns so give us a reason to do so. A heel Roman Reigns is exactly what the company and Reigns himself need. This is an ambitious heel turn but one I really do think would work amazingly well.

I do think there is a huge chance that Reigns will be walking out the victor this up and coming Sunday but the timing jut doesn't feel right for him. He still has a lot of winning over to do and the sight of Reigns holding the WWE Championship high in the air with fireworks going off and an arena booing the show closed is something as a company the WWE do not want to have and if Reigns gets the win over Hunter than that might be exactly what we see. Personally, I would like for Triple H to keep hold of that championship until Seth Rollins comes back for all the obvious reasons. I think as champion there is still a lot that Triple H could do but regardless of whether or not he keeps hold of he's championship this Sunday he will definitely be feuding with Rollins once he returns. I think in the bigger picture there is more for Reigns to do as champion than Triple H but the booking is going to be so important and heel turn regardless of the outcome this weekend is what is best as the next move for Reigns. 

This has been an interesting storyline. There have been moments that have been much stronger than
others and my interest has changed so much over the past thew months. I do think that Triple H could easily bring out a brilliant match in Roman Reigns and showcase him to be the promising talent worthy of being champion and one day the face of the WWE. Both superstars are powerhouses with similarities but the younger Roman Reigns could really learn a lot from the game and how the pair work together one on one is going to be great to see. They have really strong chemistry and a strong storyline and build up behind them. They have all ingredients for a brilliant Wrestlemania match now we just need to see it happen and I believe this could be one of Reigns's best performances and a true career defying and changing match. Maybe this could be the night we all change our opinions on him for good. I am looking forward to seeing how this match plays out and what we see go down between these two in their match up. The build up has turnt things around greatly and we could have a pretty solid Wrestlemania main event on our hands. As Always you can let me know what your predictions are for this and every other match on this year's Wrestlemania card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. And don't forget I will be live tweeting throughout NXT Takeover Dallas, Wrestlemania kick off show and of course Wrestlemania on Sunday. 

Comments

Popular Posts