WWE Payback Predictions: The Vaudevillians VS Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it is prediction week once again as the two thousand and sixteen WWE Payback pay per view approaches. The annual event will take place live this up and coming Sunday on the first of May at the Allstate Arena in one of my favourite Wrestling cities, Chicago! Airing live on the WWE network of course, Payback is set to be an exciting show with Roman Reigns and the phenomenal one AJ Styles main eventing in what is bound to be a controversial yet must see bout for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. All week long here on my blog I will be making my bold predictions for every single match on the card including that huge main event. I won't however be predicting anything set for the kick off show but I will include the kick off show match in my Review and Reactions post next Monday. On the actual day of the event I will be live tweeting throughout the show and the same the next night for RAW. You guy's know how much I can enjoy writing these posts but I have mentioned before that they can be super time consuming so keep in mind that these are all pre posted two weeks in advance. As usual any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW Review and Reactions post and Top Five Wednesday post. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each and every match on the Payback card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Over the past thew weeks the WWE have pushed the idea of a new era starting in the WWE and with new superstars, a change in booking, and Shane McMahon in charge we really have seen legit evidence of a new era in the WWE. One of the big announcements Shane made during his first week in control of Monday night RAW was the start of a tag team tournament to determine the number one contenders for the WWE tag team championships. This up and coming Sunday at the Payback pay per view we will see the finale match in the tournament as two former NXT tag teams take center stage with Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady and the Vaudevillians battle to get one step closer to those tag team titles. But who will be walking out as the number one contenders? In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look back at what both these teams have been up to recently and of course I will be making my final bold predictions for this match.

In recent weeks we have seen a thew new additions to the team division in the WWE. NXT's very own Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady made their much anticipated main roster debut on the night after Wrestlemania a couple of weeks back when they got into a verbal spat with Bubba Ray and D-Von aka the Dudley Boyz. The little segment was a great way to introduce the new tag team who had everyone on their feet and eating out the palm of Enzo's hands. They even managed to pick up one of the biggest reactions of the night witch came to no surprise anyway. Personally, I could not have been happier to see these guys debut on the main roster the night after Mania. For over a year I have been saying that I will not settle for their debut to take place on any other night and it really was perfect. Yes, it could have been even better. If the New Day were working as heels and Enzo and Cass came out to interrupt them than it would have been one of my highlights of the year let alone the night! But I was happy with what we got and after all we have all been waiting a long time for that debut. For the first couple of weeks we got to see a little story develop between Enzo and Cass and the Dudley Boyz witch made their victory over them during the tag team tournament that much better. That's right, the WWE actually told a story in the tag team division! One the tag team tournament was first announced there was no doubt in my mind that these two would be in the finals and the fact that they are one of the most over things in the WWE today makes their place in the finals this weekend even more special. So far they have had a great start on the main roster but will they be able to keep it up by defeating old rivals the Vaudevillians this Sunday at the Payback pay per view?

A couple of weeks back we also to got see former NXT Tag Team Champions the Vaudevillians debut on the main roster when they challenged the Lucha Dragons on Smackdown in their debut match. Now, I will be honest, I hated the fact that the WWE had these two debut on Smackdown instead of live on RAW. It's never a great start when you have a talent debut on Smackdown instead of RAW. I mean lets just take a look at a couple of examples, Bo Dallas... Tyler Breeze... are the WWE trying to tell us something? Now, they have had a good start competing in a couple of strong/decent tag team matches both on RAW and Smackdown, defeating former two time tag team champions the Usos and finding themselves competing for number one contendership but I cannot shake off this bad feeling that they are going to end up going in the exact same direction as the Ascension. They did have a brilliant run in NXT and were very over with the fans as where the Ascension but something that has come to my attention and many others is there character and how well and long it will last/do on the main roster. The WWE have failed to make the Ascension work on the main roster and I honestly do worry the Vaudevillians are going in the same direction. They have also struggled to really get over as much as Enzo and Cass on the main roster witch is just another worry. However, I am just hopeing that I am being super paranoid and they will end up being just fine and the WWE know what they are doing with them and they have some good, strong plans for them in the future. Now, they do have this huge tag team tournament final this Sunday at Payback and I honestly do believe they have a strong chance at walking away the victors. If the WWE can keep their momentum up and fit them in entertaining and gripping storyline's as they did in NXT than they will be just fine. English and Gotch are fantastic in ring competitors and they really do deserve a great run.

As big big fans of both of these teams and after following their careers throughout NXT it makes me so proud seeing the Vaudevillians and Enzo and Cass taking the spotlight and competing for the right to challenge for the tag team championships. They both have worked to extremely hard to be where they are today and they both deserve this spot in this match so so much. Because I am such a fan of both of these teams it is difficult to choose a side. I really do believe that this could be a brilliant match given that they are provided with enough time to actually compete. What is so great about these two teams is they of course have a very different style and character but when you put them together in the ring they just wok. If you have bee following their careers back from the early NXT days than you will know that there is a lot of history between these two teams, particularly between Big Cass and Aiden English and over the past week or so we have been able to see their chemistry and as I always say, good chemistry between opponents really does make a match. Also, because these are two teams with so much character we really are going to get an entertaining match out of these guys this weekend. Like I said, it is hard to choose I side in this match and I will honestly be happy with  any result but I also think it is hard to predict because the WWE really could go any way with this tag team tournament it really does depend on what the WWE have planned for the New Day. If they want to have them have a longer championship Reign than they may go with the Vaudevillians for the win this weekend but saying that they could go for English and Gotch if they are planning on having the New Day drop their titles to a heel tag team. I also think it would be pretty difficult to get that feud that we have all wanted to see between the New Day and Enzo and Cass because it will of course be face VS face but they could still make it work. If you are going on witch team is more over than you have to go with Enzo and Cass but it is really really hard to call. If I was booking the match I would probably go for the Vaudevillians just because I think they would benefit
from the win more than Enzo and Cass. We could also see the Dudley Boyz cost Enzo and Cass the match depending on whether or not the WWE are planning on extending their feud.

To be honest, I love that this is a slightly unpredictable match. I have already touched on it today but the tag team division on the main roster really has been suffering over the past couple of years but the two new additions along with Gallows and Anderson (who we have to take into consideration when thinking about this match and the bigger picture) really have changed the game and given the division the push it needed. I find myself so much more interested and invested in what every team is doing. Finally, we are seeing that change in the tag team divsion that we have been seeing in the women's division and once again it is all thanks to NXT. I loved the idea of a tag team tournament. It gave every team something to focus on and it did get everyone interested in the division. I do think that regardless of who walks out of this match with the victory and the new number one contenders this will be a very entertaining and good quality tag team match and seeing what awaits the team that wins and of course the New Day is going to be just as fun to watch.

As always you can have your say and let me know what you're predictions are for this match and every other match on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE Payback Predictions: Natalya VS Charlotte
WWE Payback Predictions: Sami Zayn VS Kevin Owens
WWE Payback Predictions: Roman Reigns VS AJ Styles

Comments

Popular Posts