How I would book Finn Balor's debut: Option 1 Payback.

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Today I'm doing something a little different here on my blog. After spending week, months and even years writing and talking about reviews, predictions, and top five's I wanted to explore something new and so I have decided to start a little series talking about How I would book and how I think the WWE should book certain matches, debuts, returns, and pay per views. This is something I have wanted to start doing for about twelve months or so but I've never really gotten around to starting it and to be honest I wasn't sure how it would go down so I put it off for a while, but after thinking about it a little more and being inspired by a recent debut I thought that I would give it a go and see what you guys think. If you do like this post and would like to see more like it then do let me know down in the comments and I will write some more for the future. Now, like I said, this particular blog post was inspired by a recent debut that debut being of Bullet Club. I'm pretty much one hundred and ten percent certain that everyone reading this knows about Bullet Club and know all about Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson, if not than I seriously advise that you all go and do some research, other wise this blog post is not going to appeal to you what so ever. Their long awaited arrival in the WWE was what inspired me to write this blog post and get talking about how I think the WWE should book Finn Balor's debut. As always I would love to know what you guys think so let me know how you would like to see Finn's debut booked by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Before we can actually get started in talking about the man himself, Finn Balor we need to talk about the two superstars main eventing this years Payback Pay per view, Roman Reigns and AJ Styles. Now, you will see in my prediction post for this match next week that I go into a lot of detail about how I would like to see their match end next Sunday so make sure you keep an eye our for that next Friday. Now, in that post I talk a lot about Bullet Club and we will get into that a little later on in the post but of course last week we saw Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson finally make their much anticipated arrival in the WWE. For weeks fans all around the world have been speculation when we would see Bullet Club make their stamp in the WWE and after teaser post from Finn Balor and the WWE themselves everyone was left on the edge of their seats desperate to see Gallows and Anderson arrive on the scene. On the eleventh of April edition of Monday night RAW the duo finally popped up on our screens attacking former tag team champions the Usos. I mentioned in my review and reactions post for that show witch will be linked bellow, that I actually had no idea they were on my screen at first because I was too busy writing my review. Out of nowhere Gallows and Anderson burst into the ring attacking Jimmy and Jey and the next thing I new I was marking out like crazy at god knows what time in the morning. It was so unexpected and completely out of the blue that it made the moment that much more special. Would I have booked their arrival differently? I probably would have and if you would like to see how I would have booked their debut than let me know and I will make sure to get writing that. However, regardless of what everyone thinks about their arrival last week they are guaranteed to make a huge impact in the WWE and the company have certainly got something huge planned for them, but this is what I personally would love to see!

So, looking at Payback we have AJ Styles VS Roman Reigns for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The match came about after Styles one a fatal four way number one contenders main event on the RAW after Wrestlemania. Prior to the arrival of Gallows and Anderson despite having my doubts about the booking of Reigns VS Styles I was confident from the start that Styles would able to bring out a great match in Roman Reigns at Payback and it was of course refreshing to see a new name in Styles in the main event picture and more importantly competing for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Now of course the arrival of Gallows and Anderson got everyone talking for all the obvious reasons but as the show went on everyone to remember that Styles was of course a former member of Bullet Club and began putting two and two together. If Gallows and Anderson were attacking the Usos, aka the cousins of Roman Reigns, and Reigns was defending his WWE gold against Styles in two weeks time surely this could not all be a coincidence. That is where my predictions get started. If I was booking the main event for Payback I would have Reigns and Styles work a brilliant, lengthy match that sees Reigns compete in possibly his best match to date. Throughout the match however Reigns uses a couple of cheap shots and his surroundings to get the upper hand. In the end it's the champ who cleanly defeats Styles with an epic spear that AJ sells perfectly (I know Reigns winning cleanly isn't the most popular but the WWE have already booked Reigns to cleanly defeat our favourite superstars, just think about Fastlane two thousand and fifteen) . After the match Reigns puts his hand out for Styles to shake but when Styles shakes his hand Reigns tightens his grip preventing AJ from being able to break the shake. A smug on the face of Reigns is the signal for Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows to make their appearance who both out of nowhere jump up on the apron and attack Styles to close the show. Now, you could go the other way around and have them attack Reigns with Styles standing strong with Gallows and Anderson but it does nothing for Reigns especially because the WWE are so desperate to get him over. Turning Styles heel and putting him in Bullet Club is only going to make people cheer him more and boo Reigns even more and so it's not as effective in the long run and looking at the bigger picture it just doesn't work. The WWE could also continue teasing that Styles could be joining his former Bullet Club brothers by having Gallows and Anderson attack Dean Ambrose next week on RAW.

The night after Payback would then open with Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, and the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns where Reigns comes clean about his plan all along and explains his actions from the night before. He could play the perfect heel, rubbing in how the fans were stupid enough to believe that they would be getting Bullet Club reunite in the WWE and play the smug champ. Of course this is an alliance that could go so wrong if it's no used right and we don't want this to be a shitty make of the Shield two point o. The WWE would need to create something very unique between these superstars that works perfectly. On this episode of RAW Reigns would also explain that the reasons why Anderson and Gallows attacked the Usos and Dean Ambrose was to teach them a lesson explaining how he was always there to save them but they never helped him out when he needed them the most during his feud with Triple H and the Authority. For another month or so we could see Styles continue chasing after the WWE World Heavyweight Championship but falls flat on a number of occasions thanks to the help Reigns has by his side. Filling in the gaps between then and SummerSlam we could see a number of big names on the roster challenge Reigns for the title but all falling flat on their face. That is until Reigns is forced to defend his championship against a surprise opponent. Shane McMahon (who at this point has some kind of control of Monday night RAW) announces at the top of the show that Reigns will have to defend his championship against a surprise opponent after the champ boasts about their being no real competition in the locker room. With Anderson and Gallows band from ringside everyone starts to question who the mystery
superstar will be. After Reigns had treated everyone like crap and gone through most of the roster names like AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Cesaro pop up and even the return of Seth Rollins becomes a popular option. But there is a new face on the scene and that face is the demon, Finn Balor.

The match is an intense, gruelling and physical one that has everyone on the edge of their seats and win Gallows and Anderson make their way to the ring we all start to believe that they are coming out to cause a DQ allowing Reigns to retain once again but in a twist when the referee's back is turnt Gallows punches Reigns in the face and witch allows Balor to set up the perfect closing moment and picks up the victory of the night become champion in the process. At the end of the match Balor takes the mic and declares that Bullet Club has arrived and all three superstars attack Reigns to close the show. This would also open the door for a future Shield reunion and of course Bullet Club VS The Shield later on in the year, after Seth Rollins ends his feud with Triple ( a storyline/feud that I have been talking about wanting to see for a very very long time here on my blog).

Now, I have titled this as option one There are plenty of other ways I would love to see Balor debut so including an angle that see's Bullet Club with Balor as the leader costing Styles the match at next Sunday's Payback pay per view. If you would like a couple more posts talking about how I would book Finn Balor's debut than let me know down in the comments bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts