Battleground Predictions: Kevin Owens VS John Cena

United States Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Last month the WWE gave us an amazing Money in the bank pay per view. It was jam packed of phenomenal matches, great story telling, and all round amazing entertainment but now it's time to look at the next chapter, as the road to Summer Slam begins and we starting with Battleground. That's right, this Sunday the WWE will present the third annual Battleground pay per view live from St. Louis, Missouri and what a show we have waiting for us. Our main event will see the self proclaimed future and present of the WWE, Seth Rollins defend he's WWE World Heavyweight championship against the beast, the man who ended the streak, and the man Rollins took the title from back at Wrestlemania, Brock Lesnar. This pay per view has had an insane build up and I cannot wait to really get into prediction week. Now, if you are new to my blog and you don't know about prediction week it's plain and simple; every day from Monday to Saturday I will be uploading prediction blog posts for every single match on the card, analysing every single little thing getting you already for Sunday's show. Then on Sunday I will be uploading my pictures to twitter of who I'm personally backing for each match and I will also be live tweeting throughout the entire show. On the Monday I will have my Review and Reactions post up for you all at eleven PM, UK time with my RAW Predictions following after later on in the day. With so much to get through in today's blog post I don't want to waste any time so I will give you my quick reminders and then we can jump right into everything.  I have already mentioned that I have pushed back NXT month again which I have hated doing but I've had no choice, there will be more on that later this month with more details. I will also have more information coming up with some new projects I'm working on. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts bellow including my Money in the bank review and reactions. Finally,you can let me know what your predictions are for this weekends pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After defeating Cena in round one and attacking him after round two, this Sunday we will see Kevin Owens take on John Cena at the Battleground pay per view in round three, but this time he is fighting for a prise as Cena puts he's United States championship on the line. Can Owens walk out of this Sunday's pay per view the new United States champion? Or will John Cena prove once and for all that he is not going anywhere any time soon and keep hold of one of the most respected championships in WWE history? Well, in today's blog post I'm going to take you back through all of the recent action between these two, recapping what we have seen over the past month and finally getting into my bold prediction for the match. With so much to get through lets jump right into it...

Before we really get stared, last month Kevin Owens was voted as my superstar of the month, here is what I wrote in the blog post. Full post will be linked bellow so you can and check the whole thing out.
"Finally, for a second month in a row, my superstar of the month is NXT Champion Kevin Owens. I really do try and have a different superstar of the month every four weeks but once again there was no one else that deserved to take the number one spot more than Kevin Owens. By the end of May I was convinced that it would be impossible for him to have a second straight amazing month and top the last but he really has done just that, taking it up a notch and dominating a never four plus week in the WWE. Everywhere you go, every single WWE product you watch Kevin Owens is there. It doesn't matter if it is RAW, Smackdown, or NXT, Kevin Owens has been everywhere and everyone is talking about him. Throughout the month Owens' booking has been amazing! I have to applaud the WWE creative team, witch isn't something I get to do very often, but they have just got it so right with him for another month. Week after week he has been competing in top top matches against superstars such as Samoa Joe, Cesaro, John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, and Adrian Neville. All of witch have been performed to a high standard and have been branded some of the best of the month and year. I actually featured four/five of Owens matches this past month in my top twenty matches of the month blog post (part two will be uploaded later this week). On RAW he had two open challenge matches. One would be against Ziggler, witch was honestly a dream match of mine and made me so happy. The other was against former NXT champion, Adrian Neville, witch as yet another dream match of mine. In both matches Owens dominated and took almost full control. He also had a great match against Cesaro on Smackdown, it might not have been the longest but it was so well done on both superstars behalf. The build up for he's rematch against John Cena was amazing. He cut some of the best promos I have ever seen, witch is a bold statement to make I know, but honestly, he had me so gripped and entertained. He sold their up and coming match amazingly well and hyped himself and the story just perfect. Talking of the storyline, it has by far been my favourite storyline of the month. It's something that has just gotten better and better as the weeks have gone by witch I thought would be impossible after how great May was for them. The actual match was by far a match of the year candidate. Owens may not have walked away with the victory but he had an outstanding performance and we were all left talking about him come the end of the night. He's attacked on Cena after the match was such a great touch and come on, the following night he attacked MGK, the guy has been unstoppable. He's also been working and outstanding feud with Samoa Joe down in NXT alongside some great work with Hideo Itami and Finn Balor. Picking up more stand out matches there also.Amazing promos/segments, phenomenal matches, and stand out brawls and attacks have made Kevin Owens superstar of the month for a second month running, can he make it three months in a row?"

As you can all ready tell, the past month has been amazing for Kevin Owens, he may have lost to Cena back the Money In The Bank pay per view but it didn't effect him at all. Now it comes down to can he really suffer another loss again the fifteen time world champion? Things are defiantly different this time round as the United States championship is on the line. So this is the first time Owens will actually be competing for the Untied States championship on a pay per view and the first time he will have the chance to capture a main roster championship. This is a seriously important night for Kevin Owens. It's night that he's future will truly be decided. It's night he will finally become a star and the direction in witch he goes in on the main roster will be made more clear. He's been feuding with John for nearly two months now and it has been a great feud. I have said it plenty of times before but this by far one of if not my current favourite feud in all of the WWE right now. It has everything you want and is delivering week after week. Owens has performing amazingly well and has been representing NXT perfectly. The problem I have always had is the worry of the feud dying out. With most Cena feuds they always start out great. Your hooked and they come across as the top feud/storyline going on on the roster but the longer they go on the ore stale and boring they become and the more repetitive and predicable they become. So far we haven't had that in this feud because there has always been something strong to go on and to come up next. What we have been able to see recently is the feud introduce the US title witch has kept interest in it and kept everyone on the edge of their seat. I have to admit, I have been a little disappointed with how little the actual title has been put in the storyline. I would of liked it if the title got more attention. This feud was the perfect way to add some shine to the US championship  and I'm not sure if it's done that completely. I loved it when Owens said he wanted it to be the symbol of he's excellence. I thought it was a really nice touch and it brought a great deal of much needed attention tot he championship. This is the perfect feud to make the US title feel more than just a mid card title and bring back all the prestige and importance to it. Throughout the feud we have seen Owens obsessed with becoming champion. Kevin as a character and as a person are under a lot of pressure this weekend. For the character it's about proving he is better than the current champ and that there is a life after John Cena and it's time for a change. For Kevin the person it's the night he needs to become a top star and prove that he has it all. I would of liked to have seen more energy and passion come from Owens with wanting the championship, I think that's the only thing that's really let this feud down. This weekend we need to see even more from Owens and it's going to be really hard for him. We've seen so much of him since he debuted and he's someone who has just gotten better and better as the weeks and months have gone on. He's had two huge matches against John already, two matches that are strong candidates for match of the year and I don't doubt that it won't be the same a third time round but the big question is can he suffer a second loss to Cena. Kevin Owens is still working in NXT even though he dropped the title to Finn Balor at best in the east. He clearly has a lot of unfinished business down there and he is booked for a match at the next NXT Takeover show in August. However, I do think there is a huge huge chance Cena will loose the title to Owens this weekend. It seems pretty Obvious that is how the match will be ending this weekend. The fact that Owens doesn't have the NXT championship any more means there is nothing keeping him in NXT, nothing holding him back and nothing stopping him from being able to hold the United States championship. Owens has been working on both RAW and Smackdown for the almost two straight months and so it would make sense for him to take the title. With how the storyline has been it would make great sense and would please a lot of fans including myself. I think having Cena drop the title to Owens would be a huge statement. It sends a message to the guys down in NXT that holding the NXT championship can lead to big big things when they go up to the main roster. If Owens can beat Cena twice, a second time for the United States championship, we are going to see a very different WWE and the future really kick start. There will be great changes to both the roster and the actual US championship witch I love.

I don't have all that much to say about John Cena to be honest. It's been great seeing him take a little seat back over the past couple of months and letting Owens shine. These two have had some amazing segments and as usual Cena has cut some great promos. That's the thing with John, he tells a great story throughout a feud. He's passion keeps any storyline he's in alive, entertaining and interesting. The promo's he's cut and what he has said during segments has been amazing. It's kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more from the feud and that's what should be happening with every single storyline going on. The other thing with John is love him or hate him he's one of not many veterans who will put over young talent as much as he does. He really has let Owens take a lot of the spotlight in this feud and to be fair it hasn't had that typical Cena feel to it. The matches have been very very split and at the end of their last match I wasn't even mad that Cena won. Throughout thebuild up we haven't just heard a lot form Cena we have seen a great deal. I will admit, he hasn't been in the ring as much as usual but I do think that's a good thing, it's allowed Owens to shine and take the spotlight more. Cena has however competed in some great matches and picked up some momentum. The big question for Cena is if he retains will be able to continue having a good title run and who would be next to challenge him. It seems like the best choice to drop the title to Kevin Owens.

I think this is a real hard match to call. There's no doubt that these guys are going to deliver and put
on yet another phenomenal match. They have set the bar really hard for themselves and we are all expecting a lot from them and I don't think they will disappoint what so ever. The ending of this match is a tough one to predict, it could literally go any way. I'm one hundred per cent backing Owens this Sunday and I do think he has a huge chance of walking away the new United States champion but at the same time there is a lot hold him back and stopping him from taking the title If he does loose to Cena I don't think it will effect him badly at all. He's someone who would be able to bounce back greatly but if the WWE have any sense they will start to create a new future on the main roster and prove a point. But that's what I think. Let me know what your predictions are for this and all the other matches on the Battleground card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts