RAW Predictions

Becky Lynch on RAW Last week
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it is the night after an epic Battleground pay per view. Honestly, in my opinion this was one of the best pay per views of the year so far! I wasn't expecting it to be half as good as it was and I was left very very impressed and actually speechless, witch hardly ever happens. I have already uploaded my Battleground Review and Reactions blog post, that went up earlier today. If you haven't read that yet it will be linked bellow right at the very end. Right, so onto today's second blog post and of course its the night after the night before witch means it's time for my Monday night RAW Predictions. I haven't actually been this excited to write a RAW Prediction post since the night after Wrestlemania! With so much going on last night and the road to Summer Slam kick started there is so much to talk about and get through. So I don't want to waste too much time, but I do have a couple of updates and reminders for you before we really get started. First up is NXT month, NXT month has now started on my blog. It started last week with my NXT Review and Reactions, witch will also be linked bellow. This week more posts in the series will be going up. Now, I have started pre posting but if there is a blog post in particular you would like to see in NXT season do let me know in the comments section. I will link bellow any recent blog post so you can stay all up to date. And finally, you can let me know what you thought of the Battleground pay per view and what your predictions are for tonight's RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After last nights epic Battleground pay per view we are left talking about several things that happened during the sure, but there is one part of the night that has gotten the entire WWE Universe talking. That of course is the return of the Undertaker. After a week of rumours that Taker would be making an appearance at Battleground we finally saw it happen in a way that I weirdly predicted earlier on in the night with my brother. Just as it looked like Lesnar was going to be closing in on a victory we saw the lights go out and one single dong. I still hate using that word. In that three second moment we all saw what was coming and everyone went pretty damn mental. I know I sure did mark out to say the very least. Targeting Lesnar, Taker made it clear what he wanted. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved this. It was one of y favourite moments of the night and of the entire year, my only problem was that I would have liked to have seen a longer main event. I felt like Rollins had a weak performance and the spotlight was taken off of him a lot. If the match was longer and Rollins showcased a heck of a lot more then I wouldn't be moaning at all but like I said this was an epic moment! It does make sense for Taker and Lesnar to start a new feud or reunite their old one. Lesnar did end the streak last year at Wrestlemania and after regained he's momentum and confidence this year at Mania it only made sense for him to target the man who took he's streak and going after him at a time witch means they will face each other at the second biggest pay per view of the ear. Now, Summer slam is around the corner. We are just five weeks away and so we can watch they hype for that really get started on tonight's show. There are so many rumoured matches witch if are true will slowly begin to take shape from tonight onwards. Of course the most obvious is the Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar. I have actually heard that the Undertaker is booked for tonight's show. I think it would be great if we saw him explain he's action in more detail tonight if he is at RAW. It would be awesome if we saw him wrestle a couple of matches here and there in the build up to Summer Slam. That way he could do some "catching up" and gain momentum along the way. But I'm not expecting if I'm being totally honest. I'd love to hear from Heyman tonight also. I'm not sure if we will see both Heyman and Taker at the same show. It seems like we may be asking for a bit much there. But it would be awesome. And I'm not sure if Lesnar will be at tonight's show. I do think that either way either Lesnar or Taker has to be at tonight's show. I really cannot wait to see the build up for their Summer Slam match really kick start.

As we have already started talking about last nights main event we might as well continue. Like I already said, I as disappointed with Seth Rollins performance and the fact that the spotlight was completely taken from him. Obviously I liked the change and it was a truly amazing moment but I would have been much much happier if we had seen a longer main event with Rollin getting more offence and a stronger performance and then we had the Taker moment. He just got completely lost in the main event and as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion you would expect better. Much better. I think building him up for a top main event Summer Slam match is going to be difficult after last night. The WWE are going to have to really put some work in and start creating a monster of a feud. We have seen so much from Rollins over the past year but now we are talking about main eventing Summer Slam, we need to start seeing so much better. Everything needs to be taken up a whole new level. He needs to start performing at even higher, the promos need to be stronger, and the WWE need to start booking him like an actual champion. I want to be just as if not more excited for he's main event at Summer Slam than I was for Battleground. They really do need to start booking him like a champion and making him come across a lot lot stronger. I swear if I see him compete in more pathetic main event tag team match I'm going to through something at my TV! Now, the rumoured match for Rollins at Summer Slam is a one on one against Triple H. I don't know how true that is but I would love to see it take place. I think it would be a great main event and a really good story. The only problem would be kick starting the story. I literally have no idea what the WWE are going to do with Rollins tonight and how they have him bounce back from last night. What I do know is it needs to be something really really strong. I personally would love to see the Authority force Rollins to prove himself even more because he didn't fully compete against Lesnar, if you understand what I'm saying. So maybe he has to take on three separate opponents. If we do get something like this I would love to see guys like Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, and Bad News Barrett take on the challenge. After the last match he could cut a promo saying how unfair it was and start claiming he is the very best and maybe the night could end with Triple H coming out and staring down Rollins. It will be interesting to see if Kane is back this week and what he will be doing. Will he be coming after the champ?

Right, let's move out our attention to the divas division and what a week it has been for the women of the WWE. The girls have had an amazing past week as the diva revolution has officially started. We saw the big change happen last week on RAW when Becky Lynch, Charlotte and NXT Women's champion Sasha Banks made their way to the roster. Last night we were treated to an amazing divas triple threat match! Honestly,this match was everything the WWE universe has been asking for when it comes to the divas division. It was fast paced, it was long, we saw the women do stuff in the ring that we haven't seen the main roster women do, it was exciting and the fans freaking loved it. I literally haven't hear a main roster divas match get that reaction from a live crowd before. It was truly amazing. Now, with the excitement slowly dying down it's about the division maintaining that momentum and keeping it a high. That means continuing the amazing segments, continuing the amazing matches. It's not difficult. All the WWE have to do is keep on doing what they are doing. Of course with the history of the divas division it's hard for the fans to trust the WWE to do the right thing but I'm going to try my very best to stay positive. Last night saw Sasha Banks, Brie Bella, and Charlotte compete in a great triple threat but there was one diva that the WWE universe were chanting for throughout this match and she wasn't even competing. That women was Becky Lynch. I don't know if we will get another triple threat tonight, witch I wouldn't mind seeing to be honest and it would make sense but I would much rather see a one on one match or maybe even a couple of diva matches. Is that asking for too much?  Maybe Becky Lynch VS Alicia Fox? I personally would love seeing Lynch go one on one with Naomi in a long lengthy match tonight. I do think the divas champion needs to compete tonight. She ignored the chance to compete in the triple threat so I do actually want to see her compete. I think it's pretty clear that thy are going to have Nikki become the longest reigning divas champion but I'd love to see Stephanie force Nikki to defend her championship tonight or maybe a champion VS Champion match. To be honest I only said that because I really want to see Sasha compete against. I think a promo from Nikki tonight would be a great addition to the show and current storyline. Hearing her reaction to the divas revolution would be great.

The match quality last night was insane and one match that didn't disappoint what so ever was Sheamus VS Orton. Kick starting the night the two put on one heck of a match. It was physical, it had character, it had a story, it was long, and the two had so much chemistry. I was really really impressed with this match. I will admit I was expecting Sheamus to pick up the win but like I said in my Review and Reactions post that I don't think he will be effected badly by the loss what so ever. I'm confident he will bounce back just fine. I'm not sure where he is going to go from here. I wouldn't mind seeing the feud continue for another month heading into Summer Slam. These two know how to put on phenomenal matches as we have already seen and if they do carry on feuding up until Summer Slam it would allow them enough time to build a much much stronger story and get everyone much more excited for their second match. I would like to see both men in action tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if Sheamus attacked Orton at some point. I'm convinced that they will continue feuding simply because there isn't really anything else for either of them. It makes more sense for them to continue feuding unless Sheamus starts going after someone like Dean Ambrose. Potential matches for these two tonight include either Sheamus VS Ambrose or Orton VS Rollins. I'd love to see Orton VS Rollins be the main event or take place some time tonight with Sheamus coming out and attacking Orton while at the same time making sure that Rollins knows he's Mr Money in the bank.

Another match that did not disappoint was Bray Wyatt VS Roman Reigns. This match was much much better than I was expecting it too be. I mentioned in my prediction post for this match that I felt like these two needed to put on a great match and that is exactly what the did. It was one of my favourites of the night and of the month and I had nothing but positive things to say about it. Both superstars had a phenomenal showing  putting on an amazing performance. I loved how the match ended with the return of Luke Harper. It seems now that the WWE are bringing back the Wyatt family. Now, Erick Rowan is out of action because of an injury so it will be a while until we see him back in action. I mentioned in a previous blog post that I don't think the timing was right for the split of the Wyatt family in the first place and I will link that blog post bellow so you can go and give that a read if you haven't already done so. I think the most obvious booking decision for tonight is Harper VS Reigns, even if the feud between Reigns and Wyatt continues. I wouldn't have a problem if the two carried on feuding and having another match at Summer Slam at all. If Harper does compete tonight I think its important he picks up the victory no matter what. Now, I have heard some rumours that Wyatt would be going one on one with Sting at Summer Slam witch to be honest I'm not convinced. I that is true then Reigns is going to slowly need to start building a new feud. Something that could be on the cards is a heel turn for Ambrose and a feud between those two. It does seem like the best next thing for Ambrose but with Owens now on the roster could we see Owens VS Ambrose? Now, I don't know about you but that is something I would pay good money to see.

Talking of Kevin Owens, what an epic match he and Cena had last night? Seriously, this was
Kevin Owens at last night's Battleground
probably the match of the night for me and they had a phenomenal performance. Its no secret that I was disappointed to not see Owens pick up the victory. I was one hundred percent convinced that Owens had this match won. It seemed like it made the most sense and was the right move to make. I honestly have no idea why that decision was made. I'm still a little annoyed about it to be honest. The only way this can be justified is if we get a triple threat at Summer Slam or a fatal four way for the championship. Either Cesaro, Owens, and Cena or Owens, Cesaro, Cena and Ambrose for the championship at Summer Slam. Now, that is one match I would freaking love to see too. If we are getting something along those lines then we can expect it to start taking shape tonight. I'm expecting to see Owens VS Cesaro tonight at some point. Now that Owens is an active member of the WWE main roster he can start really competing against more names. We all know that Cesaro and Owens can put on a great match. I wouldn't be surprised of Ambrose answers Cena's open challenge.
Other things to look out for tonight include Dolph Ziggler to return and start building up the hype for a one on one match between him and Rusev for Summer Slam or a mixed tag team match. And the tag team champs to get new competition.

WWE Battleground Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts