Battleground Predictions: Seth Rollins VS Brock Lesnar

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Last month the WWE gave us an amazing Money in the bank pay per view. It was jam packed of phenomenal matches, great story telling, and all round amazing entertainment but now it's time to look at the next chapter, as the road to Summer Slam begins and we starting with Battleground. That's right, this Sunday the WWE will present the third annual Battleground pay per view live from St. Louis, Missouri and what a show we have waiting for us. Our main event will see the self proclaimed future and present of the WWE, Seth Rollins defend he's WWE World Heavyweight championship against the beast, the man who ended the streak, and the man Rollins took the title from back at Wrestlemania, Brock Lesnar. This pay per view has had an insane build up and I cannot wait to really get into prediction week. Now, if you are new to my blog and you don't know about prediction week it's plain and simple; every day from Monday to Saturday I will be uploading prediction blog posts for every single match on the card, analysing every single little thing getting you already for Sunday's show. Then on Sunday I will be uploading my pictures to twitter of who I'm personally backing for each match and I will also be live tweeting throughout the entire show. On the Monday I will have my Review and Reactions post up for you all at eleven PM, UK time with my RAW Predictions following after later on in the day. With so much to get through in today's blog post I don't want to waste any time so I will give you my quick reminders and then we can jump right into everything.  I have already mentioned that I have pushed back NXT month again which I have hated doing but I've had no choice, there will be more on that later this month with more details. I will also have more information coming up with some new projects I'm working on. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts bellow including my Money in the bank review and reactions. Finally,you can let me know what your predictions are for this weekends pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After being forced by the Authority to prove himself one last time, this Sunday live on the WWE network, Seth Rollins will defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against the beast, Brock Lesnar at the two thousand and fifteen Battleground pay per view. Will the architect be able to knock off one of the most dominate forces in WWE history to retain he's championship? Or will we see gold back around the waist of former champion Brock Lesnar? This match has had a huge build up and in today's blog post I'm taking you through the action of the past five weeks and giving you my full predictions for the pay per view main event. So with loads to get through today so lets waste not time and jump straight into things...

Over the past three months or so I have made several comments about how disappointed I have been with the booking of Seth Rollins. For the past year the former Shield member has been one of the hottest talents around. Not only is he one of the most diverse and skilled in ring competitors but he continues to improve in all aspects including mic ability and character development on a weekly basis. You guys will remember that I even crowned our current champion as superstar of the year last in twenty fourteen. But since actually becoming champion, Rollins has found himself going down this not so great path and to be honest, he's not to blame at all. For some strange reason the WWE have been booking him terribly and he seems to have lost so many of the characteristics that we all loved to hate and that made him such a great superstar. We haven't seen the full blown barbaric, ruthless, aggressive, conniving Seth Rollins that we have all as fans loved seeing. The Seth Rollins that put he's former best friends head throw cinder blocks and broke the ribs of Brock Lesnar seems to be long gone and instead we have a champion who has spent months hiding behind the Authority and using he's privileges as an Authority member to keep hold of the title. He's booking has been beyond poor. In my opinion we haven't seen him compete enough at all and when we have seen him wrestle the matches haven't been strong enough, diverse enough, and the opponents haven't been good enough. There's no doubt that Rollins is an amazing talent, one of the best the company have right now but he has only just started to show the Seth Rollins we all like to see. Taking on Dean Ambrose last month at the Money in the bank pay per view was a huge turn around for him. I loved the idea of Seth wanting to prove he doesn't need the Authority's help to retain the title and take on Ambrose and it worked perfectly. He had a phenomenal title defence and a great build up, but with a much needed victory now out of the way he next faces he's toughest challenge yet in the biggest match of he's career so far when he taken on Brock Lesnar one on one for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. For an entire year now Rollins has been one of the most dominate heels in WWE today and has competed in several captivating, outstanding matches and feuds. This Sunday he takes on the beast in a match that will be a defying moment for the young star. It's really important that Rollins has another amazing match one that is even better than he's previous pay per view performance. What we need to see is him somehow top the memorable triple threat he competes in back in January at the Royal Rumble, witch is going to be seriously difficult considering that that was one of the greatest matches of the year so far. This time there is going to be no hiding what so ever and he really is going to be thrown right into the spotlight. He's going to have use he's speed, technicality and high flying background to get the upper hand in this match. I think this time around it's all about Rollins proving himself on a whole other level. He needs to prove that as a character he is worthy of being the WWE World Heavyweight champion and he also needs to prove to the WWE that he is capable of being a top talent in the company and continuing to have such high standard main events and that he deserves to be in that part of the roster. I do think that Lesnar is the perfect opponent for Rollins. He really is going to push him to a whole new level and I do think we are going to be able to see a side to Rollins we haven't seen in a while. This is a match that will either make or break the career of Rollins and I think we all need to take into account just how much this is cementing Rollins as an elite superstar on the roster. There is no doubt that this needs to be a match that defies the career of Seth. A match that is considered to be one of if not the greatest match of the year and one that prove Rollins to be one of the leading men in the future of the WWE.

No one can deny that the past three years have been truly outstanding for Brock Lesnar. He has feuded with the likes of John Cena, Big Show, Triple H, the Undertaker, and Roman Reigns. With a history and a line up like Lesnars Seth Rollins has a lot to live up to this weekend but what can Brock Lesnar expect? I don't think anyone can deny the fact that Lesnar is one of if not the most dominate force in the history of the WWE but there is not a chance in hell that we should be ruling Rollins out as the man to cleanly defeat Brock Lesnar. Back at the start of the year at the Royal Rumble pay per view we had one of the greatest triple threat matches I have ever seen when Brock Lesnar, John Cena, and Seth Rollins went toe to toe for the first time. What I loved about this match was Lesnar was really pushed to he's limits and that is what we can expect to see yet again this weekend. The diverse style of Rollins means that Lesnar is pushed to he's limits whenever these two are in the ring and he's almost going to be forced to pull out the best of he's move set and even some new stuff. We can really expect to see that this weekend when he goes one on one with Rollins. The storyline is perfect. I don't know about you but I am just loving baby face Lesnar. The timing for the face turn was so right and and so well done. Seeing Lesnar suspended and the actions that caused him to be suspended had me so entertained you would not believe. There's great chemistry and background/history between Lesnar and Rollins and I honestly just love the work that they do together. What I'm also loving is the interest and excitement that Brock brings to what is actually a rather boring, low key pay per view. I was expecting this match to take place at a bigger event like Summer Slam but Lesnar brings a whole new presence and feel to pay per view. He makes the show feel more important and prestiges. When Lesnar was suspended by Stephanie we all spent months waiting on he's return and questioning how he would be brought back and what they would do with him. When he did return he brought back that unpredictability, the excitement, and the fear to the roster. Lesnar is walking into this pay per view brining a whole new feel to it all and it's something that is going to change the way we see the pay per view completely.

I am actually really looking forward to this championship match up. I will be honest I was expecting it to be taking place at Summer Slam just because it is a much much bigger pay per view and it seemed like the more obvious choice but like I said, Lesnar being on the card does add a new feel to the whole pay per view and make things feel more important. When it comes down to actual predictions and who I think is walking away the winner I think this is a hard one to decide, it could easily go anyway. It's clearly a very very important night for Rollins. He really needs to prove himself and deliver to a standard we have never seen him to do. If he does manage to put on amazing performance, a performance that we all are unable to stop talking about then a loss should count for nothing (if it is that good) and Seth should easily remain a top talent. If Rollins does pick up the loss against Lesnar then it would be a great foundation for a Triple H/Seth Rollins feuding heading into Wrestlemania. The WWE could easily go down the storyline root of Rollins blaming the Authority for he's loss and demanding that Rollins was a better all round competitor than Hunter. The exact same story could happen if he does actually defeat Brock. He's huge win could be a kick in the face to the Authority and we could see Rollins boast about he's victory claiming he is better than Triple H leading to the boss challenging the champion for the title, the ultimate challenge. And with
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins
rumours of the Shield reuniting I have little dreams of Summer Slam being the big night we see that return. Or that could just remain a dream of mine but lets just let me dream for a while. There is a huge part of me that doubts Lesnar will be the victor come the end of Battleground just because I don't know if it would make sense or what they would do next with him as champion but an interesting angle and something we cannot forget is Sheamus. I've mentioned before that I would love to see a Sheamus/ Brock Lesnar feud and if Rollins does drop the title to Lesnar this Sunday then I'm almost certain we will see Sheamus cash in the money in the bank briefcase or at Summer Slam if there is a rematch. Regardless of the ending I do think we have a great main event ahead of us this weekend. This has been a great feud and something that has been in the making for a year. It's a match that will defy the career of Seth Rollins and with the Authority, Sheamus and Shield reuniting rumours, who knows what will be the ending of this Sundays Battleground pay per view?


So they are my predictions, let me know what yours are and who you are supporting this weekend by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts