Smackdown Review and Reactions

Dean Ambrose VS Bray Wyatt on Smackdown
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. It's time for my Smackdown  review and reactions and after another great show last night we have loads to get through as I take you back through all of last nights action commenting on ever single match, promo, segment and interview. Before we jump into this weeks Smackdown review I have a couple of reminders and up dates for you as per usual so let's jump right into those before we get into the actual blog post today. I'm going to start with NXT month. I have already mentioned that there has been a set back for NXT month and instead of it returning in July it's now going to be coming back in August, my birthday month. I really do wish that I didn't have to push it back again but I have been so busy recently with all the live shows and prediction posts that I have no time to pre post for NXT month. I would love to know what posts you would like to see in the season to let me know by leaving a comment bellow. I will also soon be brining you my updates and news surrounding my podcast and a couple of other new projects I'm working on. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts including this weeks RAW Review, last weeks tough enough review and reactions and  my Money in the bank review and reactions blog post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

This week saw Thursday night Smackdown open with an appearance from Seth Rollins and J&J Security, witch to be honest was to be expected anyway. Sporting a big big smile on he's face WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins cutting a promo celebrating he's recent attacks on Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, and Brock Lesnar. Personally I have been loving the idea of these big beat downs. It's a good way of making Rollins look strong and dominate as a champion even if he is using the Authority to help because in a way I think that benefits him even more. The group attacks make Rollins come across as a champion to fear and having the Authority on he's side makes him even more dangerous than he is when he stands alone witch he has proven he can do perfectly fine. It's helping push the Battleground championship match and even though I hated seeing Lesnar take a beat down it was a good move to make for the storyline and the build up. I thought the opening promo/segment was done really well to be honest. I didn't like the continuous ass licking from Rollins and the further advertising for the apple watch but we can forget all about that because I have anyway. I'm always talking about Rollins improving on the mic and he does just get better and better ad he showcased that last night. He has a very cocky, arrogant, comfortable character and he brings all that to the mic. He knows how to sell he's matches and himself perfectly. He knows how to get under the skin of the WWE universe and everyone around him and he genuinely comes across like a douche bag, but hey it's he's job and he's a very convincing heel. Towards the end of the promo Rollins announced that Kane had booked two big matches for the night, Ambrose VS Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns VS the world champ himself Seth Rollins. Then, just as things were getting painful with a boasting Rollins, Ambrose came to save the day coming down to the ring chasing away Rollins and J&J Security with a Kendo stick witch lead to Rollins ordering Ambrose VS Wyatt to start immediately. I liked the start of the show last night. Rollins opened things great and really got me excited for the up coming matches of the night. What I'm also loving is that even though Rollins is feuding with Lesnar at the moment we continue to see him rival with he's former Shield partners. There's still so much unfinished business between all three of them and its as though we are still waiting for something even bigger to go down between the three of them.

So, our first match of the night, Ambrose VS Wyatt. The eater of worlds VS The Lunatic Fringe. These guys have a great history in the ring and have had some great great matches in the past. Their two of the biggest characters in all of the WWE and that combined with their chemistry and amazing story telling means they put on phenomenal matches and keep me and everyone else very very entertained. I thought the booking made sense last night and was a good move to make. Ambrose isn't currently in a feud or storyline but he is still being booked very well so taking on someone like Wyatt is great for him. As for Bray, he's in a great storyline with Roman Reigns right now but as I have been saying all week long we need to see more of him actually wrestle because cutting amazing promos all the time isn't going to be enough. I'm a huge Bray Wyatt and I want to see him actually compete and so going one on one with Ambrose was perfect booking in my opinion. It was a really great way for him to gain a great deal of momentum, get everyone talking, and fit in a great match in the process. So to be fair this was a win win situation for both superstars. This match was just fantastic. A really great way to open the show. It was very fast paced throughout, literally from the very start right through to the very end. They worked exceptionally well together in a match that flowed and was all round really well put together. I also actually liked the commentary for this match. Tom, Jimmy Uso, and Jerry did a great job calling the action and hyping the current feud between Bray and Roman and I liked Jimmy's personal input also. However, what I loved the most about this match was how basic it was and the ending. It was a simple clean ending. There was no outside interference, no wrong decisions, nothing. The closing moments all came together well and it was so nice seeing a match just end cleanly. Wyatt pinning Ambrose was exactly what he needed. It was that big win that I have been saying I want him to see all week long and I'm so glad he got it. It was a great match and Wyatt picked up a great deal of momentum while Ambrose got a great match also.

The most stupid moment of the night was up next when "King What's up" R-truth took on Adam Rose in the shortest match of the night. I've never been a fan of R-truth if I'm being totally honest. Don't get me wrong he's very entertaining. Very funny and knows how to entertain us all, he's being doing it for years and he's great at it but I just have no interest in what he's doing right now. This whole King gimmick thing and basically taking the piss out of Barrett just isn't doing it for me at all. It doesn't have any kind of serious direction what so ever and I have no idea if he is even still working with Barrett on this but I really do hope he isn't. As for Adam Rose I really feel for this guy. He's such a great talent with such a great story to tell I think it's such a shame the WWE continue to waste he's talents and do next to nothing with him. We all do have a strong deal of respect for him because of he's story and because of how great of a wrestler and character he is we all want the best for him but he just doesn't get the treatment he deserves. It was nice to see him have a good little match on NXT last month against Tyler Breeze and if I'm being honest I think it's best he stays doing work down there, I also hate he's pairing with Rosa Mendes, why that women is still employed I have no idea. Anyway, back to the match last night and like I said it was very very short lived. It was entertaining and it had a lot of character but the wrestling was weak and there was no story being told. There was next to meaning behind the match and I personally didn't enjoy it at all.

There was then a really confusing promo from Mark Henry who spoke about the disrespect showing to him and the Big Show by Ryback witch I didn't get at all. I never understand what the WWE are doing with Mark Henry. One minuet he's a heel the next he's a baby face, the next he's not even there, I don't know but over the past couple of weeks we have actually gotten a little story between him Ryback and the Big Show and I think it was a great way to help push the IC championship feud and it was a great little build up the match we got last night. It was one of the matches of the night that actually had a story behind it and actual meaning. I'll be honest I'm not really a fan of "big guy VS Big guy" matches but I did really enjoy their Wrestlemania twenty nine match and with the story this match I knew I would enjoy it more than usual. It wasn't a bad match at all. Like I predicted it was easy to get into and it was a good part of the show in my books. Henry dominated most of the action with Ryback getting little offence but when he did he really shined and we got a couple of flashbacks from their Wrestlemania fight witch was great. Despite the tough challenge Ryback did a great job holding he's own and fought like a true champion, in the end picking up another big win. I've actually started to really enjoy the storyline for the IC championship and the title match at Battleground. The WWE have managed to put on a good story and the superstars involved have done a great job getting everyone excited for the match. I have gotten so much respect for Ryback over recent months and I think slowly this feud is bringing out the best in him both in the ring and on the mic. I would advice you all to go check out he's sit down interview with Cole on WWE.com because it was amazing.

Brie Bella was in action next as she took on Naomi in one on one action. Of course the booking made sense after what happened last week on Smackdown because of the fact that Naomi isn't team Bella, Alicia and Brie got a pretty big pop from the crowd as they came down to the ring as the match ended despite being heels. You guys know I'm not really a big fan of the current divas storyline but I tried not to think too much about that last night and was hopeing for a decent divas match despite not expecting much. Nikki Bella and Tamina were not a ringside for this one because they were both n the road for the Japan show this weekend. The match itself wasn't all that bad to be honest and I was surprised with just how much I got into it. It was actually a really well out together, physical match with a great story behind it. Once again great commentary throughout witch made things even better. I liked the role Alicia played with her distractions. It kept the story strong and I thought it was actually a great divas match. A decent length and I did enjoy it. Brie Bella picked up the win after a slight interference from Fox as the Team Bella stayed on top.

The WWE Tag Team champions, the Prime Time Players were in action next  as they took on The Ascension. To be fair we have actually got a couple of great tag team matches between these two teams and the whole world knows that I love both teams so I was looking forward to this one. Of course it was a predicable match, the Prime Time Players have a tag team title defence match against the New Day in a couple of weeks time and so they were looking for some momentum and a big win under the belt before Battleground. I do still remain positive for the Ascension. I don't doubt for a second that they will be tag team champions in the future it's just about waiting for the right time for them. The match was decent, nothing special but I did get into it and I did enjoy it a lot. There was great team work from both teams throughout the match. I love how well The Ascension work together throughout a match. They had a good showing but in the end it was the tag team champs who picked up the win.

Rusev and Summer Rae cut a promo next where Summer apologised for stooping to Lana's level this past week on RAW. We all know this is leading up to Lana's in ring debut witch I'm looking forward too but I just don't like seeing Summer being used to stand next to superstars and to help push other divas. She's worth so much more and I hope in the future she gets time to shine on her own in the ring and get a shot at the divas championship. She's a great character and good in ring performer. Rusev last night basically slagged Lana off throughout he's whole time on the mic and managed to insult and compliment Summer Rae massively in the space of only one minuet. I am liking this little storyline and I thought it was a good move in the storyline last night and a good part of the night. By the way, Rusev has a really dark idea of what he would like to do with Dolph Ziggler...

Finally, our main event, and after not hearing from him all night Roman Reigns made an appearance coming ready to take on WWE World Heavyweight champion, Seth Rollins. Like I said earlier on in the blog post, I thought this was great booking. These guys have so much history, so much chemistry and Rollins always brings out the very best in Reigns.  There was a good build up for the match throughout the night witch was great and really got everyone excited for the match. Even I was looking forward to the match witch I didn't see coming at all. At the start of the match Reigns came all guns blazing looking to get some payback however the numbers game soon caught up with him and Rollins found himself back in control of the action as the match began. We saw the injuries Reigns had sustained this past week on RAW come into play last night throughout the match witch gave the match another good story to go on. Once again it really showed us all just how dangerous of a champion Seth Rollins is. Rollins did spend a lot of time in control of the match but Reigns didn't look weak what so ever and really did come back fighting. Throughout the match we saw J&J
Alicia Fox and Brie Bella on Smackdown
Security work as great distraction and changed the feel of the match and in the end the match ended in DQ after they got too involved coming into the ring and attacking Roman Reigns. As things looked to be a repeat of what we got this past week on RAW, Ambrose was coming back down to the ring once again with Kendo sticks in he's hands. Unlike RAW, we saw Reigns and Ambrose clear the ring and left the last men standing in the ring. Joey Mercury took the worse of this beat down as Seth Rollins watched on. This as a huge symbolic part of the night. Rollins proved that he doesn't care about J&J Security what so ever and when times get tough and things don't go he's way he will not be willing to stand by their side. Reigns and Ambrose also proved they were far from defeated and that the war between the former Shield brothers was not over just yet.

I actually really enjoyed last night's Smackdown. I thought we got some great matches from the start and throughout. Really good story telling also and I found myself really into the show witch rarely happens. I'd rate the show an eight out ten but that's what I think, let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts