Tough Enough Review and Reactions: Week 5

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's week five of Tough Enough and the competition is only getting harder. This week saw the most dramatic and entertaining show if the season so far witch means there is loads to review in today's blog post. With one more contestant out of the competition and a big week over and done with, things are starting to get serious for the eight remaining contestants. I mentioned in last weeks review and reaction that I'm going to be keeping everything the way it is in these posts so the format will not be changing just because I think it works best and you guys seem to like it just the way it is. I want to let you guys know that I'm really really enjoying doing these blog post and watching the show. They are currently my favourite blog post to write and I'm so glad you guys have been enjoying them too.  Before I get into the blog post I have a couple of reminders and up dates for you. You will all know by now that my predictions for the pay per view have already started being uploaded with the first going up earlier on today. I will make sure to link that bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. Throughout the week right up until Saturday I will be uploading those prediction posts and then on Sunday I will be live tweeting throughout Battleground. This week NXT month will start and run all the way through until the middle of August. I mentioned last week that because of the fact we have NXT Takeover and Summer Slam one day after the other it would mean I would of had no time to upload all the NXT blog post for the series I would of likes to and I didn't want to push it back another month, so the first post will be up sometime this week and NXT Review and Reactions post will be up every week from this week as well. I will link bellow and recent blog post including last weeks RAW Predictions and Review and Reactions. Finally,you can let me know what you thought of this weeks Tough Enough by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Let's first take a look at the challenges this week and the first saw Natalya come down and help out the contestants in what was by far the most difficult challenge to date. Testing their strength and cardio the nine contestants had to take on one monster of an obstacle course. I already picked Tanner as the early winner for this weeks challenge. he thrives in these type of challenges. Challenges that test stamina and you know what, he really did not disappoint. He steamed right ahead of everyone else. He went straight in at first place and stayed right at the front throughout the entire obstacle. He literally made it look like the easiest thing in the world. He graced that challenge with so much ease and it came to him so naturally. After a bad couple of weeks this was exactly what Tanner needed to do to bounce back and he did it perfectly. What I also liked was how well Tanner came across in the challenge. He did make some comments to Patrick while doing the course but when he had finished he did go back and help him out and everyone else witch I thought was amazing. For the girls Georgia was yet again the stand out. She was the winner for the girls and really worked her butt of in the challenge. She didn't give up, she kept going and after she completed it she too went back to help out Amanda and she was such a great sport and really pushed Amanda. Chelsea maintained a lot of fight and determination throughout the challenge which I really liked but she did end up suffering an injury that threw her back a lot this week. The weak links for this challenge were Patrick and Amanda. They really did struggle with this challenge a heck of a lot. I was disappointed with Josh and he's all round performance this week. I thought he was weak in this challenge and I didn't feel he's fight, the same for Mada but I felt more fight from him. It was a much much better showing for Sara Lee. I was so impressed with her in this challenge. ZZ however was the man who defiantly struggled the most. He was really trailing behind. I do think that five weeks in he should be in much much better physical condition and I'm honestly running out of excuses. I love the guy but it's not enough any more. This is Tough Enough and he just isn't that. The second challenge saw the competitors back in the ring and this time they were putting together all the moves they had been taught so far. However, in this challenge, with the theme of the week being huminity the contestants were paired up and the loser would have take to do squats and take demands from the winner. I really liked this challenge and it did separate the best from the best. Hands down the stand out was Mada. He was honestly amazing in this weeks challenge. He continues to get better and better every single week. Josh was another stand out for me. I didn't really have a stand out when it came to the girls. They all kind of came across a little...awkward. Of course their not going to become divas over night but none of them left me impressed and I was really disappointed. I think if Chelsea was able to compete she would of walked this challenge.

When it comes to drama's this week there was a lot that went down. We saw tensions between both the girls and the guys this week. First up the ladies, and there was a clear division amongst the four girls. We have the bikini models, Amanda and Georgia and the "real" girls, Chelsea and Sara Lee. I have to admit, even though I do like Georgia I did have a change of opinion on her this week and I am one hundred per cent team "real" girls. I do like the friendship between Chelsea and Sara Lee. I do think out of the girls they are the ones that are here for the right reasons and show the most passion. After all, being a WWE diva is about more than having a pretty face. Chelsea's injury did cause a lot of bitching. With the girls talking about it none stop and then Sara Lee slipping out that Chelsea had been told to keep away from physical activity for a month. This then of course led to Georgia telling the coaches and it all blew up. I honestly don't think Sara told Amanda and Georgia to cause trouble at all. I do think it was just a little slip up. I was however, really glad to see Sara get angry and stand up for herself. She didn't any shit last night and she let her voice be heard. I literally was clapping at my TV cheering her on like it was Jerry fucking Springer. As for the guys, we saw ZZ take some tough love. The boys thought it was about time to tell ZZ how it is and to be honest I did agree with them. It's week five and for ZZ to be this bad still, there's just no excuses. Patrick however did cross the line. All of the other guys where trying to just talk to ZZ nicely and give him some simple tough love while Patrick wanted to start shouting and making some real harsh comments. Now, I get where Patrick was coming from but the theme of this week really was about Patrick and he's arrogance. Being at the top seriously went to he's head. We had ZZ and Lita call him out on it but he just didn't want to listen and it's a real shame.

Now let's take a look at each contestants all round performance this week.
Patrick and the elimination 
I'm going to start this week singles look at's by talking about the contestant leave the competition and this week it was the end of the road for Patrick in the most shocking elimination yet. I'll be honest with you, I was mega pissed off to see Patrick go home last night. He was by far the most passionate and most experienced one in the entire competition. You could tell he wanted it so badly and how much it meant to him but in the end it worked against him. He was coming across like a real douche bag. The constant yelling, the arrogance,the cocky attitude, the patronising conversations, it all contributed to him being in the bottom three and ultimately leaving. He was my winner and I'm so sad to see him go but I'm going to stay positive. Both Ryback and Miz didn't win Tough Enough and they have gone on to have great careers in the WWE. Patrick is only nineteen and he's everything the company want in a WWE superstar so I do think he will be just fine.

Mada and Sara Lee
Hands down, the stand out this week was Mada. I started out not the biggest fan of Mada. I didn't see anything special in him and I didn't see where he would go in the competition and in the WWE. But he is the one contestant who just gets better and better every single week. Because he didn't start right at the top it has given him time and space to grow and show improvements. He's taking advantage of everything and putting he's all into every single challenge. He's the one person who honestly knows himself as a character. He knows how Mada the character should act, walk, talk, wrestle, cut promos and so on. He's the most coach-able by far. He had a great week this week. He shined in the in ring challenge once again. He's very quickly become a favourite of mine and I'm really excited to watch him grow. I also liked the tough love he gave ZZ this week. I wanted to put Sara Lee in the same category  this week as Mada because she too made some improvements. She is getting better week after week. Like I said in my review last week, the thing with Sara Lee is she needs to be pushed. She needs to really pushed to her limits to show the best in herself and this weeks he shined in the first challenge. I really hope she can keep it up in the next week because she's still my pick to win for the girls. It was nice not to see her in the bottom three.

Chelsea
I never ever thought I would be saying this but I really do like Chelsea. You would have seen in last weeks blog post that I went on one big rant about how angry I was about Chelsea coming into the competition and how I was not a supporter of hers. However, I have completely changed my attitude this week. She has really turnt things around over the past seven days. I honestly admire her strength and passion. You can tell that she wants this and she will do anything to make it. She has that fight and determination in her that I haven't seen from any other women in this season. She may have struggled in the first challenge and her injury did set her back but this girl is a fighter and she's here to win it and I love that about her. I never thought I would be a Chelsea supporter but her attitude is great. I love her alliance with Sara Lee. I think there the most real girls in the competition and I think Chelsea really brings out the best in Sara Lee.What I'm hopeing is Chelsea bounces back real strong next week and gets back on the top because like I said I do believe that if she wasn't injured she would of walked the second challenge this week.

Josh and ZZ
I'm not sure what to say about Josh to be honest. He's working at a very average pace right now. He's not doing anything special but at the same time he's not the worse. I will admit I'm not a fan of he's. I was at the start but things changed a lot in the second week for some reason. I think the problem with him is I don't see the passion. I don't see the WWE superstar in Josh the Yeti like I do Mada. With Mada I look at him and  I see a WWE superstar, I don't get that Josh. He was weak in the first challenge this week yet again and he worked at an average level in the second challenge. I understand why he was put in the bottom three this week even though I don't think he should of been there. In my opinion Amanda should have been in he's place but when it comes down to who he was in the bottom three with I would have voted him out if I'm being honest. Next week he needs to turn things around. He's someone that despite he's size fades into the background and becomes apart of the furniture. I want to see him step it up next week otherwise he has to go. ZZ next and you guys know I love ZZ. He's one of my favourites and he has been from day one. He has something real special and the fans love him but he aint cutting it right now. It's week five and to be slacking this much is just not good at all. By now he should be much much better and I'm not impressed. I do think it's time for people to start being tougher on him. However, he isn't going nowhere. The WWE universe love him but I am getting harsher on him and I just want him to start getting better. He had me yelling a my laptop last night like I was a coach! He too really needs to step it up this week.

Amanda and Georgia
I have to put Amanda and Georgia in the same category this week because I'm going to be honest, they pissed me off big time! I'm a fan of Georgia. She's been my favourite to win since week two and I have never had a bad word to say about her until now. Teaming up with Amanda was the worse thing she could have done. Somehow, Amanda has brought out the worst in Georgia and I hate that. Georgia tries to come across sweet and innocent and it's been working but I think she did show her true colours in this weeks episode. She spent most of the show moaning about Chelsea and slagging her off to then at the second challenge give the most fake speech I have heard in my life, saying how sorry she was for Chelsea. She seriously looked so fake and we all knew that what she was saying was a load of crap. I don't like the sweet act she tried to play and it's fading the more she's around Amanda. The difference with these two is that Georgia continues to take control of the challenges and beat everyone. Amanda on the other hand should of easily been the one to go this week. I have no idea why she wasn't put in the bottom three. She was weak in both challenges and she came across extremely bad. I was seriously convinced she would be put in the bottom three and would be leaving. She's currently the girl I dislike the most. If she wants to stick around next week she's going to have to really up her game in the challenges and maybe ditch the mean girl, bitch attitude because I ain't feeling it.

Tanner
And finally, Tanner. A great week for Tanner this week. I have nothing but good things to say about him. I think being in the bottom three was a big wake up call for him. He didn't start arguments with anyone, he didn't come across cocky or arrogant what so ever and he had me rooting for him all the way. He did make some comments to Patrick during the challenge but it was to be expected and it wasn't anything too harsh what so ever. What I really loved however was how he went back and
helped everyone else out after he finished the first challenge. We honestly saw the very best of him in this week and I really liked that. He gave ZZ some tough love but not in the mean way Patrick did. With Patrick out of the competition, Tanner is now my favourite to win. What I hope though is that now he is gone we don't see the old cocky,arrogant Tanner back because I would seriously hate that. He needs to stay where he is right now because he could turn things around for himself for the best now.

I thought this was a great week. We got a couple of surprises witch where good. I do one hundred per cent think the wrong person left. Amanda should by far have been the one to leave but what do you think? Let me know who you think should have left Tough Enough in week five and what you thought of the entire show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

RAW Review and Reactions
Battleground Review and Reactions
Tough Enough Review and Reactions Week 4

Comments

Popular Posts