Smackdown Review and Reactions

Seth Rollins VS Cesaro in the Main Event
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's Friday and I'm back today with this weeks Smackdown Review and Reactions. You would have seen that last week I didn't upload a Smackdown review because I was super busy and I didn't feel too well, but I'm back this week and I'm going to be taking you through every single match, promo, and segment that took place during last nights show and telling you what I thought of everything.There is a lot to get through in today's blog post so I don't want to waste too much time but before we get into everything I have a couple of updates and reminders for you. I just want to let you guys know that because it's NXT month on my blog right now and will be until towards the end of August there may be a couple of weeks that I don't upload a Smackdown Review and Reactions blog post but I will be uploading an NXT Review and Reactions blog post every single week throughout the season as part of NXT month. Talking of NXT month I haven't yet uploaded a full big blog post for the season just yet but I have uploaded to Reviews. I have decided that I will upload the first proper post either later today or tomorrow. The post will be my top five TNA stars that will be a great addition to NXT. It was the first one that I wrote and I cannot wait to get it uploaded for you to read. I will link bellow any recent blog post including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions and my Battleground Review and Reactions post. You can let me know what you thought of this weeks Thursday night Smackdown by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This weeks episode of Smackdown kick stared with a promo from the lunatic fringe, Dean Ambrose witch was a nice little surprise. In my opinion I don't think we get nowhere near enough promo and mic work from Dean Ambrose. He's one of the strongest speakers on the entire roster and I'd love to see some more darker promos and mic work from him. I think once he has a heel turn he's going to be blowing us all away with some killer promos. Before I get talking about what I thought of the opening of last nights show I wanna have a chat with you about Dean Ambrose. Everyone and their mother knows that I'm a huge Dean Ambrose fan. I own nearly all of he's t-shirts, I talk about him all the time to everyone and I have been backing him since way before he came to the WWE, so just like everyone else I am disappointed with the booking he's been getting recently. I was one hundred per cent fine with him having a more laid back month. He spent a lot of time feuding with Seth Rollins and chasing after the WWE World Heavyweight Championship so spending a thew weeks with calmer booking and taking a seat back was fine with me but I really hope that the WWE have big things planned for him in the near future. I do believe that the WWE know what they have in Dean Ambrose and because of how good he is in the ring, on the mic, and how popular he is with the WWE universe they won't do anything stupid with him so I think it's safe to just stay positive, because there is no way that the WWE will let him down. I have read  some rumours that were saying the original plans for Ambrose were for him to team up with Roman Reigns and Sting to take on the Wyatt family but after Rowan got injured things were changed. But I have heard they are trying to sort something out. I do think it would be a strong booking decision for both Ambrose and Reigns and even Harper and Wyatt so I hope they are able to sort something out.

The first match of night saw Ambrose go one on one with Sheamus. I think the booking made sense I suppose. I don't mind seeing Ambrose and Sheamus, aka two of the most attractive men in the WWE go one on one. They have a decent amount of chemistry, they work well together and have put on some pretty decent matches in the past. I do want to see more from Sheamus in the next couple of weeks or so leading up to Summer Slam. After all he is Mr Money in the bank and I would really like it if he started being booked like it. I am really enjoying him work as a top heel. He makes a great bad guy. Really convincing and he's giving us so much character and charisma whenever he is on screen. Before the match started Sheamus took it upon himself to cut a little promo. He did a good job but he seriously needs to watch what he says becomes sometimes I'm listening to him and I'm just thinking, wow this guy sounds borderline insane. So he just needs to reign it in a little. Ambrose did have a little smart come back to get under the skin of Sheamus before they started wrestling witch was a nice little touch. We saw the early stages of the match dominated by Dean Ambrose. He controlled the pace of the match and really took it to Sheamus. Straight away this became a very physical match with a lot of the action both inside and outside of the ring. One thing that both superstars really brought to this match from the very start right to the very end was character. Their both huge huge characters and we saw them bring so much of it to this match. We had crazy Ambrose being crazy Ambrose and we had Sheamus bring that old school tough guy feel. I'm seriously loving both characters and together they just work perfectly. I felt like both superstars had a good showing. I really really enjoyed the match. It was full of character and was very very physical. They told a good, strong story throughout the match and I found it to easy to get into. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the match half as much as I did and I thought it was a great way to open the show. The closing moments of the match saw Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper cause the distraction allowing Sheamus to pick up a much need big win over Ambrose. I know there are going to be a lot of people moaning about how this match ended and what ever but you know what, I really liked it. I love seeing Wyatt and Harper work together again. They have so much chemistry and bring so much to a storyline. I love where the WWE are going with the current work with them and Ambrose and Reigns. I actually had a little thought during the closing moments and realised that if they don't have Rowan back in time for Summer Slam then I actually think Sheamus would be a great addition. Hear me out before you judge. I think when it comes to character and what we have seen with he's booking recently it would actually work. But I'm not going to go getting my hopes up any time soon.

Adrian Neville then had a backstage interview with JoJo where he spoke about he's on going feud with Stardust and we actually saw Stardust appear and rock that haunting, odd laugh. I actually am seriously loving this feud. I know there are going to be so many of you sitting and reading this thinking I have gone insane but I'm not even going to lie about it, I'm loving this. I'm a huge comic book fan. I have been since I was a kid and I still am to this day and so this storyline is gripping me and grabbing my attention so badly. I think it's different, it's entertaining and it connects with so many member's of the WWE universe. It's something the kids and the adults can enjoy and I just think this is a great storyline and for once I'm actually supporting an idea from the WWE Creative team that's divided opinion. If we are going on rumours then this feud is probably leading to a Summer Slam triple threat between Neville, Stardust, and Arrow actor and star Stephen Amell or if the WWE go continue the storyline between Neville and Stardust and have the villain defeat the hero that's when they could introduce Amell and he's arrow character. Now, like I said, I'm a huge comic book fan and this just satisfies all my needs in the world. I seriously love for this to happen! It would be one match I would seriously look forward to and enjoy so I am hopeing it gets booked. I don't usually like seeing celebrities wrestle but Amell has a great athletic body and would be pretty convincing in the ring. If we don't get that I'm still down for Neville VS Stardust at Summer Slam. Right, back to last night and Neville went one on one with Adam Rose. It was nice seeing Adam Rose out without Rosa Mendes. Hopefully the WWE have dropped that awkward thing they had.I would really like to see both these superstars booked stronger. I have already said that I'm loving what Neville is doing right now but I would really like it if he was booked stronger later on in the year, taking on some of the bigger names and main eventing. As for Adam Rose I do think he is worth so much more than what he is getting but the reality of it is that there isn't anything strong for him right now and that does come down to a character thing. The match was fast paced and mainly dominated by Neville. It flowed well and had a good reaction from the crowd. After Neville got the win Stardust cut an odd promo pushing their feud more.

After that we heard from King Barrett/Bad News Barrett. I don't know what we are suppose to be calling him at the moment. I really do feel for Barrett. I moan about he's booking pretty much every single day. Whether if it is on twitter of here on my blog. It just makes me so so mad that a superstar who has it all; a good body, strong connection with the crowed, strong wrestling ability, amazing mic work talent, and a great character get booked and treated so badly! Like I said last week and in this weeks RAW Review and Reactions I have a big blog post coming up where I speak about Barrett in full detail. He's promo last night focused around him letting everyone know that he is someone not to be knocked. He boasted about winning the two thousand and fifteen King of the ring and what happened at Battleground this past Sunday. It was a great promo. Really well done by Barrett. He gave us all a warning to watch out for him and I hope that the WWE have some bigger things planned for him soon because he damn well deserves it.

Former NXT Champion Kevin Owens was in action next when he went one on one with Rusev. After their triple threat match and what happened on RAW this past week when Owens attacked Rusev and left him to compete on he's own against three top superstars of course the booking made sense. I was really looking forward to this match. These guys are two very very talented superstars. They work so so well together. They have great chemistry in the ring and their styles in the ring just work perfectly together. Now, before I get talking about the match I need to go on another little rant. Over the past couple of days I have read a couple of articles that claim the WWE officials are split in opinion when it comes to Owens and there are some that are doubting him. When I first read this I legit wanted to throw something at my lap top. Anyone who thinks Owens hasn't got what it takes or should be doubted should not be working in the wrestling business. Plain and simple. I'm still one of those fans that are pretty damn pissed off at the fact he didn't defeat Cena for the United States Championship at Battleground this past Sunday. What I'm hopeing is they keep him on a high and have some big bookings around the corner or I'm going on one big rant and giving up. Anyway, mini rant over, let's look at the actual match last night. Before the actual match Owens cut a promo witch I thought was a great addition. He's cut some killer promos since coming to the WWE. He's easily one of the strongest mic workers in all of the WWE. He's such a convincing heel and I don't doubt for a second that he is easily the best heel in the WWE right now. He proves that every single night. He's promo was amazing last night. I honestly enjoyed it way too much. The actual match was actually really good. I don't have a bad word to say about it. I don't know if it was because I was in a good mood or because these two are two of my favourite superstars but I really enjoyed it. I liked how it ended with Owens walking out. It was classic Owens and was a clever way of ending it. Rusev got the victory but Owens didn't look week. The match was a great showcase of strength from both superstars. We then had a backstage interview with Cesaro witch I really liked. I hope you guys have watched he's interview with Michael Cole this week because it was amazing. Like really really good. Owens interrupted the interview last night. The chemistry between these two is insane. I love what is going on between those two. The little work between them last night was bloody amazing!

Divas action next and as announced on RAW this past week Brie Bella and the divas champion Nikki Bella took on Naomi and NXT Women's champion, Sasha Banks. Earlier on in in the night we got a great video package of Sasha Banks. She has had such an amazing past month and is just owning it right now. The division as a whole it just owning it at the moment. The diva revolution is taking over the WWE and I'm so so proud of every single diva in the WWE right now. It's a great time to be a women in the WWE. Brie Bella has been sticking out more than anyone for me recently. She is the one most benefiting from the diva revolution. The longer matches and stronger competition are allowing her to shine so much in the ring right now and she is pulling out stuff I never ever knew she was capable of. It was great seeing the divas get two strong matches on RAW this week and it feels so good to finally be interested and look forward to main roster diva matches. I really really really liked this match. It was so so so good. Once again I have nothing bad to say about it what so ever. The divas actually had one of if not the longest match of the night witch is just amazing. Every single diva was on point. Naomi and Nikki in particular. It was such a strong match and so different to what we are used to it. It was well put together, it flowed well, it was fast paced and there was so much going on. The fans really got into the match and in the end the divas champion picked a much needed win when she pinned Naomi. It was great seeing Tamina play more of a role as well last night. I do think we need to start seeing more of her but apart from that I loved this match. One of my favourite diva matches of the month.

And finally, our main event, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins went one on one with Cesaro. There isn't enough words in the world to describe to you just how happy I was to see Cesaro in the main event. He's booking this month has been so strong and it's about time he stated getting this treatment. He more than deserves to be in the spotlight competing against the biggest names including the champ. The thought of these two going one on one left me mind blown because they are just two of the strongest wrestlers in the WWE with the most diverse and interesting move set. You just know that they are going to put on a great match and steal the show. I would of liked it if they had longer in the ring but the fact Cesaro was main eventing in the first place was amazing to
Team Bella VS Team Bad
me. It was so refreshing seeing something different in the main event. I've been so bored of the same Smackdown main events week after week and so it was great getting something different for a change. This was a really really strong main event. They didn't have much chemistry but they both worked so well together and put one amazing main event. There were some truly awesome spots in this match and I just thought it was great. One of my favourites of the month actually. I didn't mind Rollins picking up the win he one hundred per cent needed it and I wasn't expecting Cesaro to get the win any way but he's performance was more than enough. After the match Owens came down to the ring and took it to Cesaro. I thought it was a good way to close the show. I really like were the WWE are going with this feud. They have so much chemistry and are just owning it right now.

I really really liked this weeks Smackdown. It was the fist Smackdown in a while that I really enjoyed. I thought the booking was really strong and made sense. The matches were great, the promos were good and the story development we got was awesome. It was so good seeing something different. It wasn't the same boring booking and so that's why it was such a great show. Let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts