NXT Takeover Dallas Predictions: Austin Aries VS Baron Corbin

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! On Friday the first of April NXT will Takeover Dallas just two days before the biggest Wrestling event of the year, Wrestlemania. With the card looking as strong as ever with the likes of Bayley, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Shinsuke Nakamura and many more set to perform on Friday the event will kick start Wrestlemania weekend and possible result in being the best Takeover to date. Throughout March I will be uploading my predictions posts for every single match set on the card. Usually this would be featured in a prediction week but with Wrestlemania also taking place and Review and Reaction posts to upload there would have been no time so we are changing things up a little this time round. Talking of Reviews I have decided that I will not be uploading a Wrestlemania review the night after just because I want to be able to enjoy the show and its going to be a long weekend for us British fans. If you would still like to read a Review on Mania later on in the week then let me know and I will write one for the Saturday of that week. I'm currently not sure if I'm going to be writing a Review for NXT Takeover Dallas.  As always I will link bellow any recent blog posts including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for NXT Takeover Dallas and Wrestlemania are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After he's arrival in NXT was ruined by an angry Baron Corbin, the "greatest man that ever lived" will face off against the lone wolf one on one on Friday the first of April as Austin Aries and Baron Corbin set to meet for the first time in the middle of the squared ring. But witch of these superstars will come out the victor? Will new comer and indie darling Austin Aries walk out of Dallas with a clean victory over one of the most powerful men in NXT? Or will the lone wolf himself pick up another shock win putting to rest one of the biggest free agents in pro wrestling?

The lone wolf has been furious since he's loss in a huge triple threat main event against Sami Zayn and Samoa Joe that saw him tap out to both superstars at the same time. After general manager William Regal refused to give him a second shot at earning the right to be number one contender Corbin promised Regal that he would regret his decision. Keeping good to he's promise, several weeks later Baron ambushed Austin Aries during he's huge NXT arrival sending a big message to William Regal, Austin Aries, and the NXT Universe. Since he's feud with Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin has made it no secret that he is not a fan of indie talents coming to NXT and making a name for themselves. After working he's butt off to make it and waiting longer than he wanted and expected to make it big in the WWE/NXT he doesn't feel as though it is right or fair that these big names outside of the WWE cane come into the company and get special treatment to the top. He has previously shared he's disliking for the likes of Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn, Apollo Crews, and current NXT Champion, Finn Balor, all having years of experience prior to coming to the WWE and NXT. Austin Aries is another name to add to the list and on Friday the first of April the lone wolf sets to teach Aries a lesson and send an even greater message to William Regal as he looks to punish another indie darling.

Over the past year Baron Corbin has done a great job improving in all the areas needed. I have spoken about him a billion times before here on my blog over the past twelve months so you guys all know how much of a massive fan I am of he's but fan or not I don't think there is a single person that can deny the improvements he has made. I know there are plenty of people who really don't like Corbin and we all know he has taken some serious stick from fans throughout the past year. He has been outed for he's poor mic skills and questioning charisma and wrestling ability but he has taken all criticism well and has worked on improving in every aspect. He's matches have been longer. Yes he has still competed in squash matches here and there but at live specials and certain recording we have seen him compete in much stronger matches taking on some of the biggest names in NXT such as Samoa Joe, Apollo Crews, and Sami Zayn and in every single one of these bigger matches he has left me impressed with he's speed and strength working rings around the indie darlings I have mentioned. He still has a lot more to show and a lot more improvements to make in the ring if he wants to stand a chance at capturing NXT gold in the future but the more we see of him the better he is getting and the more impressive he's move set is looking better and better. He has also worked a lot on he's character development. After watching him on Breaking Ground there is more of an understanding of he's character and he has used more of he's genuine real life character into he's Baron Corbin the wrestler character and it's worked. Fans are starting to boo him more because he's an actual dick rather than booing him because their bored of seeing him. He has come a long way over the past twelve months and her certainly is not the same superstar he this time last year. The highlight of he's career so far is easily he's victory over Apollo Crews at NXT Takeover London. I was honestly not expecting that victory what so ever. I remember watching live in the arena and one hundred percent certain that Crews was getting that victory. Of course I was backing Corbin on the night but I wasn't expecting him to be the first to knock off Crews and it ended up being the biggest win of he's career to date. It was a convincing win, he had a solid performance and he earned that victory. The win certified him as a serious talent and a top name on the NXT Roster and someone who will play a huge role in the future of the WWE.

I highly doubt there is anyone reading this post who is not aware of Austin Aries. As one of the biggest free agents in the world, Austin Aries has become an all time great in the world of pro wrestling. I personally have been a fan of Aries for a very very long time and have been following he's career for many many years. My brother is probably the bigger Aries fan of the two of us but it's safe to say that we have both marked out like completely crazy idiots throughout several Aries matches/ moments. For months and months there had been rumours of Aries joining the NXT Roster and he's arrival was great anticipated. It didn't matter who it was or where you were everyone was talking about Austin Aries and the chances of him coming to NXT. When the news broke that he had arrived during a taping outside I hit to twitter to show everyone just how happy I was and I remember me and my friends talking about it all week long. Despite all the spoilers and rumours I never heard about Corbin attacking Aries on the night (or maybe I did but because of all the excitement I completely forgot all about it) so it was a nice little surprise and if you read my review (witch will be linked bellow) than you will know that I loved the whole idea.

Aries is a superstar known all around the world. He has wrestled some of the very best and given us some seriously unforgettable matches and ow he joins the most impressive prestigious, and competitive rosters in all of pro wrestling, NXT. A feud with Baron Corbin is something I wasn't completely expecting to take place but I'm very happy it's happening and it if it is done and booked right than this could be the exact thing they should have done with both Austin Aries and Baron Corbin at this time. I do think Aries will most probably be NXT Champion before getting the call up depending on what the plans for Corbin in particular are for the next year. This addition to the roster one hundred percent shakes things up a little and makes everything even more interesting. I am planning on writing a full post on my opinions of Aries coming to NXT and what I think he's WWE future will look like so if you would be interested in reading that then do let me know.

Since Takeover London, Corbin's booking has remained strong both at recordings at live events and next month he takes on another huge name in Austin Aries. In all honesty, I don't think he is walking away with this victory at all. There is no chance in  hell the WWE will let Austin Aries loose clean to
Corbin in he's first live special NXT match, it won't happen. However, I do think it will be a shame if they let Corbin loose clean and use him as a momentum victory for Austin Aries and to put over a new talent. It will only drop all the momentum he has built and send him right back and after the twelve months of improving and proving everyone wrong and it would have all been a waste and for nothing he takes such a big loss. To be fair this is another huge match and great booking for him. Aries is a very talented and experienced superstar and he's someone that Corbin could learn a lot from. So what I'm hoping to see is a long lengthy match between these two, the longer Corbin is in the ring with Aries the more Aries can push him to he's limits and and bring out the best in Baron. If they are given the time then Aries could seriously get a great match out of Corbin and we could all be left very impressed. The pace of this match is going to be interesting and seeing how Corbin fairs against someone so heavily experienced and skill full like Austin Aries is going to be interesting as well. In an ideal world or if I was booking this match I'd probably have this one end in a DQ or double count out maybe with the two brawling after the match setting up a rematch in the future for Aries to then win, just because I feel as though a clean straight loss over Aries is going to some damage to Corbin's momentum that he's really going to struggle to get back. Personally, I feel as though regardless of the ending of this match this is going to be an entertaining match and a sure must see. It's clear who the fans will be behind but just for the sake of it I'm going to be sitting at home waving my imaginable I love Baron Corbin support flag.

So that is my first NXT Takeover Dallas prediction post! I hope you liked it. These posts will be uploaded every other day leading up to the actual event and I will of course be live tweeting throughout the show using the hashtag #NXTTakeover. As always you can let me know what your predictions are for NXT Takeover Dallas and Wrestlemania are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts