WWE RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! We are officially two weeks away from the biggest Wrestling event of the year, Wrestlemania and so every single second left of the build up is going to be very very important. Tonight every single superstar and diva will be doing everything they can to grab the attention of the WWE universe and everyone backstage as they look to also gain as much momentum as possible ahead of Wrestlemania in two weeks time. Last was an eventful week in WWE. We saw WWE World Heavyweight Champion triple H compete in a brilliant match up on Monday night RAW, number one contender Roman Reigns made he's huge return, and a couple more matches were added to the huge Wrestlemania card. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a brief look back at last weeks show and making our predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW. I need to quickly mention that I may not be live tweeting throughout this weeks RAW and a review might not be uploaded because we are currently re-decorating our house and we are changing up the windows this week and I might not have the time or space or anything to actually watch, write and think properly. But everything will of course return back to normal next week. This week I will finish off uploading my NXT Takeover Dallas predictions and next Sunday I will start uploading my Wrestlemania predictions as Wrestlemania week kick starts. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what your predictions are for this weeks RAW as well as NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

The top story heading into this weeks Monday night RAW is of course the return of Roman Reigns. Last week on the show we saw the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H stunned to see the man he took our one month ago return and change up the game. Sporting a brand new attitude, Reigns came down to the ring via the ramp with nothing but a serious and determine look on he's face, charging straight into the champion, Reigns sent a message to both Triple H and the WWE universe that he was back and he only had one thing on he's mind, becoming the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. If you read my RAW Review last week then you will know that I pretty much had mixed feelings on the whole return. I thought the change in attitude and the brutality of the attack was great, it was exactly what Reigns needed to do in order to regain some momentum and also start getting some of the WWE universe behind him. However, the boo's from the crowd were much more audible than the cheers and the timing was just all wrong. Why they didn't have Reigns come out mid way through Hunter's match with Ziggler causing a distraction and allowing Ziggler to pick up the win I don't know. The loss would not have effected Triple H what so ever and helping out via a distraction one of the biggest and most over WWE Superstars on the roster would have done Reigns a world of good when it comes to winning over the fans a little more. Instead they had him wait until after Ziggler had lost the match for him to actually come out and do anything witch did the complete opposite to what he needed. Looking ahead to tonight's show and we can sure as hell expected to hear more from Reigns. He cut a little promo on Smackdown last Thursday but it's very likely we will see an identical promo kick start this weeks Monday night RAW. I don't know if there is a reason for the two to collide again this week but something is sure to go down between the two as we edge closer to Wrestlemania. A tag team match of some kind involving Reigns and Ambrose is something that despite the fact I really don't want to see is likely to happen but I would much rather like to see Reigns compete in a strong match that will allow him to gain some serious momentum and send an even bigger message to everyone that he is ready for Wrestlemania and is capable of giving the game a run for he's money. After all last week Triple H fitted in not one but two brilliant matches and now Reigns is certainly playing catch up.

In recent weeks Lana has found herself making a couple of enemies including the likes of Brie Bella and former two time divas champion, Paige. However, last week we also learnt that the ravishing Russian has also gained a couple of new friends/ allies in Naomi and Tamina. During last weeks show the team bad members took it in their strive to assist Lana as some muscle during a backstage segment with Paige and in attacking Alicia Fox who had intentions of her own in dealing with Lana physically. Of course following everything that took place last week between these divas there have been plenty of discussion on a six diva tag team match for Wrestlemania and that is likely to be made official during tonight's show. I doubt very much that Lana will make her actual in ring debut before Wrestlemania but we can expect to see this new trio of divas (Naomi, Lana, and Tamina) to continue to make an impact and make their precedence known. I know most people are not into this whole thing at all but like I have said over the past couple of weeks I really do like this idea. I think it's a great way to introduce Lana to the division as an active competitor and her alliance with Naomi and Tamina will determine the kind of position and role she has on the roster and in the division. I'm definitely interested in seeing what the WWE have in store next for Lana and her new friends and seeing what they have to offer for the division. Hopefully Paige is in action tonight, I know how badly everyone is desperate to see her back competing on Monday night RAW.

After he was blind sidedly attacked by he's "tag team partner" a couple of weeks back after their championship match and hearing the verbal abuse that followed, last week AJ Styles got some redemption when he came charging down the ring and gave Jericho a taste of he's own medicine. I have to be honest, while I do think these two will have a brilliant match at Wrestlemania (once it is announced) I don't have as much interest in this feud just because of how much we have already seen from the pair of them. Maybe if they had only competed in two matches against each other than I would have more of an interest heading into Wrestlemania but walking into a fourth match just doesn't really give me any reason to be super excited or to anticipate this match as much. It's a little too predicable for me but saying that I am loving the chemistry between the two superstars and Chris Jericho really does make a fantastic heel. He's work over the past couple of weeks has been outstanding with promos that have been noted as some of my highlights of the show. I've said it about a million times already but I really do love seeing a heel Jericho and this is exactly what we have needed in this rivalry since it really kick started back in January. I do think the WWE have missed a couple of really good moments between these two already but the whole idea of making them a tag team and going down the road they have gone down does work so I'm kind of on the fence a little with this feud. I think my only issue really is the fact that we have already had three matches but I do have high expectations still for their Mania match. I'm expecting to hear a little more from AJ Styles tonight and a match between the two to be made official and at least one of them to be in action tonight. We could possibly get a rematch between Owens and Styles but I won't go getting my hopes up any time soon.

The Intercontinental Championship picture is something that I'm not all that sure on at the moment. Just like most people I was really hopeing to see a multi person ladder match for the United States Championship and a one on one for the IC Championship but it looks as though we are getting the complete opposite and I really am not happy about it. I literally hate the idea of having to sit through Ryback VS Kalisto in two weeks time. While I don't think its going to be the worse thing known to man kind it sure as hell does not scream out Wrestlemania quality and someone like Ryback would have been much better off competing in a multi person ladder match for the title so that he did not have too much attention on him and he wasn't under too much pressure. It just for me does not make any sense what so ever. A ladder match for the US Championship especially with Kalisto being the current champion would have been a much better and much more successful root to go down. My other issue with this is the lack of story and motive for Ryback to challenge for this championship. He's pretty much just come out and said I'm bigger than you, lets fight, and that really does not do anything for me. If the WWE want to get anyone super interested in this story than they are going to have to pull something special out of the bag but in all honesty I believe this will stick at a bellow mediocre feud heading into Wrestlemania but Kalisto really does need to gain some momentum so hopefully he is put into a one on one tonight to be able to do so. Moving on to the IC Championship picture and for the past couple of months Kevin Owens has made it pretty clear about not having an opponent for Mania and as the weeks have gone by the likes of Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, The Miz, and more have stepped up to the plate and tonight a match is bound to be made official. Of course I would much prefer to see Sami Zayn VS Kevin Owens in a one on one match but a multi person ladder match does unfortunately seem more likely. I'm expecting an IC Championship match for Mania announced tonight during some kind of segment.

The last thing we need to talk about in this weeks prediction post is the WWE Divas Championship
picture. Neither Charlotte, Becky, Or Sasha had a match on RAW last Monday but they did all take part in a face to face to face segment on Smackdown that saw Becky and Sasha both take out Charlotte double teaming the champion who had early on attempted to stir the pot and create more issues between Sasha and Becky showing exposing her game plan a little more. Tonight I am hopeing to see these girls in action. All three women need to start gaining more momentum and the build up over the next couple of weeks really does need to get a lot stronger. This is being promoted as the biggest Wrestlemania for the division and this match has some seriously high expectations from the fans. Now we just need to see a build up that can really draw in the fans and get everyone excited. I'm still hopeing to see a huge brawl between the women with one women left standing tall by the end of it. Because the division is so busy during this years Wrestlemania season the bookings are going to be a little all over the place and difficult but I have high expectations and I do think we will see something great between the three during tonight's show.

As always you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's Monday night RAW  by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I just want to quickly also let you guys know that I will not be uploading a prediction post for the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal but I will be touching on it briefly in reviews throughout the next couple of weeks, Braun Strowman is my pick for the win as I have already mentioned before.

NXT Takeover Predictions: Asuka VS Bayley
NXT Takeover Predictions: Finn Balor VS Samoa Joe
NXT Review and Reactions
Matches I want to see happen in the next year PT2
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts