NXT Takeover Dallas Predictions: The Revival VS American Alpha

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! On Friday the first of April NXT will Takeover Dallas just two days before the biggest Wrestling event of the year, Wrestlemania. With the card looking as strong as ever with the likes of Bayley, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Shinsuke Nakamura and many more set to perform on Friday the event will kick start Wrestlemania weekend and possible result in being the best Takeover to date. Throughout March I will be uploading my predictions posts for every single match set on the card. Usually this would be featured in a prediction week but with Wrestlemania also taking place and Review and Reaction posts to upload there would have been no time so we are changing things up a little this time round. Talking of Reviews I have decided that I will not be uploading a Wrestlemania review the night after just because I want to be able to enjoy the show and its going to be a long weekend for us British fans. If you would still like to read a Review on Mania later on in the week then let me know and I will write one for the Saturday of that week. I'm currently not sure if I'm going to be writing a Review for NXT Takeover Dallas.  As always I will link bellow any recent blog posts including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for NXT Takeover Dallas and Wrestlemania are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

The NXT Tag Team division is something that has been red hot for months and months now. They continue to improve, remain strong and put the main roster division under serious pressure to deliver. On April first two of the hottest teams in NXT will do battle as The Revival defend their NXT Tag Team Championships against one of the most over tag teams in all of the WWE, American Alpha in what is bound to be a true, old school wrestling match that could even steal the show. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look back at what both these teams have been up to over the past thew months since the last Takeover show and what both their odds look like heading into this huge NXT live special. 

Here is what I wrote about about Dash and Dawson in a previous blog post highlighting some of the most underrated and underutilised NXT Superstars of today:
If you have been reading my blog posts and or have been following me on twitter for long enough than you would know that I am not the biggest fan of Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson. I'm not going to deny that talents what so ever but personally that their just not a tag team or two superstars who I have gotten as behind as much as other teams. There are some people who think these two are the best things since slice bread while I just don't see the hype. However, they would not be featuring in this blog post if I didn't think they were something special. The fans of Dash and Dawson are serious fans. They absolutely love the, but I honestly don't feel as though they get the credit they deserve at all. The NXT tag team division is so so strong with the likes of American Alpha, The Vaudevillians, and Enzo and Cas that it's easy for teams like Dash and Dawson despite being champs to fail to get the attention and hype they deserve. I feel as though I'm completely contradicting myself here. I mentioned this in this weeks NXT Review and reactions posts, but I really do love everything that Dash and Dawson stand for. They are all about pure, physical wrestling. No flips and tricks and I like that. Their raw, plain, and simple and they keep to what they know and that's something you have to love. It's nice to see a tag team who look very different to the conventional WWE Superstar and are here saying hey your not going to see us do funky flips over the top rope and fancy tricks but you are going to see is some brilliant wrestling and that is exactly what we have been seeing from them. The thing with Dash and Dawson is they really did pop up out of nowhere. No on really know all that much about them and then all of a sudden they were the NXT Tag team champions. Now, I love the fact that in NXT anyone can get their big push at any time especially in the tag division, we have seen it done before these guys with Buddy Murpthy and Wesley Blake. With Dash and Dawson however, because they weren't so in your face and as exciting if thats the right word it's taken them longer to win the fans over and prove themselves more. I know that for me personally its take time to get used to them and have them grow on me and it's take even longer for me to actually become a fan. The turning point, the point where I really began to notice these guys and they stood out to me as a seriously solid, good tag team was at NXT Takeover London. Being there, they picked up a decent reaction and on the night competed to such a high level exceeding expectations. Since then they really have stood out to much much more. They are clearly extremely talented in ring performers. They have different style in the ring and their character is different to what we are used to seeing now days, but I like different and the more we see of these guys the more I'm growing to like them. Their not the best on the mic and their not the strongest characters but they have a clear message they're great in the ring and have bring that real, no holding back, brutality, pure, raw wrestling and I love that. I do think they are still much more underrated by the NXT universe than most tag teams and deserve a lot more credit than they actually get, hence the reason they are featuring in this blog post today.

I have to admit that in recent months  I have actually become a Dash and Dawson fan! I can't say I'm for them as much as the likes of Blake & Murpthy, American Alpha, and Enzo and Cas but they have something very very special and different and I have grown to really like them. The night I probably started to change my mind about them and see them differently was back at Roadblock. Their NXT Tag Team match was brilliant and their all round performance on the night grabbed my attention massively. They were two superstars I honestly did not stop talking about. I do really like the fact that there all about no flips and tricks and they keep to basic, old school, skill-full, technical. pure, wrestling, in this day and age it's really refreshing to see. The fact of the matter is that there is no one like them right now in the WWE, doing what they are doing and doing it so well. They do keep me entertained, I enjoy their matches and like I said they have something special. I do worry about how their career will look in the long. Storyline's, feuds, and how they are booked on the main roster is going to have to be very specific. Looking ahead to NXT Takeover Dallas and I honestly believe that despite the fact I think they will be dropping the championships this will be there best match to date. They may not have the best chemistry with American Alpha but these two of the best grappling, skill full, technical, teams and when you put them together you really are in for a treat.Personally, I'm expecting a lot from this match. These are two very very talented teams and four extremely talented individuals.  Like I said I do believe that the Revival will be dropping their gold on April first. They have had an impressive championship reign, they have worked at winning the fans over maybe not by becoming the most popular team but one of the most respected at least. They have fitted in some brilliant matches and a great feud with Enzo and Cas but the time has come in my eyes for the titles to change hands and there really is no better team to drop them to than American Alpha. 

If you have bee reading my blog for the past year or so then you will know that when Jason Jordan and Chad Gable were first put together I was not a fan. I was a huge supporter of Tye Dillinger and Jordan as a tag team and so I wasn't happy to see them separated and JJ given a new tag team partner. However, it did not take me long to jump board with the idea and I very very quickly became a huge fan of American Alpha. I think one thing that is so clear about this pairing is how much good Chad Gable has done for Jason Jordan. Before this pairing Jordan was your average superstar who looked good, had great in ring capabilities was rather stale as a character with little long term direction. Since being put with Gable we have seen Jordan come out of he's shell much much more! He has shown just how charismatic he really is, how funny he can be, and how entertaining he is. Thanks to Chad Gable we have seen a whole new side to Jason Jordan, I side that I never ever thought he had. Together these two just work. They have brought something different to the table, there really isn't anyone like them on both the NXT Roster and the main roster and I love that about them. There is something very old school about this team, just like Dash and Dawson they're more about technical skill and grappling than flips and tricks and I really do like that. What I also really like about American Alpha is how both superstars bring something very different. Gable is very technical and is a serious grappler, he knows how to take apart he's opponent limb by limb and it makes such a brilliant pure wrestling match. Then we have Jason Jordan who brings all the power. He has some serious strength behind him and watching him suplex he's opponents and through every superstar in sight around the ring like they weight nothing just translates both on TV and live in front of you so so well. And to top it these two have such brilliant chemistry that you are left so massively entertained by them whenever they are put on your screen. 

From the moment American Alpha were put together they have been focusing on becoming the greatest tag team in NXT history. They haven't been thrown right into the tag team championship picture and instead have had to prove themselves and work their way up to the top and that is exactly what they have done. They are without a doubt one of the most over tag teams in all of the WWE, wherever they go they pick up a huge reaction from the crowd, trust me, when I was at NXT Takeover London they were without a doubt one of the most over talents of the entire night. Since being paired together they have worked extremely hard at brining out the best in one another, showcasing their unique style, and picking up some serious momentum. To this day I still believe they should have won the the Dusty Rhodes tag team classic but we don't need to go over that again! Their popularity and fantastic in ring performances have meant that finally American Alpha have earned themselves an NXT Tag team match and will face the Revival on April first at NXT Takeover Dallas. There is no doubt that the fans will greatly be on the side of Gable and Jordan and I honestly believe their chances of coming up on top are very very high. They have picked up some fantastic victories in recent months and have given us some brilliant matches that I am still talking about on this day. They really do deserve this championship match and I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us all at Takeover next month.

I really do have very very high expectations of this match and like I said at the top I really do believe that this could be the match of the night if they are given enough time. What I'm hopeing to see is a lengthy, fifteen minuet match (at least) that sees some serious back and fourth action between the two teams and a well told story throughout. I do think that regardless of the time they have this is going to be a brilliant match and quite possibly the best match of both of these teams young careers. I think
there is something both these teams can bring out in the other and push each other to new heights. There is a part of me that strongly believes that we are all going to be seeing a new side to the Revival after this match and as a team and as two individual superstars they are going to gain a heck of a lot of respect from the NXT universe after this match. I'm predicting that they have a fantastic performance but I'm confident they will drop the championships on the night as well. It does feel like it is time for a new set of champions. Dash and Dawson have had a solid reign and have given us something new but I don't believe there is much more for them to do as champs and it's one hundred and ten percent time for American Alpha to have their moment. I did think that they would be dropping the titles to Enzo and Cass at Roadblock so I was a little disappointed there but Jason Jordan and Chad Gable certainly do deserve to have those titles just as much and they were my second choice for next champions anyway.

Like I said I do think this is going to be a fantastic match and could be the match of the night if they are given enough time. As always you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the NXT Takeover Dallas and Wrestlemania  card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

NXT Takeover Dallas Predictions: Bayley VS Asuka

Comments

Popular Posts