Wrestlemania Predictions: Charlotte VS Sasha Banks VS Becky Lynch

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It is officially Wrestlemania week! The biggest week in WWE and wrestling as we count down the final days until the biggest event of them all, Wrestlemania thirty two. All week long here on my blog we are going to be celebrating Wrestlemania as well. Every single day I will be uploading my Wrestlemania prediction and my NXT Takeover Dallas predictions. On some days I will be uploading up to three posts just because there are so many posts to be uploaded. I have to admit that it took a long long time for me to get all of these posts done and I had to work super hard so I hope you guys enjoy reading each one of them. It's also been a while since I last wrote a pay per view prediction post. Once Christmas hit last year I struggled to find the time to actually write these post and after a while they just faded out. I promised a couple of months back that I would be brining my pay per view predictions posts starting with Wrestlemania and NXT Takeover Dallas. It's been a little weird writing these again but despite the hard work they have been fun to do and have been keeping me busy. I hope you guys have also liked the couple of Wrestlemania posts as part of Wrestlemania season I have been uploaded over the past couple of weeks as well As always I will be linking bellow any recent blog posts including my most recent RAW and NXT Review, my previous pay per view review and reactions post and my last NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania prediction post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both of these huge show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last July Sasha Banks, Charlotte, and Becky Lynch sparked a revolution in the divas division when they all moved up to the main roster after spending years changing the perception of women's wrestling while on the NXT Roster. With three of the four horsewomen finally getting the call up and all at one the WWE Universe began to gain much more interest in the main roster divas division and once Charlotte knocked off Nikki Bella to become the new divas champion a change truly began. This Sunday the three women will make history together once again when they all make their Wrestlemania debuts together when they collide for the divas championship in what is bound to be a brilliant triple threat match at the grandest stage of them all. But witch diva will be walking out with the belt? Will the lass kicker walk in as the underdog but out as the champion? Will the Sasha prove once and for all that she is the true boss of the divas division and capture the title? Or will Charlotte play dirty one last time to keep hold of the most prestigious prize for the divas division?

From the moment Charlotte got the call up to the main roster the WWE made it perfectly obvious that the daughter of two time hall of famer Ric Flair would making her way to becoming the new divas champion and after knocking off Nikki Bella at night of champions she did just that and became the second former NXT Diva to capture the divas championship. Despite the mixed feelings on Charlotte I'm actually a fan. I don't think she's the best diva on the roster at all but I do believe she is extremely talented in the ring and is without a doubt one of the most athletic female competitors the WWE has ever seen. She does have a lot to work on when it comes to character and mic work. Sometimes, sitting through a promo or segment delivered by Charlotte can be pretty painful and awkward to watch but she is improving with time and she has established herself as a true, dominate champion worthy of holding that title. She works much better as a hell. When she debuted as a baby face she was boring, easy to forget and many didn't really have a strong opinion of her. I still don't feel as though she can match the likes of Sasha Banks or Paige when it comes to character and charisma but she has people talking about here and there and a great deal of the WWE Universe really genuinely dislike her so she's doing something right regardless. My one issue I have had is the amount of involvement Ric Flair has had. Charlotte is her own person and she is more than capable of having an interesting reign without her father by her side and I would have loved to have seen him take a step back a little but saying that I do think he has played such a big role in the past couple of months and I have been pretty entertained by certain things we have seen so I can't complain too much. Her actual title reign has been decent. She has had some great matches here and there. We have seen her feud with the likes of Becky Lynch, Brie Bella, and Paige and all of those feuds have had a great storyline that have been gripping and entertaining to some degree witch is more than can be said for Nikki's reign. There has been something missing from Charlotte's reign that Nikki had but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Because Nikki generated so much heat but was so popular I think it added a level of entertainment that Charlotte hasn't really brought....? I'm not sure but I do know that there are things I would have changed but Charlotte herself has done a great job in improving where she needs to.

I have mixed feelings on Becky Lynch. I will never ever take away the fact that she is a brilliant in ring performer. Her wrestling skills are as good as any and she could easily give the male superstars a run for their money when it comes down to skill. She's an experienced competitor with a clear style that works so so well. She also has a very interesting character. She's very very likeable and eccentric and I always love seeing a character that's different and unlike anything else we have on the roster. However, I've never really been the biggest fan of hers. Like I said, I think she's great and she clearly has it all but when I look at how much some people love her I just haven't gotten the hype as much yet. Saying that, I do think my opinions on her are going to change massively at Wrestlemania and
I'm going to become a huge fan of hers. My favourite Becky Lynch match to this day is her NXT Women's Championship bout against Sasha Banks at NXT Takeover  and she's yet for me to put on a performance that really tops that. I mentioned in a blog post a while back that I felt as though she may  have been better off staying in NXT a little longer. I was going to do a full post on it but I never had the time. I think this is the problem I have with Becky. I think there was so much more for her to show in NXT and it would have been nice to have seen her capture the NXT Women's championships especially considering she is the only one of the four horsewomen not to do so. However, since getting the call up she has become a clear fan favourite. The WWE Universe love her wherever she goes and over the months we have seen some great matches and in ring performances from her that have proven that she is worthy of her place on the main roster. I still think there is so much more left to see of her and she has something huge to show us all and Wrestlemania could be the night that we see that. I don't think she will be walking out as champion or will be champion any time soon. I saw a tweet a while back that spoke about her going down the root as the female Cesaro witch I really do believe as well. She's bound to have great performance after great performance, bound to be very over with the fans but the chances of her being at the top of the division is going to be very slim and we're going to be waiting for her big big moment for a long time. She is walking into Wrestlemania as the underdog and I think she's going to have a couple of really close calls but as far winning goes I'd say her chances are very slim at this point.

Personally, I was convinced that Sasha Banks would be facing off against Charlotte one on one at Wrestlemania. After the way she had been booked, the direction the story was going in and the fans demands it seemed like the road the WWE were going to go down. Since arriving on the main roster Sasha has been on fire going months undefeated never being pinned or submitted. In fact I'm not even going to include the double pin that took place last month during the number one contenders match. She has put solid match after solid match and is without a doubt the most over diva on the roster today. I did spend a lot of time waiting for her to part ways with team B.A.D. I said it time and time again that I felt as though being aliened with Naomi and Tamina only held Sasha back and it was only a matter of time until she turnt on them and went her own way.  I will admit that I liked the idea of her getting the call up in the summer last year and being apart of team B.A.D in particular but it was holding her back massively and they kept the team going for far too long and I found myself growing so bored and frustrated with what they were doing with her just because I knew she was worth so much more. Now, Sasha did spend most of January out of action and while I did miss her massively her absence turnt out to be a blessing in disguise. Allowing the WWE universe to actually miss Sasha just made us want her even more and made the reaction that she got when she did come back even bigger. Talking about come backs; at the Royal Rumble pay per view Sasha finally returned to action when she came out to send a huge message after the divas championship match between Charlotte and Becky Lynch. First attacking Becky, Sasha made it clear that it was her time and she was not going to let Becky or anyone stand in her way of getting what she wants. After reminiscing the BFF days with Charlotte, Banks sent a huge statement hitting the Bank-statement on the champ when her back was turnt. Now, can we just speak about that crowd reaction. Before her music hit there were "we want Sasha" chants and when she stepped out the crowd just went insane, after attacking Charlotte the crowd got even louder for Sasha. She easily had one of the biggest crowd reactions of the night and possibly the biggest reaction any diva has had. She is so massively over right now and she completely deserves it. Ever since that night Sasha has been keeping busy. She has been attempting to build momentum as she focuses her attentions on the divas championship. I loved seeing her and Becky team up to take out team bad. It set up a great story to carry on through to Wrestlemania and it worked out very very well for both divas. Over the past thew weeks Sasha has continued to be dominate and build momentum and as a result she is walking into her first Wrestlemania with momentum on her side and a strong fan favourite.

Just like everyone else I have very very high expectations of this match. Like I already said, I did think that this was going to be a one on one between Sasha Banks and Charlotte and even though that match would have been great I think the WWE have done the right thing by making this a triple threat. It made perfect sense, the writing meant that it all fitted and was actually entertaining and I did honestly really like how they set this up and made it into a triple threat.  The double pin and Charlotte getting involved in the two number one contenders matches created such a great story and I have actually really grown to love the idea of a triple threat and now I genuinely cannot wait to see what they put on together. These are three of the best female athletes the WWE has ever produced. They have spent the past couple of years re-defying what it means to be a WWE Diva and changing the way people view women's wrestling. Together they have given hope for the division and future divas putting on outstanding matches and brilliant feuds/storyline's. Talking of Storyline's, over the past couple of months the WWE have finally started making developments in their diva storyline's. The stories and feuds for the division is something fans have been complaining about for a very very long time including myself but recently they have really upped their game and we starting to actually see storyline's that are gripping, interesting, and entertaining. This year will also be the first year that the divas championship is behind defended in a serious match that has serious expectations from the fans. We have seen in recent months just how much Mania means to these three women and this year Wrestlemania has felt just as important for the divas division as it has for the male superstars. Now, when it comes down to this triple threat match I am expecting a lot. These three know each other so well and have such a massive history together that you know your in for something special and can
only expect the very best. I want to go as far as to say this could be the best divas match we have ever seen at Wrestlemania. I'm really hopeing they are given a decent amount of time. If they are given around twenty minuets than this could be one of the strongest matches of the night. I think all three divas will get the chance to take the spotlight but I have to say that I honestly think that the star of this match is going to be Banks. I do think we will certainly get a new champion and once again I'm going with Sasha. Charlotte has had a strong reign but it's time for something new and I really do believe that if the WWE don't put that title on the Boss than there is going to be plenty of very unhappy fans. There are bound to be some brilliant spots in this match and I'm certain that this will be the night that we see a true change in the divas division and the way people view women's wrestling particularity on the WWE main roster. I also need to quickly say that after the entrances' at NXT Takeover Brooklyn I'm seriously hopeing that these women get a special entrance this Sunday at Wrestlemania as I'm sure many of you guys are as well.

This is one of the matches I'm most looking forward too this weekend. I think we could be in for something very very special. These are three very different women who are extremely talented and know each other so so well. The chemistry between the three of them is amazing and there is a great story heading into the match itself. It's one that sure is going to have my full attention and as you know I'm team Banks all the way. As always you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on this years Wrestlemania card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts