Wrestlemania Predictions: Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It is officially Wrestlemania week! The biggest week in WWE and wrestling as we count down the final days until the biggest event of them all, Wrestlemania thirty two. All week long here on my blog we are going to be celebrating Wrestlemania as well. Every single day I will be uploading my Wrestlemania prediction and my NXT Takeover Dallas predictions. On some days I will be uploading up to three posts just because there are so many posts to be uploaded. I have to admit that it took a long long time for me to get all of these posts done and I had to work super hard so I hope you guys enjoy reading each one of them. It's also been a while since I last wrote a pay per view prediction post. Once Christmas hit last year I struggled to find the time to actually write these post and after a while they just faded out. I promised a couple of months back that I would be brining my pay per view predictions posts starting with Wrestlemania and NXT Takeover Dallas. It's been a little weird writing these again but despite the hard work they have been fun to do and have been keeping me busy. I hope you guys have also liked the couple of Wrestlemania posts as part of Wrestlemania season I have been uploaded over the past couple of weeks as well As always I will be linking bellow any recent blog posts including my most recent RAW and NXT Review, my previous pay per view review and reactions post and my last NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania prediction post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both of these huge show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

As not one but six superstars threaten to steal the spotlight from Kevin Owens the former NXT talent he must defend he's Intercontinental Championship against Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, Sin Cara, Stardust, Zack Ryder, and The Miz. While I may not be very happy about the booking for the IC Title this year this is sure to be a chaotic championship match and who walks with the prestigious championship will for sure get their two thousand and sixteen Wrestlemania moment.

Anyone that knows me, follows me on twitter, or reads my blog regularly will know all to well that I not only dislike this match but I hate it. I will never ever understand why on earth they gave Kalisto a one on one match for the United States championship and a multi person ladder match for the IC championship. It makes no sense what so ever and the WWE should have listened to the fans and swapped it around. Personally, I really wanted to see Kevin Owens defend the championship against Sami Zayn one on one. I really do think the WWE missed out on something huge here between those two. Anyone that has been watching NXT for the past year or so knows about the history between these two and seeing Sami follow Owens to the main roster a year after their feud kick started on NXT and follow it on to the big stage was such a brilliant idea and the WWE looked to be going in a great direction. A one on one between the two at Wrestlemania would not only have been a fantastic match but smart booking. This year both these superstars will compete in their first ever Wrestlemania match and with their history it would have been such an iconic and special moment in both their careers. So it's such a huge shame that the WWE have missed out on something so special.

Instead Owens must defend he's Intercontinental Championship in a multi person match up against Sin Cara, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, the Miz, Stardust, and of course Sami Zayn. I look at this line up and I honestly want to shake my head in disappointment. The WWE really have failed here. Some of these superstars we hardly ever see compete on Monday night RAW and while yes it's nice to see the likes of Zack Ryder given the opportunity to have a Wrestlemania moment this is a guy that is currently competing as part of a solid tag team in NXT and rarely makes TV appearances for the main roster. It just seems like such a joke and a spit in the face for the IC Championship itself. I'm going to try super hard to put my strong disliking for this match aside for a little and actually look at the predictions in full detail. Right, lets go. Okay, so I'm very happy to see Ziggler given a Mania match. We all know he is one of the most underutilised superstars in WWE history and one of the hardest workers known to man kind. While this match is nothing different for him and the chances of him actually picking up the win are very slim he is sure to get in a couple of brilliant spots and have a thew stand out moments. He of course will be very over with the fans and he is bound to get a huge reaction from the live crowd. I'm expecting to see him come very very close to capturing the IC championship throughout this match witch will have everyone on their feet and interested in the action. Over the past couple of months Dolph has really fitted in some amazing matches and so to say that he has earned he's place in this match is sure an understatement. My only issue with him being involved is for storyline purposes alone and for the simple fact of pushing the power and dominance of the Authority I would have liked to have seen them stick to the story of Ziggler not being able to choose a Mania match because of he's loss to Hunter. He may not have choose this match directly but you get what I mean. But I suppose keeping Ziggler off the card was not an option at all and would not have been popular amongst fans. And to be fair I don't think they could have afforded to so this year with so many superstars being out of action.

Here is what I wrote about the Miz in last months top ten superstars of the month:
Number five in this months top ten superstars of the month is a pretty big surprise. I can't remember when the last time the Miz featured in a top superstars of the month post or if he ever has done here on my blog but he has more than earned the right to feature in the first of this years. The number five spot may seem like a pretty high number to put him at but I one hundred percent believe it is the right place. For the past thew years now the Miz has been booked terribly. He had a couple of strong years including main eventing Wrestlemania and being WWE Champion but since then he has struggled to find himself in the same place. The booking has been so bad that a usual match of he's would for me be used as a bathroom break. I will admit that I do enjoy almost every episode of Miz TV but when it comes to he's actually wrestling booking it has been beyond terrible. However, Over the past month we have seen a huge turn around. Now, I'm not saying that he all of a sudden has been put in phenomenal, match of the year style bouts and is one he's way to a big push any time soon but what I am saying is that things have improved massively for him. He's role as the third wheel in the Styles/Jericho feud gave him place that mattered on the roster this pat month. We saw him feature in two strong matches one on RAW and one on Smackdown. Particularly he's match wit Jericho on Smackdown was a must see in my opinion. It was the match that reminded everyone why he should be booked much better. I can't see things improving massively for the Miz in the near future but I had to acknowledge the fact that he has a really strong month in February and for that he had to be in the top five this month.

Another person I am very happy is featuring in this match is the Miz. I have been a fan of Miz for a very long time and seeing the direction he's career has gone in really hasn't gone down well with me at all. In recent months he has actually managed to be booked in some solid matches that have really stood out for me and so many others. He has been given the chance to show what he is capable of in the ring competing against the likes of Chris Jericho and AJ Styles. We have also seen some strong promos and segments from Miz too in recent weeks but we all know how great he is on the mic anyway.  It's nice to see him added to the Mania card even though he's chances of actually winning this match are very very slim. I do think he will have a couple of solid spots here and there and will for sure bring to us plenty of character and entertainment to this match. The addition of Sin Cara and Stardust means that we can all expected bodies flying everywhere and some seriously impressive spots. These are two superstars who are not afraid to take a risk and bring in some more intense, high flying action here and there. Sin Cara in particular really does bring a new style to this match and a touch of unpredictability witch we all love to see.

Then of course we have my favourite for this match, Sami Zayn. Two thousand and fifteen has kicked off strong for the former NXT Champion. After making he's return in December back at NXT Takeover London Zayn's main focus has been capturing the NXT Championship once again and becoming the first ever two time NXT Champion. While he may not have earned himself number one contendership he did compete in a handful of gruelling matches that have been highlighted as early favourites for NXT match of the year, including a phenomenal two out of three falls match. The night he showed up on RAW to surprise Kevin Owens really was unexpected. I had not have heard any rumours of him being backstage and there were no hints that he would be making an appearance on the night at all. I loved that this was such a well kept secret and reuniting he's feud with Kevin Owens was a brilliant idea. Like I have already said a million times already, I would have loved to have seen Zayn face off against Owens for the IC Championship at Mania for so many reasons however I do think that he is going to be a serious stand out of the night and if the title is going to change hands than he is the most likely superstar to steal the title from Owens on the grandest stage of them all. And I have to quickly mention how proud and happy I am for Sami Zayn who will be competing in he's first ever Wrestlemania. He has had such an long journey to this moment and done so much throughout he's career, there is no one more worthy and deserving of this match and moment.

While I may not be a fan of this match up at all I do think that we are going to have some awesome moments throughout and it will for sure get everyone excited,loud, and ready for the bigger matches set to take place on the night. Personally, I don't think Owens should drop the title at Mania this
weekend. I think he makes a brilliant champion and while the odds are stacked against him I would much rather see him loose the title in a one on one match during a great feud. We have seen Owens compete in loads and loads of Ladder matches throughout he's career so he will be very very happy and at home in this match up. This match allows Owens to be that ruthless, barbaric, monster that he is in the ring and he fore sure will use he's surroundings to take out every opponent in this match and will do everything and anything to keep hold of that title. Since becoming champion he has brought so much to the IC title and I know I keep saying it but I really do believe he deserves to be in a one on one match much much stronger than what he is getting for he's first ever Wrestlemania. Like I said earlier, I do think that if Owens does drop the title than it will be Zayn who gets the win and that would make perfect sense and allow this feud to continue on but I would also love to see Owens retain and prove he's point and the following night on RAW the original triple threat happens between Miz, Zayn, and Ziggler with winner later on facing Owens for the title on the same night and maybe then we could see a title change. Regardless of what I feel about the IC Championship ladder match personally, I do think that they have superstars in this match to put on something great and we could get a special couple of moments/spots throughout the match.

As always you can let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other match on the Wrestlemania and NXT Takeover Dallas card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts