Wrestlemania Predictions: Part Two

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It is officially Wrestlemania week! The biggest week in WWE and wrestling as we count down the final days until the biggest event of them all, Wrestlemania thirty two. All week long here on my blog we are going to be celebrating Wrestlemania as well. Every single day I will be uploading my Wrestlemania prediction and my NXT Takeover Dallas predictions. On some days I will be uploading up to three posts just because there are so many posts to be uploaded. I have to admit that it took a long long time for me to get all of these posts done and I had to work super hard so I hope you guys enjoy reading each one of them. It's also been a while since I last wrote a pay per view prediction post. Once Christmas hit last year I struggled to find the time to actually write these post and after a while they just faded out. I promised a couple of months back that I would be brining my pay per view predictions posts starting with Wrestlemania and NXT Takeover Dallas. It's been a little weird writing these again but despite the hard work they have been fun to do and have been keeping me busy. I hope you guys have also liked the couple of Wrestlemania posts as part of Wrestlemania season I have been uploaded over the past couple of weeks as well As always I will be linking bellow any recent blog posts including my most recent RAW and NXT Review, my previous pay per view review and reactions post and my last NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania prediction post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both of these huge show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

What started out as a shock betrayal has now turnt into a person family rivalry and this Sunday at Wrestlemania we will witness an epic tag team match as The Usos take on the legendary team that is the Dudley Boyz. This a feud that I have been very surprised to gain an interest in but I can honestly say that I am pretty excited about seeing what these two teams can put on at the grandest stage of them all. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look back at this rivalry and making our final bold predictions ahead of the actual match this weekend.

It was back on the eighth of February that we saw the shock heel turn of the Dudley Boyz. Prior to the turn we had seen the Usos and the Dudleys team up to take on the New Day and Mark Henry on Monday night RAW. After failing to score the important victory D-Von and Bubba Ray decided it was time for a new game plan and shocked the WWE universe by attacking their partners of the night. Personally, I did not see this coming at all and I really liked that. If you read my RAW Review for that week than you will know just how surprised I was to see this particular heel turn. Its very rare that now days the WWE are able to really shock me and pull something out of the bag I didn't see coming and they did that with this really well. Now, anyone that knows me knows that I am not an Usos fan at all. I'm probably one of the biggest haters going in fact. I've explained on here and on twitter before but they personally do not appeal to me what so ever and it's practically torture watching them compete or even take part in a backstage interview. I just don't get the hype. However, in they have really impressed me throughout this feud and I have been so so surprised at just how interested I have been in this whole thing. To be honest this isn't the greatest of storyline's but I have said it right from the very start and I will say it again here, there is something that just works with this and I really like it. The Usos are still fairly young and have a lot to learn and so stepping up and taking on such a hugely successful tag team in the Dudley Boyz is going to do them a whole world of good and by the end of it they would have benefited from it massively. There is a lot that Jimmy and Jey can learn from the Dudleys both as in ring competitors and with carrying storyline's and developing characters.
I can't sit here and say that in recent weeks I have become a massive fan of the Usos because I haven't but I have gained a lot more interest and I'm trying my best to cut them some slack. What I will say about these guys however is they do have a strong and loyal fan base. Kids in particular absolutely love these guys and that is the WWE's core audience so they are doing something right. I think with how the WWE have gone about with this feud has meant that because of the story and because they are taking on the Dudleys has attracted some of the more older audience. Heading into Wrestlemania these two have a decent amount of momentum and have a solid following. I'm not expecting this to be a super long match but I do think it could be a solid one. I don't think we will see anything truly amazing and it will make a nice little filler. This is without a doubt an important match for the tag team division. The main roster tag division is something that has been suffering for a while now and if this match can be something pretty strong than it could be the start of a new direction for the division and both these teams will play individual roles in creating the future of the tag team division.

The Dudley Boyz have been a favourite tag team of mine for a very very long time. I remember as a kid watching all those phenomenal matches that saw the Dudley Bozy, Edge and Christian and the Hardys take each other on in some of the most memorable and classic tag team matches in WWE History. When they made their return to the WWE in the summer of last year I was beyond delighted and super super shocked. Again, its very difficult for the WWE to keep a secret now days because of social media so it's rare that I am ever really left shocked but when these two made their return I was left marking out like a crazy person and almost speechless. I remember my mum looking at me like I was legit insane. This was such a well kept secret that paid off massively. Twitter blew up and they were the hot topic all night long. For months they worked as baby faces giving the WWE universe what we wanted; tables. They put on some decent matches but as always kept the fans extremely entertained with their classic one liners and sending opponents through tables every week. Xavier Woods you were a brilliant sport. As expected they were over as f**k wherever they went picking up a huge reaction from the live crowd everywhere. To be completely honest a part of me was surprised they never captured the tag team championships. They sure did come close but the WWE made a bold decision to keep the titles on the New Day and to be fair it has worked completely and because they haven't been championships since they came back it has actually created a pretty good storyline.

On February the eighth the legendary tag team that is the Dudley Boyz shocked the WWE universe when they attacked the Usos after their eight man tag team match on RAW. Sending both brothers through tables and giving the former champs the beating of a lifetime D-Von and Bubba looked to send a message to both the Usos and the WWE Universe. Following the attack, the Dudleys addressed the fans on Smackdown declaring that they were ditching the tables wanting everyone to focus on them and not the tables. They made a valid point that they were one of the greatest tag teams in WWE history and were not back to just put over new talent and made it perfectly clear that they were not hanging up their boots or throwing in the towel. Targeting the Usos was the first step in teaching the WWE universe a lesson and sending a message. Since then they have banned tables from their set and have made their feud with the Usos a lot more person than expected. I love it when a feud gets more personal. The Dudleys have verbally attacked the Usos family including their father making some harsh comments here and there have added some fire to this feud.

I cant say I'm super excited for this match but I am interested in seeing what they have to deliver. I think there is a lot of potential in this match, given enough time this could be a great match. These two teams have such a different in ring style such different characters. Their both heading into this match with different points to prove but in the end it's all about the future and the past even though that feels like the complete wrong way to describe the Dudleys. This will be a great match to get the crowd up on their feet and chanting something and will keep the energy up throughout the night. Personally, I will be backing the Dudley's for obvious reasons but I'm pretty certain the Usos have this in the bag. The WWE are very high on them they have been for the past couple of years and with the WWE being so focused on creating the future it just makes me even more sure that they will be the ones that pick up this win but either way I'm sure both of these teams are in for a good night and will have their moments to shine in the spotlight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Wrestlemania Predictions Kalisto VS Ryback.
This Sunday live on the WWE Network at the grandest stage of them all Wrestlemania, Kalisto will defend the United States Championship against the big guy, Ryback. After Ryback decided to give some career advice for the champion he challenged the lucha dragon to a title match at the biggest stage of them all and after accepting the challenge during an interview with Michael Cole on the same week the match was made official. But who will be walking of Wrestlemania with the championship?  Lets take a look at what both these superstars have been up to and what their odds look like.

Two thousand and fifteen has been all about Kalisto. He has been on fire since the start of the year proving that the little guys can do be just as successful. He has been extremely impressive throughout the early months of the year picking up the US Championship twice and delivering some fantastic matches on RAW, Smackdown, and pay per view. I'm going to insert a little paragraph I wrote about Kalisto last month where I included him in a top five list of some of the hottest WWE Superstars right now. Before I insert that paragraph I need to talk about the booking for Kalisto. As a someone who has followed he's career since he's NXT days it made me so unbelievably happy to see him finally given the attention he deserves and the US Championship victory while it was a shock it was so amazing to see and I was very very happy and proud. Since becoming champion he has had some great matches particularly against Alberto Del Rio and Adrian Neville however the WWE have not been consistent with him enough what so ever. He has picked up far too many losses over the past month or so and they haven't booked him half as strong as he should have been booked. He's performance at Mania is going to be a big deal. This is he's first Mania and it's going to be a hugely important and special night for him even though I do think he isn't going to still e champion by the end of the night I'm hopeing he still has a great night and all round performance.

I don't think anyone had a bigger month in January than NXT Graduate, Kalisto. After he's tag team partner Sin Cara was left out of action with an injury the lucha competitor was left standing solo and beginning he's career on the main roster as a singles competitor. I'll be honest, I've always liked the idea of Kalisto working as part of a tag team. I had my doubts about him going solo and I wasn't sure how he would be booked in a way that he deserved and put him in the spotlight. However, I can officially sit here now a much bigger fan and supporter of Kalisto and I am for sure eating my words. He has completely owned the month of January making it all about him and finding he's place as a singles competitor on the roster. I haven't stopped talking about him all month long and I have found myself re-watching and paying extra attention to every single match he has been competing in. From the start of January Kalisto has found himself feuding with Alberto Del Rio and the two have actually managed to create a decent feud (that I admit still needs a little more development) with a basic storyline that still keeps everyone interested and entertained. He has been chasing after the United States Championship all month long and now stands as a two time US Champion. If you had told me that this is where Kalisto would be walking into February I probably wouldn't have believed you. Things have been moving very fast for Kalisto but he has earned every single moment he has had in the spotlight. Since arriving in NXT he has worked he's butt off and this past month he has assured that he can do just fine on he's own as a solo competitor. I have been so massively impressed and entertained by Kalisto's matches this month against Del Rio, there have been times where the pair have put on one of the best matches of the night and stunned the crowd. And then of course he competed in a fantastic match against Neville on Smackdown building momentum as he heads into he's first pay per view title defence at Fastlane later this month. I am one hundred percent backing Kalisto as he heads into Fastlane and he's career continues. He has had a great past month and I honestly think that if the WWE continue doing what they are doing with him then he is in for a huge twenty sixteen.

Just like with the Usos I have never ever been a fan of Ryback. I honestly find him one of the most boring superstars on the roster. I don't see any charisma and he never ever entertains me. However, I have to be honest and say that since he's little change up I have gained some interest. He has been impressing me in the ring adding some new moves to he's set witch always goes down well and he's slight change in character has for me been perfect. This is exactly what he has needed this whole time and it does feel like finally the WWE have got it right with Ryback. My issue however is feels like it just too late. We are all so focused on the newer, younger talent and I don't know if fans really will be entertained or even happy with Ryback as champion. Sure, he works hard and deserves the time to be champion but is it too late?

I'll be honest, I really am not looking forward to this match and I most probably will be using this as a bathroom break. It really is not Wrestlemania quality in my eyes and these two are going to have to pull out something  pretty spectacular to grab my attention and change my opinions around on the night. I'm not expecting anything great from this match but I do think we could get some great spots. These two superstars could not be any more different from one another and seeing how they fair against one another is going to be interesting. If Kalisto wants to remain in control he is going to have to keep the paste of the match on he's side. The faster the better for Kalisto. He is going to have to work on pushing Ryback to see just how long he can keep up for before he falls to the ground and Kalisto can score a quick win. However, because Ryback is just so big and has such a major size advantage it's going to be extremely difficult for Kalisto to stay in control for long periods of time and for him to retain the championship. In an ideal world I would love to see Kalisto retain. I think
that after all the hard work John Cena put into making that title important again and making it mean something are years of meaning nothing at all to have the title on Ryback a superstar that isn't as popular or as strong in the ring will be a real shame. I believe that Kalisto has so much more left to show and bring as champion and with some huge names coming up he could be in some great feuds and phenomenal matches if given the chance. However, the WWE seem to be on a Ryback high at the moment and are pushing him in a new direction so the chances of him walking of Mania as the new champion in my eyes are very very likely and it wont't surprise me at all. Personally I would not have booked this match at all and I would have stuck to a multi person ladder match. They could have still had Ryback as a competitor of course and I think they have missed out on something that could have been great. Once again the WWE haven't listened to the fans at all who clearly wanted Zayn VS Owens one on one and a multi person ladder match for the US Championship.

I wasn't sure whether to split this post in half or to write two separate posts for both of these matches but because I didn't really have much to say and because I'm little ill as I'm writing this I decided to just keep them both in one post and I will probably do this with a couple more Wrestlemania prediction post. As always you can let me know what your predictions are for both these matches and every other match on the Mania card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts