RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! As the countdown to Wrestlemania continues I'm back today with this weeks RAW Predictions. Last week the WWE presented us with an interesting edition of Monday night RAW. There were a couple of things I really liked and a couple of  things I definitely  would have changed but with several things already announced for this weeks show I'm expecting and interesting and another pretty solid Monday night RAW. In today's post based off of rumours and hot topic I will be making my predictions for tonight RAW. Before I get started I just want to quickly mention a couple of things. The first is a quick thank you to everyone who read Friday's post. I decided to change thing up a little last week and write my first TNA post and it went down so much better than I expected and it's one hundred percent made me want to write more post based off of TNA and maybe in the future Lucha Underground and ROH as well to kick start some new things going on my blog and maybe in the future we can look at doing even more witch is super exciting! As always I will link bellow any recent blog posts including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions post. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show and what other posts you would like to see in the future by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last week we saw both Stephanie and Vince McMahon come down to the ring to talk future on the return of Shane McMahon and Wrestlemania were they both targeted Shane and promised that he would not return from Wrestlemania the same physically and neither would he return to the family the same. Vince would go on to say that Shane's inheritance would also be on the line at Wrestlemania. During last weeks show the Undertake made an appearance and made he's feelings perfectly clear on he's one on one hell in a cell match against Shane McMahon. This week the boy wonder himself will appear on Monday night RAW and falling the comments made by Vince, Stephanie and Taker what will Shane have to say during tonight's show. What is going through he's mind as Wrestlemania edges closer? and how will he respond to what took place and what was said just seven days. Since the announcement was made two weeks ago, Shane has been working extremely hard preparing for the most important fight of he's life. Working on building he's strength and conditioning and also improving in the ring and striking skills with some pretty big names. Shane really isn't leaving little to chance.

Last week was a pretty big week for the divas division with the road to Wrestlemania really getting into full swing for the women of the WWE.  On RAW Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch went toe to toe for the chance to face Charlotte for the divas Championship at Wrestlemania but after a double pin took place another match up what set to take place on Smackdown to finally determine a number one contender. However, Charlotte's interruption meant that we still didn't get an opponent for the champ and we found out later on in the show that a triple threat between the three divas would take place at Wrestlemania in four weeks time for the divas championship. I know a lot of people were moaning about the double pin on RAW because it's pretty much the exact same thing we have seen between Sami Zayn and Samoa Joe but I liked it a lot. It's something that is very hard to pull off and while the positioning and how it was done wasn't great they did a good job and if something works in NXT why not try it on the main roster? Not to mention it was so good seeing something different used for the divas and their match. It worked perfectly with the story and tied the week together really really well so I don't really get why so many people are complaining. The triple threat for Mania was something I and everyone else was expecting now it's about creating an even more in- depth storyline. It's refreshing seeing Wrestlemania mean so much to to the women competing at the event and it's even more refreshing seeing a great divas storyline and promising match heading into Mania. Each of these women are now on the hunt for momentum over the next four weeks and so the booking from tonight onwards is going to be very interesting. I do think we need to see Charlotte in action tonight and some promos and segments in the next couple for weeks are going to be interesting.
I also need to quickly mention how irritating it is reading everyone moan about the Lana/Brie feud that seems to be growing. We have all been waiting to see Lana make her in ring debut for around a year now and I don't see the issue with her first feud being against Brie. Brie has been with the company for a very long time, she's a former divas champion, she may not be the best in the ring but she could teach Lana a heck of a lot and she could really help Lana in creating a pretty decent debut feud so regardless of what most people think I really like this idea and I'm interested in seeing what happens next.

After pinning the tag team champions twice the team of AJ Styles and Chris Jericho (Y2AJ) challenged the New Day to a championship match this week on Monday night RAW and once the match was made offcial  everyone got talking and Styles would go on to gain even more momentum when he defeated Kofi Kingston on Thursday night Smackdown. Over the past couple of weeks I have expressed my feelings on the tag team pairing of Chris Jericho and AJ Styles but I'm going to say it again; I do think that teaming them up the night after Fastlane made perfect sense. It concluded their feud nicely and showed the progress of their relationship really well. However, putting them together as a legit tag team just doesn't sit well with me and I know so many of you will agree with me. These are two brilliant singles competitors but putting as a team just doesn't work. They are both, especially Styles are best suited as singles competitors, it's where they belong and what they do and with AJ being so new to the WWE working on he's own in some one on one feuds is what he should be doing. If you ask a bunch of wrestling fans I'm sure that ninety nine percent of those fans will tell you that they would love to see AJ Styles VS Kevin Owens at Wrestlemania for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and honestly that is exactly what the WWE should be working on. It's not only what the fans want but it truly is what is best for business. We are likely to see a ladder match for the IC Title at Mania probably also featuring Styles and the pair will start a feud the night after Wrestlemania but I do think if thats the case than the WWE are missing out on something that could have been a great addition to this years Mania card. Focusing back to tonight's show and if Jericho and Styles win the tag team championships tonight I'm going straight off to bed and crying like the sad unicorn I will be. I'm confident that the New Day will retain and face off against the League of Nations in four week time at Wrestlemania. I'm expecting this tag team match tonight to be one of the highlights of the show, if they are given the time this could be one of the best matches of the month, there's a good mixture of styles and talents in this match and what they put on together could be really really special. I've heard a lot of people talking about a Jericho heel turn likely to take place tonight and I would one hundred percent back that and I'd love to see it take place. I think it's very likely we could see Jericho turn on Styles at some point during this match or after and if so it would make an interesting development leading up to Mania.

Talking of Kevin Owens and KOMania, the current Intercontinental champion is yet to find an opponent for Wrestlemania. Last week he picked up two losses, one against the big Show on RAW and the other against Dean Ambrose on Smackdown. I don't believe he will benefit badly from either of these loses. He's Kevin Owens, he can get away with a lot but saying that I do think he needs to pick up some momentum and start something fresh for the Wrestlemania. Now, it is most likely that he will defend he's IC Championship in a ladder match in four weeks time as most of us have predicted/suspected. With Dolph Ziggler and The Miz both scoring victories over one another last week and both having a history with the title they're two names that could be added to the picture. Not to mention the Big Show he is currently a favourite as far as participants for an IC Title ladder match goes. If this is the case than a story should start tonight for this match and if it's not announced than more names could be put in the spotlight as a participant also. Something that I would really like to see is Kevin Owens attack AJ Styles during the tag team match to set up a one on one rivalry between those two but I won't be getting my hopes up any time soon on that even though it would be brilliant.

So far I haven't heard anything made official when it comes to Roman Reigns returning tonight and in my eyes everything remains all about Dean Ambrose. As it currently stands he is the man. He's the one I cannot get enough of and is just on one massive roll at the moment. Last week he opened and closed the show as it was made official that this up and coming Saturday he will face off against
Triple H at a network special show for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. This gives Ambrose two things to focus on and two monsters of superstars to battle with, Triple H and Brock Lesnar. Despite picking a mini feud with Triple H Ambrose has made sure to keep us all reminded that he wants to be the one to slay the beat at Wrestlemania and as far as momentum goes after pinning the IC Champion on Smackdown last week he is back on track. There are several matches he could take part in tonight; we could see a rematch between him and Sheamus following the conclusion of their match last week. We could see a title match between Owens and Ambrose, especially considering he never got he's rematch or he could face off against someone like Tyler Breeze just so he can gain more momentum and then take part in a segment or a promo at some point in the show also. It will be interesting seeing if Reigns is back this week and if so what he has planned but it might be best to keep him off of TV for one more week until Ambrose has he's World championship match this weekend.

So they are my predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW. Just so you know I won't be doing a review for the Network special show this weekend but I should be live tweeting and I will make some comments about it in next weeks RAW Predictions. As always you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's RAW are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Top 10 Matches of the month
Top 10 Superstars of the month
TNA Review and Reactions
WWE NXT Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts