My 2018 WWE Wishes

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a good week! So as we approach the middle point of the first week of twenty eighteen I thought we would continue the theme that has been running so far; throughout the past few days, I have been taking a look at some predictions for the year ahead including NXT Call-ups,  superstars to watch and potential new arrivals. I've honestly enjoyed writing these posts so much! And I'm excited to upload more. In today's post, we are going to be looking at some of my two thousand and eighteen WWE wishes. This post will include listing some of my Wrestlemania dream matches, feuds I want to see, and more. I've briefly touched on one of my main wrestling wishes of the year in a post over for SteelChair and the link to that will be bellow! Looking ahead, next week I will start taking a look at the Royal Rumble pay per view and some of my predictions and hopes for that show. I'm also going to be getting back on track with live tweeting and RAW and Smackdown LIVE weekly highlights posts! For now, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including everything from of the year season last month. Finally, you can have your say and get involved telling me what your WWE and Wrestling wishes for the year are by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

The Next Step in the Women's Evolution 

The past few years has been dominated by the women's evolution. After years of poor treatment the women's division was given the push it more than deserved and year by year we have seen things grow stronger and get better. From women main eventing a pay per view, having a hell in a cell match and the first ever women's Money in the Bank ladder match, things are forever improving for women's wrestling. In December it was announced on an episode of Monday Night RAW that for the first time in history a women's Royal Rumble will take place at the Royal Rumble pay per view later this month. About time, finally, the women are being given a match that will allow them to feel just as important and equal to the male superstars while also showing that Wrestlemania is just as big for the female talent. Yet another step ahead this was a huge move for the women's division in the WWE and women's wrestling as a whole and next week I will be talking about the Women's Royal Rumble match in more detail. However, I don't want to see things slow down after this. There is so much more I want to see happen for the women's division including an Elimination Chamber match, something I still believe should have taken place last year. I'd also like to see women compete in more main event spots, given more matches for both RAW and Smackdown LIVE shows as well as pay per views and the division to grow even more. We have already seen such a change in women's wrestling but this is a fight that continues to be fought and with so much passion still running through the women in the locker room and the fans I'm very excited to see what awaits the future.

The Rise of Revival

There is no denying that the Revival is one of the best tag teams in the world today. Their NXT run highlighted just that thanks to their bouts against the likes of DIY and Authors of Pain. The old school feels to what these guys bring to the table is fantastic. They remind you of those older teams ditching the flips and keeping with fists. It's something that at first shot might not be to everyone's taste but it only takes one match to watch from these guys and you're totally on board! These guys are entertaining, gripping and truly the best of the best. Last year Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson finally arrived on the main scene after capturing the NXT Tag team championships twice and having one of the best tag team runs in NXT history. As soon as they arrived on Monday night RAW I was excited. Excited to see them bring their style to the main roster and show the bigger audience what they did NXT universe. However, a series of injuries have set them back big time and it was only December the pair made their return. Despite a rough year I strongly believe that this won't slow down the Revival and hit the breaks on their inevitable push. There is nothing that changes the fact these guys are the best in the business and in two thousand and eighteen I really want to see the rise of the Revival. I want to see them compete against the biggest and best teams on the roster, have their Wrestlemania debut, and of course get their hands on the tag team championships!

New Arrivals 

NXT and the WWE both saw huge new arrivals last year. The likes of Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Riley, Kairi Sane and more changed the game. They kept things down in NXT exciting and fresh and that's something I don't want to see change. Not to mention we also had the UK Divison that has brought something really interesting to the table. In two thousand and eighteen, I wanna see this continue. We know that Shayna Baszler is a name set to make her debut for NXT very soon while rumors of Richocet making his arrival in the WWE are very very strong. I have already written a blog post listing some of the names I would love to see join the WWE this year but I will touch on the fact that the likes of Tessa Blanchard, War Machine, and Rosemary are amongst some of my favorites. NXT is forever growing and as is the WWE as a result, I don't see this changing in the new year. There is always space for new names and I'm excited to see who will join the WWE family this year.


The WWE Championship Main events Wrestlemania/ Styles vs Nakamura 

One of the main issues I had last year was the WWE Championship not being defended in the main event of Wrestlemania after Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble match in January. While the Undertaker vs Roman Reigns was huge especially considering it was likely to be Takers last match this is Wrestlemania and in my head, the WWE Championship match should be the main event especially if a star from Smackdown LIVE won the Royal Rumble. The whole of point of the Royal Rumble match is to win and compete in the main event of Mania. Now, it has once again been rumored for a while now that a Smackdown LIVE star is likely to win the Royal Rumble again with Shinsuke Nakamura being the fan favorite. Nakamura vs Styles for the WWE Championship is my personal fave pick for the Wrestlemania main event. It's something we all pretty much wanna see, it's a big-time match, it's draws a lot of attention and while Shinsuke hasn't had the best run since his call up there is still a big demand for this match not to mention it could easily go down as one of the greatest of all time. This and them main eventing Wrestlemania is something I really really want to see this year!

Daniel Bryan's in-ring Return

Keeping on the theme of Smackdown LIVE I think this is a wrestling wish we all have this year and that, of course, is to see Daniel Bryan make his in-ring return. This is something that we've all been talking about for a long time. It's now public knowledge that Bryan can wrestle again and it's all really in the WWE's hands now. He's made it clear that he wants to wrestle again and it's something that really does have a huge demand from fans even if it is only a one-off match. Now, it has been rumored that Bryan vs Shane McMahon could be in the works and with the build of that kind of starting now maybe it's not impossible. I won't go getting my hopes up just yet but this is something that remains a wish of mine and many many others.

Returns

I do have a blog post coming up where I list some WWE returns I would love to see happen this year so keep an eye out for that very soon! Returns are something we all expect to see every year and recently over the past few years we really have been treated to some from the likes of Sting to Goldberg to Mickie James to the Matt and Jeff Hardy just last year at Wrestlemania and I'm very very excited and interested to see who will join that list this year. Names including Bobby Lashley, EC3, and Kharma are all highly spoken of at the moment and names I will touch on in my up and coming blog post but this is something I really want to see your opinion on! So down in the comments drop me a little comment saying who you would like to see make a return this year to the WWE!

And there we have it! Those are my two thousand and Eighteen WWE Wishes!  you can have your say and get involved telling me what your WWE and Wrestling wishes for the year are by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Top 10 WWE Superstars to Watch in 2018 Part 1
Top 10 WWE Superstars of the Year 2017 Part 2
Top 10 WWE Matches of the Year 2017 Part 2

Comments

Popular Posts