RAW 25 Highlights: Celebrating 25 Years of Monday night RAW

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great start to the week! As I mentioned in last weeks blog posts there has been a slight change to the schedule this week in terms of uploads. I will of course still be uploading every day but instead of a RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights post, we're going to be focusing on Monday Night RAW as the legendary show turns twenty-five and of course, because we're focusing all our attention on RAW I thought it was best to waste no time and upload the review the day after! Things will be returning to normal in a couple of weeks time once Royal Rumble reviews are done also. Now, as we all know, this week celebrates twenty-five years of Monday Night RAW and last nights show took a look back at all those years and celebrated the best and worse moments and the legendary superstars that have graced the stage that is Monday night RAW. The best of the best were put in front of us once again in what was a fun celebratory night I really really enjoyed. In today's blog post we're going to be taking a little look back at some of the highlight moments of the show, my personal favorite moments and finally a little summary. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this week's RAW and what your all-time favorite Monday night RAW moment is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

DX meets The Balor Club

We're going to be kick-starting today's blog post off with one of my personal favourite moments of the entire show! Taking place in the Manhattan center one of my all-time favourite factions graced the ring one more time as D-generation X had everyone up on their feet and louder than ever! Now, you put these guys in a ring together and I can guarantee I'm going to mark out like a mad woman and that is exactly what happened! The energy in the room was so infectious and watching live from home in itself was a special experience especially as someone who grew up watching these guys every week and being the biggest fan. When you then bring out one of my favourite factions of today in the Balor Club again... I'm marking out. Here we have an all-time great faction and one of the teams that have been dominating the world of pro wrestling in and outside the WWE in the Balor Club/Bullet Club. Of course, if we actually had the Bullet Club and DX confrontation then that would have been epic and I probably would have died on the spot but honestly, this was such a highlight and I'm so glad it was done. It really did show the then and now and hopefully it's a little indication of big things to come for both Balor and the Balor club in the months to come.

Elias Samson Sends a Message

Okay, while last nights show was jam-packed full of legends, iconic stars, and a look back at some of the greatest moments in RAW and wrestling history one of the standout moments for me was Elias Samson getting one up on John Cena. Now, it's been highlighted before that the WWE are high on Elias with victories and great matches against the likes of Roman Reigns, Matt Hardy, Finn Balor, and John Cena himself but what we saw from last night was a huge indication that Elias is one to really really pay close attention to. Already a brilliant backstage segment with Chris Jericho previously taking place on the night Elias went down to the ring with his guitar in hand in what was yet another classic Elias segment roasting Brooklyn and WWE legends/guests when he was interrupted by John Cena. Of course, I've been watching wrestling for a long time and so I really did believe this was going to end with Elias laying flat on his back after a beating at the hands of Cena, however, the roles were reversed and instead it was Elias completely in control. Attacking Cena Elias made a huge statement. He stood tall over a sixteen-time world champion and looked damn good. Now, as I've mentioned before, I don't believe a big push is in the horizon for Elias but he keeps having these really strong moments and they do not go unnoticed, I have to say I'm very excited for the year ahead for this guy!

And new Intercontinental Champion...

I'm just gonna say it, the Miz is the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time or at least in my personal opinion anyway. It has reached the point where the title is apart of his character and it just feels wrong for it to not be on him. No one respects that title more than the man himself and whenever he is champion it genuinely feels as though the title actually means something. Over the past two years or so he has been one of the most consistent stars on the roster going from strength to strength to the point where he could work as being Universal or even WWE champion at some point soon also in a dream world. On last nights show Miz took on Roman Reigns for the IC title and while the match wasn't entirely five stars it was one of my personal favourite matches of the night and of course the end result was a standout in itself as the Miz defeated Roman Reigns in true Miz fashion and becoming an eight-time IC champion in the process. I do believe the Miz will make history this year at some point and I cannot wait for it! He really is going from strength to strength and his win last night was a big part of the show and a highlight moment. I know I'm really excited for this reign!

A much-Needed Victory for Bray Wyatt

In my personal opinion, the feud between Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy was kick-started far too early. I do believe they should have spent more time building the broken character and working on getting that to connect more with the casual fans and give these two time to really build on a story that feels as though it could main event Wrestlemania. Saying that I have enjoyed elements of their feud so far but the match last night was key! We all know a far better wrestling match can take place between these two but Wyatt needed that victory and while I was surprised I was very happy with the booking decision. I don't believe he will get the overall win in this feud but these little victories count for something and the momentum he gained here was really important!

Twenty Five Years!

We're wrestling fans we moan at a lot and Monday night RAW is always at the blunt end of things but lets face it, hosting a weekly wrestling show isn't easy at all but for the show to be going for twenty-five years these guys are doing something write and the energy in both arena's said it all. Everyone had a good time, the energy was infectious and even watching from the comfort of my own sofa at home left me full of excitement and it felt as though I was right there;. Featuring stars like the Undertaker, DX, the Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz, Trish Stratus and so much more as well as honoring the women's division, past general managers and the opening to the show alone all felt so special and it was a true nostalgic night. The opening segment between Vince and Shane McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin was a big big moment for me. I grew up the biggest Stone cold fan and the story between him and Vince is truly iconic! Making this probably the moment of the night for me. The energy Austin brings to the table is like nothing else! The night as a whole was just amazing. Very exciting, very fun and at the same time the build to the Royal Rumble pay per view was kept as a focus point. The past twenty-five years have been fantastic and here is to the next twenty-five and more!
As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can get involved and tell me what you thought of this week's RAW and what your all-time favorite Monday night RAW moment is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:



Comments

Popular Posts