This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a brilliant week so far! Okay, so we are around two weeks away from the Royal Rumble pay per view and this week the build-up continued with matches on the card having an even stronger focus and of course both the women's and Men's Royal Rumble match itself was a key feature on both shows this week as expected. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking a look back at this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. I did a better job this week with live tweeting and I cannot wait to get talking about all the major topics from both shows this week! I'm really trying my best to make sure I'm uploading this post every single week, I love writing these, I enjoy watching both RAW and Smackdown LIVE (even though I struggle to get through and keep my eyes open all night every week) and I always look forward to sitting down with a hot drink and writing these up for you. Next week I have a RAW special version of this post going up where I will only be reviewing RAW and not Smackdown LIVE to celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary! Next week will also see Royal Rumble week here on my blog kick start properly! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. And finally, you can have your say and tell me what you thought of both shows by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 


Braun Strowman... Braun Freaking Strowman

Where do I even begin? I'm pretty sure at this point I could dedicate a weekly post dedicated to why I love Braun Strowman. Just when you think he can't take things any further and show his dominance, even more, he goes ahead and proves you wrong. During last weeks show he took out both Brock Lesnar and Kane as well as the WWE set and this week Strowman went on a warpath yet again! After being fired by Kurt Angle Strowman took it upon himself to shut down Monday night RAW taking out everyone and everything in sight. From security to referees, from roster talent to a cake, Strowman made a huge impact yet again topping things off by tipping over another vehicle and almost murdering Michale Cole. He was in the end given his job back via orders of Stephanie McMahon but the whole story told throughout that hour was fantastic. I was left staying up waiting to see what he was going to do next and everything he did do was fantastic. His mic work and the little touches made to the segment like eating a slice of cake allowed him to connect with the WWE universe even more and at this point, I do not understand why the WWE would not have him walk out of the Rumble pay per view next weekend as the Universal Champion. 

Two of the Most dominant Women in the WWE Collide

This weeks episode of Monday night RAW also saw two of the most dominant women in the WWE today go head to head as Nia Jax and Asuka went toe to toe. These two women have previously competed in a solid matchup over on NXT and their collision this week was actually rather decent. Okay, so it wasn't as long or as good but there was a strong story being told and come the end of the match both women walked out without their momentum harmed too much. Asuka did pick up yet another victory allowing her reign of dominance to continue after taking out Jax injuring her knee meaning she was unable to continue on with the match. The fact Nia didn't take a pin or submission loss says a lot but also adds to just how dangerous Asuka is. If she can bring Nia Jax of all people to the point where she can no longer compete then the champ has a lot to worry about!

The Return of the Curb Stomp

And to conclude the RAW section of this post, we have to take a look at the main event. Honestly, a really really good match. Easily my favourite WWE match of January so far as Seth Rollins and Finn Balor went one on one in a true must see. History has proven that these two are both phenomenal in-ring performers and when put together wrestling magic happens. This match in particular once again proved that. The story being told was fantastic but in all honesty, seeing Seth Rollins and Finn  Balor go one on one is always going to draw massive attention from hardcore fans and boy did they not disappoint. They squared off in an action-packed, fun and rather intense contest that had me and everyone else hooked throughout. The work from everyone on the outside added to the intensity but the highlight of the entire match just had to be that ending as Seth Rollins out nowhere hit the curb stomp/blackout. Honestly, I marked out like a mad woman. This was always one of my favourite moves from Rollins arsenal and I'm very happy to see it back even if it's just something he uses every now and then. A surprise little twist ending but things are really looking very interesting in this whole little section of the roster. This is for sure an area to keep your eyes on as stories and relationships grow and develop.

It's All About the United States Championship

This weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE was all about the United States Championship as the tournament to crown a new champ continued and concluded. The opening match saw Jinder Mahal defeat Xavier Woods to advance and later on in the show Bobby Roode got a victory over Mojo Rawley to also advance. I wasn't surprised with these two wins at all. I predicted these to be the final from the beginning and it works. Jinder needed to keep his momentum high after losing the WWE championship and this was the best way to do that. The pair did end up main eventing the show this week to finally crown the new champion instead of the match taking place and again I liked the move. It meant that the focus on the night really was the US Championship and it did a lot for both these stars and the actual title. Now, I didn't really enjoy any of the three matches but that really did come down to personal preference. I had Bobby Roode down as the favourite to win and so I wasn't really surprised but I liked the intensity that ran throughout them all and the fact any one of the final four could have got the win and it would have made sense. Roode is, of course, the perfect pick for the win and I'm excited to see his reign really kick start!

And that was this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE. I have to say that I did enjoy RAW a lot more than Smackdown LIVE this week but I really liked the focus over on the blue brand this week also! Next week I will be focusing mainly on the RAW twenty five episode but things will return to normal, reviewing both shows the following week! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights. And finally, you can have your say and tell me what you thought of both shows by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent Blog Posts:


Comments

Popular Posts