NXT Takeover: Philadelphia Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had another awesome week. Now, as we know, this up and coming weekend is a big one for us wrestling fans. With the stars of NXT Taking over Philadelphia on Saturday and the men and women of Smackdown LIVE hosting the two thousand and eighteen Royal Rumble pay per view the road to Wrestlemania is set to kick start with a bang! Throughout the week I have been focusing on predictions for both these shows but in today's blog post I'm going to be taking an in-depth look at NXT Takeover: Philadelphia in my full show predictions. It's become a tradition here on my blog to make a predictions post for every takeover event and with this month's looking to be yet another true must see I, of course, had to keep the tradition alive! We have a full card to dissect today from an NXT women's championship match, a no disqualification match and a main event that promises to sure be an interesting and entertaining contest. This weekend I will be live tweeting throughout both the Royal Rumble and NXT Takeover so make sure you're following me over there! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW special highlights post and all my Royal Rumble predictions I have already uploaded! Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both these shows by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

This post was Pre written 2 weeks ago!

NXT Goes Extreme Rules

I'm going to be kick-starting today's blog post off with the match on the card I am most looking forward to; the extreme rules contest between Adam Cole and Aleister Black. Two of NXT biggest and most popular stars are set to collide for the first time in one on one action this weekend in an Extreme Rules match. This came about after several attacks the Undisputed Era took to Black and while the feud hasn't focused on a personal in-depth story, Cole has made an enemy of a man I'm sure he will regret doing so and their collision this weekend is a sure must see! Now, I'm confident that this could very easily be our first potential match of the year candidate for the WWE in twenty eighteen with the likelihood of this not only being the match of the night but of the entire weekend. Here we have two stars who are rather different yet their skill, intensity, popularity, and brutality is something they really do share. This will be the first time we get to see an even darker side to Aleister's character and honestly, I'm very excited about the outcome. Black has a very intense and skilled aurora and move set and so when you open up the table for him to be able to use whatever objects he wants to take his opponent down things are sure to get messy and very very entertaining. Both these men are for sure future champions whether that be down in NXT or the main roster and I'm confident they will prove exactly why once again this weekend! As far as who wins, I'm going to have to go with Black. He's yet to really get the upper hand over Cole and the win will put him right back where he needs to be. However, if the rest of the Undisputed Era get involved than a victory for Cole will serve as a great next step in pushing these guys further up the roster as a dominant team to seriously keep your eyes on.
Black is a rumored name to work as a surprise entrant in the Rumble on Sunday and with his main roster debut something sure to take place at some point this year that too is something to consider.

Can Johnnny Gargano win the Big One?

Andrade Cien Almas' victory at the last Takeover event was one of the biggest surprise moments of the year as he captured the NXT Championship defeating Drew McIntyre in what was an epic contest. This weekend Andrade will defend his his title against Johnny Gargano in yet another must see match up. We've seen these two superstars face off in the past and have proven that in a short space of time they can deliver one heck of a match and now provided with an even bigger slot on the card this is one heck of a promising match up! These guys are two extremely talented superstars who truly have won over the hearts of the fans. Now, there is a respect for Andrade amongst the NXT universe and it's clear that fans love watching him compete when he is at his best but there is no denying the simple fact that Gargano is one of the biggest babyfaces in the WWE as a whole today. Now, when we take a look at this match there are so many different possible outcomes. I personally would love to see Gargano as champ! He's something completely different to what we have had in a while when it comes to the NXT championship scene and his heart, passion, and popularity make him champion worthy in every sense of the word, however, Andrade hasn't had the title for very long at all and I don't believe he will be dropping the title this early. However, there are so many little things that could go down.

We've seen the story between Andrade and Gargano go on for quite some time now and Zelina Vega has been a big part of both the story and this new spark in Andrade's career. With rumors of Candice LeRae signing with the WWE it's possible she could make an appearance this weekend to make things a little more even and fair but there isn't just a possible debut but instead a return. It's been almost a year since the split of DIY and I've been waiting the whole time to see that story continue and what better night for Ciampa to return than Saturday at Takeover either costing Gargano the title or attacking him after maybe Johnny Wrestling scores the victory allowing the pair to feud for the title next. There are so many options here and honestly, I'm super excited about this match. I'm expecting a very strong wrestling match that could easily rank as a very early match of the year candidate as well as one of the best matches of the weekend. The expectations are high for both the match and the storytelling here

Can the Queen of Spades Capture Gold?

One match I'm very interested in watching this coming Saturday is the NXT Women's championship match current champ Ember Moon and Mae Young Classic finalist Shayna Baszler. Now, I'm pretty sure the whole worlds knows by now that I'm legit obsessed with Baszler and while seeing her get a title match this early doesn't surprise me in the slightest I'm very happy for her! Love her or hate her she is bringing something different to the division that really does work. She's a genuine badass that I cannot wait to see progress in the future. This is a very interesting match. Ember is a very skilled wrestler while Baszler is still fairly new to the wrestling world and their styles clashing this weekend should make for an interesting matchup. I don't believe this will be one of the strongest contests of the night but the end result is sure to be controversial. Now, it took Ember a very long time to get her hands on the NXT women's championship and so losing it so early into her reign is something that doesn't sit too well with me, however, Baszler has been an unstoppable force from the moment she arrived in NXT and I'm not sure reducing her momentum so drastically will help anyone. Ember is one of the favourites as an NXT entrant for the women's Royal Rumble this weekend also and so it would make sense for her to drop the title if she is to make the transition to the main roster full time soon. Baszler does need to keep her momentum high and if she can walk out with the title it pushes her as an even bigger heel and sets everyone's eyes on her. There are so many different stories the WWE can do with Baszler especially with Kiari Sane in the future my only issue is of course how often we are going to see this title change hands this year. Saying that I do believe we're going to get a title change this weekend during this match.

Authors of Pain vs The Undisputed Era

I will be the first to admit that I'm growing tired of seeing the same three teams challenge for the NXT Tag team Championships, however, with Sanity and the Authors of Pain likely to join the main roster at some point this year it looks as though we may be seeing a change in the coming months. However, for this weekend the Authors of Pain will once again challenge for the titles this time against the Undisputed Era. These guys do have good chemistry and we know they are capable of delivering one heck of a match as we have seen from previous encounters and I do believe this is going to be another to add to the list. I'm not expecting a title change at all here but I'm sure expecting this to be one heck of a strong tag team match that shows the Authors of Pain to be one of the best and most dominant teams in the WWE today as they prepare for their jump to the main roster. The Undisputed Era is continuing their reign of dominance at the moment and I can't see their moment going down anytime soon. However, I do look forward to seeing other teams step up and changes made to the division!

And there we have it! As always I'm really looking forward to this Takeover event. We have a couple of matches that really do promise a strong, interesting, and entertaining result and I'm expecting the show as always to put the main roster talent under a lot of pressure to deliver. I believe the main event is one to really pay attention with the chance of things getting really interesting there! A couple of title changes may be on the cards as well but for me, the match I'm most looking forward to is Aleister Black vs Adam Cole! I will, of course, be live tweeting throughout NXT Takeover and the Royal Rumble so make sure you're following me over there! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW special highlights post and all my Royal Rumble predictions I have already uploaded! Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both these shows by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Potential Women's Royal Rumble Winners
RAW 25 Highlights: Celebrating 25 Years of Monday night RAW
Potential Mens Royal Rumble Winners 2018
Possible Royal Rumble Surprise Entrants
Surprise Returns We Want to see in the Women's Royal Rumble

Comments

Popular Posts