Potential Women's Royal Rumble Winners

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had another awesome week. Now, as we know, this up and coming weekend is a big one for us wrestling fans. With the stars of NXT Taking over Philadelphia on Saturday and the men and women of Smackdown LIVE hosting the two thousand and eighteen Royal Rumble pay per view the road to Wrestlemania is set to kick start with a bang! Throughout the week I have been focusing on predictions for both these shows and today's post will be the last in the mini prediction series. We have already taken a look at the potential male Royal Rumble winners of the year but today's post will be taking a look at the historic first ever Women's Royal Rumble and some of the potential winners there! I have tried my best to shake things up and include a variety of different names but I have stuck to the most likely rather than who I personally would like to see get the win!This weekend I will be live tweeting throughout both the Royal Rumble and NXT Takeover so make sure you're following me over there! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW special highlights post and all my Royal Rumble predictions I have already uploaded! Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both these shows by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Asuka 
  Of course, we have to kick start today's blog post off with the most likely of winners, Asuka. The moment the Women's Royal Rumble was announced Asuka has been the name to pop up in everyone's predictions in terms of who is walking out the victor. Her reign of dominance is standing strong and as she currently sits undefeated picking up the victory this Sunday seems like a guarantee. It's evident the WWE has no plans on slowing down the empress of tomorrow and so pushing her to the next level will, of course, involve Asuka competing for and then winning the RAW Women's championship. Now, I don't doubt Asuka will be crowned champion either before or on Wrestlemania day whether she wins the rumble or not. Personally, she's not the women I'm  backing despite it currently looking as though she is going to get the win. Losing this Sunday doesn't affect her undefeated streak considering she will not be pinned or submitted however regardless she is sure one to watch and a certain key player in this match sure to be one of the biggest standouts.

Nia Jax

Seeing as we just mentioned her, up next is Nia Jax. Likely to be the most dominant force in this match Nia is a strong contender in the first ever Women's Royal Rumbler. Her size advantage automatically makes her a favorite for the win and ensure that regardless of the end result Jax is sure to make a big impact on the night. From setting the elimination record to hands down having the strongest and most dominant performance of the night. She's one of the women I'm most excited about seeing perform in this match and as I've previously mentioned in other blog posts and on social media if there are any women aside from Asuka that's apart of the RAW roster I believe could win the rumble, Nia is my number one pick. There's a story to be told between both her and Asuka and Jax and Bliss that with the right build could easily be Wrestlemania worthy. I personally really do want to see Nia as champion at some point and given an even bigger push and the Rumble is a great starting point. Jax is most certainly one to watch in this match up!

Ronda Rousey

I'm pretty sure that everyone's pick for the winner of the first ever Women's Royal Rumble is the one and only Ronda Rousey. While she has never made an NXT appearance or wrestled for any WWE or pro wrestling match Ronda has been the biggest name mentioned whenever the discussion of this certain match is brought up. There have been rumors for months regarding Rousey signing with the company and one of the biggest matches rumored for Wrestlemania this year is, of course, Charlotte vs Ronda Rousey. I personally have to pick Ronda as my favorite for the win. I've wanted to see the four horsewomen vs the Four Horsewomen for a while now and I do believe this is the starting point to building that match up. Not to mention that Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair is a match that could so easily main event a major pay per view and I would even go as far to say that with the right build it's strong enough to main event Wrestlemania. now, I don't know about you but I think I would much prefer to see that in the main event spot than Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar... At this point, Rousey is still just a rumored name to even enter the Rumble but if she is the last face to come out to this match on Sunday then there is no doubt in my mind this woman is making history yet again.

Sasha Banks

When I was writing the notes for this blog post I really struggled to see past the three names I have already mentioned. They are easily the top names being mentioned right now in terms of winning but we have to look a little wider here and when done so Banks was the first name I just had to mention. If we think about what match is Wrestlemania worthy and will help the division for the biggest night of the year then Banks vs Asuka in my eyes is what has the money. As I just mentioned, in my eyes nothing will top Rousey vs Charlotte, however, focusing on the RAW brand there is a lot to come from Sasha vs Asuka. With enough time these women could deliver one heck of a match that could so easily steal the show. I don't doubt for a single second that Banks will have a very strong performance on the night and I'm interested to see the role she plays here and if it could possibly set up a future heel turn but I do feel as though she is a potential winner at this point or at least a name to consider to be in the final four.

Becky Lynch
Okay, if you know me then you probably will know that Becky Lynch is not going to be the women I'm rooting for in this history-making Women's Royal Rumble. Yes, she has been apart of some brilliant matches throughout her career but as I've mentioned before, I'm not her biggest fan. However, she is a name I have seen pop up time and time again when talking about this match. People love an underdog/the perfect baby face and Becky are just that. She's the unlikely winner fans are getting behind and while it may not be as big as the names we have already mentioned in today's post it's yet another historic moment for Lynch which in all honesty she deserves. We all know Becky deserves way better than she gets and maybe a  big surprise win on Sunday may just be what she needs and the start of something even bigger for her.

And there we have it! That is my list. Now, originally, Paige was one of my favourites for the win but we all know the issues there. The likes of a surprise legend winning like Trish Stratus is also not impossible and something to consider but in all honesty, I'm just super excited for this match and seeing who comes out on top but in the end, this is one big woman for women's wrestling regardless! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW special highlights post and all my Royal Rumble predictions I have already uploaded! Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both these shows by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
RAW 25 Highlights: Celebrating 25 Years of Monday night RAW
Potential Mens Royal Rumble Winners 2018
Possible Royal Rumble Surprise Entrants
Surprise Returns We Want to see in the Women's Royal Rumble




Comments

Popular Posts