Potential Mens Royal Rumble Winners 2018

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a good week so far! Now, we are not too far away from the two thousand and eighteen Royal Rumble pay per view and what a historic, unpredictable and entertaining show we look to have coming up! Throughout the next few days or so I'm going to be focusing solely on the Royal Rumble pay per view and NXT Takeover show here on my blog providing you with more in-depth predictions for both cards. In today's post, we are going to be taking a look at some of the potential male Royal Rumble winners for this year. Now, I have been asked a lot recently who I think could walk out the two thousand and eighteen Royal Rumble winner and I have to admit that I've struggled with an answer. Shinsuke Nakamura was my first pick but my mind does keep changing a lot and I'm still uncertain as to who exactly could be taking home the victory this year. The Royal Rumble is always the most exciting and unpredictable night of the year in the world of pro wrestling and while I have been disappointed with the end result for the past few years I always come back every single year just as excited! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what your predictions are and who you believe could get the win this year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Roman Reigns

Okay, let me just first say that Roman Reigns is not my Royal Rumble winner pick for the year. He isn't someone I want to see win, it's not a victory that will go down well with fans and I don't believe it's the right move for him, however, I am certain the Wrestlemania main event this year/Universal Championship match will be Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar no matter how much I don't want to see it. Of course, Reigns winning again would massively controversial and we would be likely to see an identical reaction to his previous Rumble win and the WWE would be very stupid or very brave to book it again. However, I'm not ruling this out at all. It ensures Reigns gets a title match against Lesnar at Mania (that's predicting he keeps hold of the title in the night's triple threat) and I'm confident Reigns will be dropping that title very soon to move onto the Universal championship picture. Again, it's controversial and a huge risk but Roman is not a name I'm ruling out for the victory this year.

Shinsuke Nakamura

As I mentioned in the intro to this post, Shinsuke Nakamura has always been my favorite for the winner of the two thousand and eighteen Royal Rumble match. I've mentioned time and time again that I want nothing more to main event Wrestlemania this year than AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura but I won't deny the fact that I do have my doubts. Now, there is no denying these two could so easily not only deliver the match of the night at Mania but one that could go down in WWE and pro wrestling history. It's a match the hardcore fans want and there's no doubt in my mind the match itself would be spectacular. The issue I do have, however, boils down to Nakamura himself. Now, it's not his fault but since joining the main roster things have gone south for the King of Strongstyle and it's massively noticeable. The WWE have done an awful job booking him week in and week out and his loss to Jinder Mahal is something that still haunts the former NXT Champion. His run down in NXT is miles ahead of what we have seen from since he joined the blue brand and it's such a shame. We've now reached a point where there is doubt as to whether or not fans would care enough if he was to win the Rumble this up and coming Sunday. However, he does remain, my personal favourite and I would love to see him go on and get the victory at this year's Rumble.

John Cena

Up next is yet another name I'm not entirely sure on but I do understand that he is a popular pick this year and I would not be surprised. Now, regardless of who walks into Wrestlemania this year as WWE champion, I'm confident that somewhere down the line whether it be Mania or after, John Cena is coming for that record. I don't doubt that at some point whinin the next year he will beat Flairs record and make history and one step that will bring him closer to doing so is winning the Royal Rumble match. Now, as always there are so many rumors surfacing in regards to what Cena will be doing at Mania this year from challenging for the WWE Championship to taking on the Undertaker. Regardless, whatever he does it's bound to be something big especially considering his news schedule. The fact he is even in this years Rumble is a huge indication the sixteen-time world champion could be getting yet another Rumble victory and I'm most certainly going to be glued to my screen the moment his music hits on Sunday night.

Finn Balor

Right, so this next name is pretty much a dream booking situation. Things haven't been all too great for the former NXT champion, Finn Balor the past few months, in fact, since returning from his injury last year he's really struggled to climb back to the top and where he's supposed to be on the roster. However, in recent weeks his alliance with Anderson and Gallows aka the Balor Club has given him the edge he needs and the step in the right direction we've all been waiting for. Now, to suggest he could go on to win the Royal Rumble is a long shot to say the least but not impossible. If Balor was to make the move to Smackdown LIVE then this is something that could be huge. The Balor Club reuniting fully means that there is nothing I would love more than to see all three of those men move over to the blue brand and kick-start a feud with the phenomenal one, AJ Styles. That right there is Wrestlemania worthy in itself. Of course, I doubt there will be any roster swaps before Wrestlemania but say there was... than Balor winning the Rumble may not be as far-fetched as we may think it is right now.

Kevin Owens

The story of Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens I'm sure will go down in history one day. Throughout their rivalry the two competed in a handful of fantastic matches both in NXT and up on the main roster and seeing their friendship back to life as we speak has been a brilliant touch to their story. However, just how long will the peace last? I mean, when it comes to Owens' "best friends" just ask Chris Jericho how things turned out! Eventually, these two will butt heads and go one on one again and why not this time for something even bigger, the WWE championship. As I'm writing this, AJ Styles is set to defend the title against Zayn and if the former NXT Champion can get the win then this may happen just a little bit sooner. Now, there are plenty of ways this could go down. Owens could win on his own, the help of Zayn if Zayn doesn't manage to defeat Styles, or so on. Owens is the most unlikely winner I have on this list today but not an impossible pick and I'll most certainly be interested in seeing what happens on the night for these two regardless.

Braun Strowman

So Braun Strowman is set to compete in the triple threat Universal Championship match on the night of the Rumble and you can check out my predictions for that match very soon! Now, he is the man I want to see leave the night as champion but say he doesn't get the win then whats to say that he doesn't go on to cause even more caous and make an even bigger impact later on in the night in the Royal Rumble match. I'm confident Braun is going to have a huge year and twenty eighteen will be the best for him regardless of what happens in that title match on Sunday. He remains a name I keep seeing pop up in regards to potential Royal Rumble winners and the night for sure is going to be an interesting one for the monster among men.

And there we have it! I have to admit that I'm a little all over the place in terms of this years Royal Rumble but it's still a night I cannot wait for! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what your predictions are and who you believe could get the win this year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Possible Royal Rumble Surprise Entrants
Surprise Returns We Want to see in the Women's Royal Rumble
This weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights
My Top 12 WWE Matches of the past 10 Years Part 1

Comments

Popular Posts