Royal Rumble Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had another awesome week. Now, as we know, this up and coming weekend is a big one for us wrestling fans. With the stars of NXT Taking over Philadelphia on Saturday and the men and women of Smackdown LIVE hosting the two thousand and eighteen Royal Rumble pay per view the road to Wrestlemania is set to kick start with a bang! Throughout the week I have been focusing on predictions for both these shows but in today's blog post I'm going to be taking an in-depth look at the Royal Rumble card. We have spent so much time this week focusing on the Rumble matches and today it's time to pay attention to the rest of the matches on the card!This Sunday promises to be a big and eventful night and we have some really awesome matches to look forward to with outcomes that could really shake things up for Wrestlemania. It's here today we're going to make our predictions for those other matches on the card and I cannot wait to dive into them! This weekend I will be live tweeting throughout both the Royal Rumble and NXT Takeover so make sure you're following me over there! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW special highlights post and all my Royal Rumble predictions I have already uploaded! Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both these shows by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

The Usos vs Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin

One of the match I am most looking forward to this weekend as a whole is the Smackdown LIVE Tag team championship match between current champs the Usos and Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin. With controversial previous encounters, the two teams are set to face off in a two out of three falls match which promises to be one of the best contests of the night. Previous matches involving these teams have been fantastic but just not quite long enough and I'm hoping this Sunday these guys are given a strong slot on the card that allows them enough time to really make an impact especially considering this could so easily be an early match of the candidate. I don't see the title changes hands at all here but if the match is strong enough then I'm confident the challenges can walk out looking better than ever and receive a new found respect and interest from the fans. Personally, I haven't enjoyed Gable and Benjamin working together as much as I'd hoped but I think we all know this is sure to be an epic tag team title match. In the future, I do want to see Rusev Day capture the titles or Harper and Rowan and depending on what we see this weekend we should be able to get an interesting idea on what the next few months hold on the road to Mania. As far as this match goes I'm expecting plenty of close calls and gripping action may be the challenges picking up the first fall to prove a point but this should be a very entertaining match regardless! 


The 2 on 1 Handicap match

Now, this really is an interesting one, as AJ Styles is set to defend the WWE Championship match in a two on one handicap match. If I'm being totally honest I haven't enjoyed the work from the WWE Championship picture in a while and this has been no different. I've really struggled to enjoy and invest in the current storyline and while this match is different and I'm sure we're going to get some brilliant twists and wrestling I'm just not sold. The focus here has been far more on Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan and it's their conflict that's made this match even a thing. Now, as I said, I do believe the wrestling here is going to be pretty spectacular and I think the end result will set up an interesting journey over the next few months on the road to Wrestlemania. Who do I think is winning? Well, personally, I want to see Styles walk into Mania as champ and I do feel as though regardless of what happens this weekend that will happen, however, I am predicting a win for Owens and Zayn. It allows the story that's being told to continue, things to heat up between Bryan and Shane while also giving Zayn his first main roster championship. This is defiantly one of the more unpredictable and interesting matches on the card and I will be paying close attention but hopefully, things shake up over the next few months. We can also expect some kind of involvement/interference from either Daniel Bryan or/and Shane McMahon in this match. 

Brock Lesnar vs Kane vs Braun Strowman

And finally, we have the WWE Universal Championship match which will see Brock Lesnar defend the title in a triple threat against Braun Strowman and Kane. If I'm  being honest, when this match was first announced I wasn't very excited at all. I wasn't completely sold on Kane vs Strowman and it took a while to invest in the now triple threat. However, the build-up has changed things around completely. Throughout, all three men have had a decent build with the main focus really being on Strowman who of course is my pick for the win this weekend. There is no one right now I would love to see as champion more than Braun Strowman. He's spent the past year proving time and time again why he is a worthy champion and why exactly the title should be resting on his shoulders. Sure the chances of Lesnar vs Reigns as the Wrestlemania main event/Universal Championship match are high but I have to go with Strowman, it's his time! The build-up for this match has seen so many barbaric segments and spots that I've been given no other reason than to be excited about the triple threat. Here we have three absolute monsters and while the prospect of three big guys going at it in a title match doesn't leave me to believe we're going to get wrestling magic I do believe there is a huge possibility we're going to be treated to some epic spots and a night that will Strowman whenever the leaves the victor or not as an even bigger star than he is right now.
I do believe Kane has been put in this match to take the pin either by Brock or Strowman but I wouldn't rule out a surprise victory to shock us all. Sure it's very unlikely but after all this is the WWE. However, I do think that the win does lean more to either Braun or Brock. The chances are much high of Lesnar retaining but come on... I'm pretty sure the majority of fans are behind the monster among men on this one!

And those are my final Royal Rumble Predictions for this weekend!As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this week's RAW special highlights post and all my Royal Rumble predictions I have already uploaded! Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both these shows by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:

Comments

Popular Posts