Money In The Bank predictions: John Cena VS Kevin Owens

Elimination Chamber Rematch 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are well and good! So, this Sunday, live on the WWE Network we will see the two thousand and fifteen Money in the bank pay per view take place and what a show we have awaiting us. The booking for the pay per view is very very strong and I cannot wait to see how it will play out this weekend. After a phenomenal Elimination Chamber show, the WWE are under a lot of pressure to deliver once again and take it up a notch, but with a card like this I'm very very positive and excited to see how it will all play out. Throughout this week right up until Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for each and every single match set to take place this Sunday. I will be taking you back to the last show commenting on what I thought about the superstars previous work and month and how that will contribute to their performance this weekend and then finally I will get into my bold predictions. On the actual pay per view day I will of course be live tweeting and make my picks for the night known. Monday I will be uploading my Review and Reactions post in the morning (UK time) along with my RAW Predictions. There's plenty to get through in this blog post so I don't want to waste any time, but before we jump into things I have a couple of reminders and updates for you. You will all know by now that NXT month is returning to my blog very very soon and I do plan to start pre posting late this week so if you have any requests do please leave a comment bellow and I'll be sure to get onto writing some of them up. Hopefully I will also be have more information and updates surrounding my podcast later this month also, so there's to look forward to as well. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post including my top fifteen superstars and top twenty matches of the month post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this Sundays pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

This Sunday, live on the WWE Network and cable TV, John Cena will once again take on the NXT Champion Kevin Owens in an Elimination Chamber rematch, at the Money in the bank pay per view. After having a phenomenal match only a couple of weeks back these two superstars have set the bar high for themselves and with the steaks higher than before what till the two champions do to prove they are the better man? Can they put on another outstanding match? And can Kevin Owens make it two and O against the fifteen time world champion? In today's blog post I take a look back at what both these superstars have been up to over the past month and how that will contribute to their performance this weekend. I will then make my last big predictions closing today's blog post. With so much to get through lets waste no time and jump right into things!

Today we are first going to be taking a look at John Cena. The first half of two thousand and fifteen has seen John take a major step back. With superstars like Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Dean Ambrose taking centre stage for the WWE World Heavyweight championship since February it's allowed John to adopt a new told on the roster. The role being creating the future and helping put over the new guys in town. He's feud with Rusev was one of my favourites of the year and he did a great job making him look good and setting him off in the right tracks. Since becoming the United States champion we have seen some strong matches from Cena as he has take on some of the most underrated, unsterilised talents on the roster. I think what we are all starting is to develop a new level of respect for Cena. I personally have never been a Cena fan but I have always respected him for the things he has done in the WWE and what he has brought to the company. Last month we saw Kevin Owens arrive on the main roster and challenge Cena. It was only two weeks ago that we saw the NXT champion take on John at the Elimination Chamber, network special, where the two had one of the best matches I have seen this year. It was hands down a match of the year quality match and one that no one has been able to stop talking about since. Everything about it was just spectacular. John did such a good job in giving Owens the spotlight and he honestly brought out the best in him. I think it's so amazing how willing John is to put over new talent and give them their time. You won't find many older talents willing to do the things that John does. It really shows how passionate he is about the WWE and the future. He still had a stand out performance on he's own but it really was the night a star was born in Kevin Owens. If I'm being totally honest, I haven't been all that sure on the idea of a rematch between these two. In my opinion I just feel like there was no need for it to continue and I've been very worried about the momentum going from Owens if he picks up another loss. But with the amazing promos and segments from these two over the past couple of weeks I cannot deny at all that I'm seriously looking forward to this match up. I do think it has the ability to steal the show yet again. For once we haven't seen Cena take all of the spotlight and for once their is unpredictability in a Cena feud and I really am enjoying every part of the work between these two superstars. I think this weekend their match will be very very interesting and after Owens surprising win last time, everyone is going to be on the edge of their seats throughout this one. Just like with the feud between Cena and Lesnar, this time round Cena is going to want to take more control in the early stages and we will see that right from the very start. He's walking into this knowing what Owens is capable of and he really isn't going to be holding back. That means we're going to see that tougher side to Cena but I do think this is going to be another Owens driven match. I think the early stages will see Cena take control and dominate greatly but all round it's going to be an Owens night. Now, I am going to be backing the NXT champion once again this weekend but realistically it looks as though John is leaving this one with the upper hand. I can't see the WWE letting Owens  defeat John on two straight separate occasions. It wouldn't make sense for them to have the United States champion loose two matches to a man that is still down in NXT and on that roster.

Last month Kevin Owens was put as my superstar of the Month and I will link that full post bellow but I'm going to insert what I wrote in that post about him so here it is:
"And finally, this month's superstar of the month is none other than the one and only, Kevin Owens. This will come to no surprise to you all, when we look back at the month of May there really was only one stand out. When I was going back over all my notes the name Kevin Owens was popping up all the time. Week after week I had him down as my stand of the night. He's someone that it didn't matter if we were watching RAW, Smackdown, or NXT we were still hearing the name Kevin Owens. At the start of the month we saw him compete weekly on NXT, where he cut strong promos and was involved in great segments, selling he's Takeover match perfectly. Then when NXT Takeover Unstoppable did role around he put on another solid main event where he proved yet again that he is one of the most dominate forces in NXT and WWE history. He had a huge title defence and once again left an injured Sami Zayn laying in the arena. He also kick started a new feud on the same night against Samoa Joe and you guys all know that I marked out like crazy on this night at this very moment. Now, NXT Takeover wasn't just where Owens made an impact this month, as he made he's RAW debut, answering John Cena's open challenge for the United States Championship. However, when he arrived Owens did classic Owens and made sure that everyone knew he was not a Cena fan and things were not going to go the way the fifteen time world champion thought they would. He told
Cena that he was not a rookie and that he had been wrestling longer than he had. He also told him that they would fight but it would be on he's terms. From then the WWE spent two weeks building up a big feud between the face of NXT and the face of the WWE main roster. It very quickly became my favourite feud going and I was very very vocal about that. At Elimination chamber they had one of the best matches I have seen all year round and one that no one has stopped talking about since it took place. Owens dominated most of the match and owned the entire show. In the end he picked up a huge, surprising win over the fifteen time world champion and delivered an outstanding, phenomenal promo at the end making a huge statement. I think this was by far the best debut match I have ever seen and it was a huge statement from the WWE. Not many people can say the defeated the fifteen time world champion and face of the WWE, John Cena in their first match. May was by far the month of Kevin Owens and I predicted an even bigger June for him."

When it comes to this weekend there's no doubt that Kevin Owens is going to be another stand out of yet another WWE live show. He has been on such a roll over the past month and there is nothing stopping him. He's by far one of the most destructive, barbaric, ruthless  men on the roster. He's got such a wide, diverse move set and it means that he's very unpredictable in the sense you never know what he's going to pull out of the bag next. What we can always expect from him however is great story telling and phenomenal wrestling. Whenever he is in that ring he takes control and stays in control. He's history down in NXT proves alone that he is a champion to feat and throughout he's feud with Cena he has continued to prove that. I'm very very interested in seeing how this match @TezangiVictoria.
plays out. It could honestly go either way and with the surprise at Elimination Chamber we can expect the unexpected. As I said earlier, these guys put on a phenomenal match a couple of weeks back and topping that is going to e extremely difficult but I do think they can do it. The end result is going to be interesting. I doubt very much that the WWE will let Owens get another win over the fifteen time world champion but it's nothing we should rule out any time soon. This will be a very very physical match with some amazing story telling. The storyline of Owens wanting to get rid of super Cena and brining in the story about he's son has made the feud so much more interesting and has really generated some heat and divided the WWE universe. I personally think that Owens will be ok if he looses to Cena this weekend. He will jump back perfectly fine and he still has loads of work to do down in NXT. However, if the WWE are serious about creating and changing the future of the WWE then the best thing to do is most probably to stick with Owens as our winner. But who are you supporting and what are your prediction? Leave a comment bellow letting me know what you think or tweet me at

Comments

Popular Posts