Money In The Bank Predictions: Nikki Bella VS Paige

Divas Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are well and good! So, this Sunday, live on the WWE Network we will see the two thousand and fifteen Money in the bank pay per view take place and what a show we have awaiting us. The booking for the pay per view is very very strong and I cannot wait to see how it will play out this weekend. After a phenomenal Elimination Chamber show, the WWE are under a lot of pressure to deliver once again and take it up a notch, but with a card like this I'm very very positive and excited to see how it will all play out. Throughout this week right up until Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for each and every single match set to take place this Sunday. I will be taking you back to the last show commenting on what I thought about the superstars previous work and month and how that will contribute to their performance this weekend and then finally I will get into my bold predictions. On the actual pay per view day I will of course be live tweeting and make my picks for the night known. Monday I will be uploading my Review and Reactions post in the morning (UK time) along with my RAW Predictions. There's plenty to get through in this blog post so I don't want to waste any time, but before we jump into things I have a couple of reminders and updates for you. You will all know by now that NXT month is returning to my blog very very soon and I do plan to start pre posting late this week so if you have any requests do please leave a comment bellow and I'll be sure to get onto writing some of them up. Hopefully I will also be have more information and updates surrounding my podcast later this month also, so there's to look forward to as well. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post including my top fifteen superstars and top twenty matches of the month post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this Sundays pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

This Sunday at the Money In The Bank pay per view live on the WWE Network, Nikki Bella will once again defend her divas championship against long time rival and two time champion, Paige. Since January these two divas have been going at it and this weekend things are set to come to a dramatic end as Nikki puts her title on the line more last time against the anti diva, but who will be leaving with silver and pink around their waist? Will it be the longest reigning champion on the roster right now and face of Total Divas, Nikki Bella or will Paige make history yet again and become a three time divas champion? In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back through what both these divas have been up to over the past couple of months and then I will be making my final predictions for the match. There is so much to get through in this blog post so lets waste no time and jump right into things!

Here is what I wrote about the last match Nikki Bella had on pay per view (not including EC):
"Divas action next and Brie and the divas champion Nikki Bella was set to take on the team of Naomi and Tamina. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting all that much from this match but after a great match before I was in a much better mood meaning I was looking forward tot he match way more than I originally was. The Bella's took early control of this match witch I was expecting to see anyway,  for me Nikki was more on point than Brie. She just looked much cleaner in the ring and she seemed to be on serious point last night. Naomi also looked good last night. We saw that viscous, aggressive side that she had adopted and it was nice to see. Brie did spend a lot of time in the ring, a lot more than Nikki and we saw her spend a lot of time in the corner of Tamina and Naomi making it next to impossible for her to make the tag. It was really good seeing just how well Naomi and Tamina work together also and it was that team work that allowed them to get the win last night. I am glad they got the win and the fact that Naomi pinned the divas champion yet again really means a lot for her. I'm actually pretty excited to see where the WWE go next with Naomi and Tamina."

This week Nikki Bella reached the two hundred day mark as divas champion slowly suppressing AJ Lee's record making two hundred and ninety five days, but if I'm being totally honest, I think we will be seeing that title reign come to an end as she takes on Paige one more time this Sunday at Money In the Bank. Nikki first one the title back in November last year at the Survivor Series pay per view. I made several comments on how I felt about how she won the title. I wasn't a fan what soever but I did think it was pretty clever. Since then she has been on roll and has been a fighting champion, defending her title regularly on both pay per views and Monday night RAW. I did enjoy the first half of her title reign but over the past couple of months she's become a boring champion and it's become clear that her title reign has been dragged out far too long. Her matches grew overly predicable and to be honest, we have hardly seen her wrestle unless she is defending the title. She has gone back and forth as a heel and a baby face more than I turn my lights on and the divas division as a whole on the main roster has just been all over the place. We can't blame Nikki at all, because when she has been in the ring she has been delivering to a high standard. The booking decisions made by creative for it's female talent have been so poor over the past three months or so and with the NXT women's talent doing so well, the lack of work being put into the female division on the main roster is so so clear. I will admit I did enjoy her feud with Naomi. I felt as though it made sense and the story was strong but it ended completely wrong. The timing was right for both Nikki to drop the title and for Naomi to finally have her run as divas champion. To this day I'm still extremely frustrated that Naomi never got the upper hand in that feud. It made perfect sense for Nikki to drop the title to her and it makes me so mad that they have kept Paige in the title picture. I've realised I'm going slightly off track so let's get back onto Nikki Bella. As I was saying, her title reign has been all over the place and over last couple of months or so she really has been booked badly. I'll give it to her though, her performances when she has been in the ring have been strong. She's been a dominate champion and has really showcased the best of her ability at times, using her strength to her advantage and putting a lot of character in her matches, but I just cannot push the thought aside of her title reign being far too long. I thought brining back twin magic a couple of weeks ago was a clever idea and should of been something that was used a couple of months back. Even though I personally thought that the fact the referee couldn't tell them apart in two thousand and fifteen was ridiculous but I do think it was a clever way to keep Nikki's title reign going strong and keeping interest in it. If they had done this say two months back then Nikki would be in the position she's in right now. It would of been a better way to ease Naomi out of the title picture and at the same time it would of been a clever way to keep some heat on Nikki and bring more interest and entertainment to her title reign. Now, I don't think Nikki will be using twin magic again this weekend to keep hold of the divas championship. If I'm being honest I'm really not looking forward to this match and even though I try my best to support the divas division I will probably be using this match as a bathroom break. The fact is, Paige and the Bella's have been on/off feuding since January and they cannot show us any more this weekend than what we have already seen from them. I think Nikki will have an all round dominate performance and we will see Paige really push Nikki to her limits. I think that is is the one positive thing we can say about these two when they go up against each other. Paige really does bring out the best in Nikki's wrestling ability. She pushes her and forces her to pull out the best of her move set. If I personally could choose the dream booking of the night I would suggest that Nikki dropped the title to Paige. As much as I really don't want to see Paige become champion again I do think it's time for something new and its more than time for Nikki's title reign to end. Saying that, knowing the WWE I think we could see Nikki go on to become the longest reigning divas champion, meaning there is no way she is dropping that title this weekend. If she does retain it will either be by DQ or by using twin magic.

You guy's all know that I'm a huge Paige fan, I have been for years now. I think she's a breath of fresh air in the WWE divas division. She brings something different and I don't just mean her image. Her in ring style, experience and character is something we haven't seen in the division before and I love that. Her list of accomplishments are insane; her first night on the main roster saw her capture the divas champion, she was the first ever NXT women's champion, she's the youngest ever divas champion and a two time divas champion in only a year of her being called up. She's by far one of the most popular divas in all of the WWE and at only twenty two she has a huge future ahead of her in the company. There's no doubt that I'm a major fan of her's however even I will admit that the WWE
are doing a Roman Reigns on her and pushing her too quickly. They are giving her all this attention so early on into her career that it just all feels too much. Its got to the point where they are basically shoving her in our faces. It makes me so mad that divas like Summer Rae, Emma, Natalya, and so many others are not getting the attention they deserve and instead the WWE main roster divas division is all about The Bella Twins and Paige twenty for seven. I'm trying my best not to compare them with NXT divas but down there we are getting multiple divas feuds with Alexa VS Carmella, Emma VS Bayley, Banks VS Lynch or Charlotte VS Dana Brooks. Its such a major difference. But moving away from NXT, I am still a major Paige fan and even though I would rather not see her as champion again I think it's very likely Nikki could be dropping the title to her this weekend. After the build up we have gotten it seems like the most likely end result. However, because of how busy Paige is set to be with Tough Enough over the next couple of months there's a huge possibility that Nikki will be retaining this weekend and she's more likely to drop the title to Charlotte when she comes up.

As I have already made it clear, I'm not looking forward to this match. I'm one hundred per cent interested in seeing how it all ends but I'm not expecting a lot. We know from past matches that these two divas can put on a great match up but I doubt that the WWE will give them the time that they were given at the start of the year when they had their main event match. I do think this match could go either way but because of how long Nikki's title reign has been I'm backing Paige on this one. Let me know who your supporting and what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Money in the bank predictions: New Day VS Prime Time players

Comments

Popular Posts