RAW Predictions

Bray Wyatt on RAW 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Its the start of another week and after and eventful past seven days and with Battleground just four weeks away we have another huge week ahead of us as the count down to the next pay per view gets going. During last weeks RAW we saw the beast, Brock Lesnar return as he was announced by the Authority as Seth Rollins Battleground opponent for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. We also saw the divas division turn on Paige as her mission to end the Bella twin era continued and the feud between Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt kick started. Tonight we will see the fallout to last weeks show and the build up to Battleground will continue as more matches are announced and the current feuds are pushed even more. In today's blog post I will be making my full predictions for tonight's show and recapping what we saw last week. Before we jump into today's blog post I have a couple of reminders and updates for you and I'm going to start with NXT month. I have already mentioned that there has been a set back for NXT month and instead of it returning in July it's now going to be coming back in August, my birthday month. I really do wish that I didn't have to push it back again but I have been so busy recently with all the live shows and prediction posts that I have no time to pre post for NXT month. I would love to know what posts you would like to see in the season to let me know by leaving a comment bellow. I will also soon be brining you my updates and news surrounding my podcast and a couple of other new projects I'm working on. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions my Money in the bank review and reactions blog post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

In this weeks RAW predictions I'm going to start with taking a look at a feud that we all have not stopped talking about for the past month; Kevin Owens VS John Cena. Last week Cena was out of action taking the week off after suffering a brutal attack at the hands of the NXT champion. I was so glad to see John take the week off, it really did emphasise the damage Owens caused at Money In The Bank after what was a phenomenal match. In an ideal world I'd love it if Cena took even more time off, just so that we could see even more of Owes and so that it would push the idea of Kevin harming John even more! But in reality we can all expect Cena to make he's return to action this week on tonight's show and that means he typical Cena promo. Now, there is no doubt that this my favourite feud going right now in all of the WWE. It's ticking all the boxes and it's a feud that just does not stop delivering. I'm very very interested in seeing what goes down next within this storyline and I think that is what makes it such a great feud. You genuinely don't know what to expect next but you know whatever it is it's going to be pretty amazing. When Cena does return tonight we can obviously expect him to address what happened during last weeks show. As you will all remember after MGK's performance we saw Kevin Owens take he's frustrations out on the rapper and adding him to the list of victims. I'm defiantly expecting serious Cena tonight and I'm really expecting him to wow us tonight on the mic, but we are also going to need to see him in action tonight. Last week Owens was on fire and picked up not one but two gigantic victories, one over Adrian Neville on RAW the other on Thursday night Smackdown over Cesaro, so tonight Cena needs to even the score and pick up a nice strong victory. Who will challenge Cena is a whole other thing. We can expect someone like Sheamus to take him on but if it is him I highly doubt the match will end cleanly. It will be interesting seeing of Owens competes tonight or if he takes the week off. Either way we can expect part three of their feud to continue and their next match either announced or hinted even more.

Back at the Money in the bank pay per view we saw Bray Wyatt send a huge message to Roman Reigns when he cost him the money in the bank contract, taking him out of the match. The following night on RAW, Wyatt cut yet another haunting promo and when he brought Reigns daughter into the mix showing the picture from their fathers day advert there was a whole new feel to the storyline. Now, I'm going to be honest, I'm not feeling this feud what so ever. I do think it has a great feel to it and there is a great story to it, but what frustrates me is what the WWE are doing with Bray. Since arriving on the scene he has been on fire and has been proving himself and time and time again. There is no doubt that Bray is a top, main event talent but the fact he is being booked so poorly and is being used to put over and push Reigns, really does anger me. Bray is by far carrying this feud in the early stages and we are defiantly gong to see that continue in their actual match at Battleground. But that is four weeks away and what we need to focus on is tonight. The end of last Thursdays Smackdown saw Bray Wyatt target Reigns again sending him yet another dramatic message. On tonight's show we can expect Reigns to respond to the messages sent by Wyatt but we can of course expect to see him in action. He me not be in the championship picture but he's booking is remaining strong and we can expect to see him continue to compete in main events. It's possible we could get a rematch sometime tonight from the Smackdown main event after how it ended, which means Ambrose and Reigns VS Kane and Sheamus. A one on one between Reigns and Sheamus is also a possible match for tonight but I doubt it would end cleanly and it would be nice if Wyatt interrupted the match and attacked Reigns. I do think he needs to have more involvement in this feud other than cutting promos. We need to see him compete more in the ring and have more physical contact with Reigns. I'd love to see a one on one between Wyatt and Neville tonight. It would be smart booking and would keep me entertained anyway.

Lets next take a look at the divas division and what an almighty mess their in right now. Since January we have seen Paige try her best to both defeat Nikki for the divas champion and get rid of the era of the Bella twins and so far she has failed to do both. I have spent a lot of time moaning about the Paige VS Bella angle and nothing has changed in the past week. I still think that it has all been going on for far too long and I still think the timing has just been all wrong. I'm slowly loosing more and more interest and at this point things have just gotten ridiculous now. Last week on Thursday night Smackdown things took a very interesting turn when we saw Alicia Fox cost Paige a one on one match against Brie Bella. This made no sense at all and I don't see the point in turning the whole divas division against Paige. It just didn't really make a lot of sense to me. An obvious booking choice for tonight is of course Paige VS Alicia Fox. It's going to be interesting seeing where the WWE go next with this but I have to say I'm not really looking forward to it all. What we can expect however is to see things slowly start to change as Paige will soon be starting her own little army which is likely to see Charlotte make her debut and join her. But there is also one other diva who could jump the Paige ship. I recently did a blog post talking about why there is going to be no escaping Eva Marie this summer and I will link that bellow, but it's possible we could very soon see Eva Marie come and join team Paige. She has recently started wrestling for NXT but that won't stop her from coming up and still working on the main roster. A handicap match at Battleground is a possibility.

Right now, there are four WWE superstars who are struggling. Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose, Kane, and Sheamus. All top superstars but all not currently in a hot feud. There some work going on between Orton and Sheamus that I have been really enjoying and its likely a one on one between him for Battleground is announced tonight or within the next couple of weeks. A tag team match between these four superstars is something that is possible for tonight's show and something I would mind seeing. I mentioned in my Smackdown review and reactions (which will also be linked bellow) that I'm not really sure about the alliance of Kane and Sheamus but its defiantly something to keep an eye on in the next couple of months or so. Talking of Sheamus from tonight onwards we can begin to see
Adrian Neville
him start to work a lot more closely with the Authority and soon he's likely to have a dominate role within the group so that is something to really watch out for. Barrett and Cesaro are two superstars who could very easily be used to face these superstars. Talking of Cesaro I'd love to see Cesaro and Rollins go at it this week, it would be a nice little random match but it would be one that could easily be a match of the month candidate. Neville VS Sheamus is a possible match for tonight's show. I'm very interested in seeing the role that Ambrose plays over the next month.

Finally, the tag division and as I said last week the WWE Tag team division is at the best it has been in a while. For once we're not just getting two stand out teams and instead almost every team is doing great witch is really good to see. There's no doubt that at Battleground the Prime time players will be defending their championships against the New Day. An expected match tonight is Darren Young VS Kofi or Woods. Xavier Woods is starting to really grow on me but another possible and predicable match tonight is Big E VS Titus O'Neil and I'm expecting the New day to get a little cheat win setting up their battle ground match.

So they are my predictions for tonight's show, let me know what yours are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Smackdown Review and Reactions
Why there is going to be no escaping Eva Marie

Comments

Popular Posts