Money In The Bank Predictions: Ryback VS Big Show

Intercontinental Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are well and good! So, this Sunday, live on the WWE Network we will see the two thousand and fifteen Money in the bank pay per view take place and what a show we have awaiting us. The booking for the pay per view is very very strong and I cannot wait to see how it will play out this weekend. After a phenomenal Elimination Chamber show, the WWE are under a lot of pressure to deliver once again and take it up a notch, but with a card like this I'm very very positive and excited to see how it will all play out. Throughout this week right up until Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for each and every single match set to take place this Sunday. I will be taking you back to the last show commenting on what I thought about the superstars previous work and month and how that will contribute to their performance this weekend and then finally I will get into my bold predictions. On the actual pay per view day I will of course be live tweeting and make my picks for the night known. Monday I will be uploading my Review and Reactions post in the morning (UK time) along with my RAW Predictions. There's plenty to get through in this blog post so I don't want to waste any time, but before we jump into things I have a couple of reminders and updates for you. You will all know by now that NXT month is returning to my blog very very soon and I do plan to start pre posting late this week so if you have any requests do please leave a comment bellow and I'll be sure to get onto writing some of them up. Hopefully I will also be have more information and updates surrounding my podcast later this month also, so there's to look forward to as well. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post including my top fifteen superstars and top twenty matches of the month post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this Sundays pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

This Sunday live on the WWE network, Ryback will have he's first ever pay per view title defence when he goes one on one with former world champion, the Big Show. In all honesty I'm not looking forward to this match at all. I think it's very very predicable and possibly the weakest match of the night but the booking makes sense and if there is one thing I'm looking forward to when it comes to this match it's Ryback's all round performance. Can the big guy keep hold of he's first ever singles championship in WWE? Or will the Big Show prove there's on space for one big guy? In today's blog post I have my full predictions for this match as I take you back to Ryback's last pay per view and match and go over what both these superstars have been up to over the past month. With so much to get through let's waste no time and jump right into things!

It's no secret that the Big Show has been struggling a heck of a lot over the past couple of years. He's managed to get into some decent feuds and storyline's but it's been a while since he truly stole the spotlight. With younger, new talent such as Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins and plenty more taking the spotlight and being the centre of attention guy's like the Big Show have really struggled. He was able to get back into the spotlight late last year back at the Survivor Series pay per view when he originally was competing for team Cena but turnt on him mid way through the match up. I''ll be honest, because I was so into the match I wasn't expecting the heel turn on the night at all but if they were going to turn anyone on the night I think we all would of predicted it would of been Show. The amount of times the WWE turn him in a year is just ridiculous, personally I think he has had he's great moments as both a heel and a baby face but it's gotten to the point in he's career where on both occasions it's just not working and he's just all round predicable. I did enjoy he's work right at the end of last year when he was feuding with Erick Rowan but I thought that was all booked wrong and to this day it still angers me that it was the Big Show who got the push and not  the younger Erick Rowan, but if I start going into all that I won't stop rambling so it's best we don't touch that subject any further. He's work with the Authority made sense and he was a nice touch to the group even though I didn't feel like there was a need for both him and Kane to have a role but it worked for a couple of months in my opinion. That leaves us up to now and even though I'm not a fan of this feud it does make sense and it will really help Ryback as IC champion. There's no chance in hell that the Big Show is capturing the IC title this weekend. He's role at Money in the bank is to put Ryback over and make him look strong throughout. Now, the big show might have become a stale boring character but he has done a lot in he's career and he has really helped kick start and push the careers of a lot of young up and coming talent (not including Erick Rowan of course). I'm not expecting a lot from this match at all. It's likely to be one of the shortest of the night and I don't think that these superstars and their in ring style is going to benefit the other in the slightest. Show will do a good job in making Ryback look stronger but this won't be a stand out match, not with a card as strong as this one anyway. Is there any chance of the Big Show walking out the winner and with a title around he's waste? You know what, I'm not going to rule it out completely. I think there is a chance he could leave the winner of this match if I'm being honest. It would make sense and I personally would be angry with the move. I think it would be great for a heel to hold the title and bring some heat to it and I think they could go off on a strong story with him as champion but in all honesty I'm gonna say this is Ryback's night.

Here is what I wrote about Ryback's performance/match at the Payback pay per view last month:
"Ryback and Bray Wyatt were in action next and I have made it clear from the very beginning that I had no interest in this match or feud. It was the one match on the card I was really not looking forward too. I don't like the feud, I didn't like the build up and for me nothing worked here. My expectations were low for this one, I will admit, but I was expecting some little surprises so I did try my best to pay close attention. For me, there was no question about it, Wyatt had to walk out with a victory over Ryback and it had to be clean. Bray must go back on that road to redemption and get back on track. Payback was the start of that journey. Ryback did take early control of this match and he didn't give Wyatt a second to take a breather and a moment. He really took it to Wyatt but there was nothing at a stand out quality. I was actually surprised at how little offence Bray got. I was expecting to see him in control much more and to see a more a dominate performance in the early stages but that wasn't the case at all. However, when Wyatt did start to gain momentum he pulled some strong stuff out of the bag and grabbed my attention. I personally struggled to get into this match. There was no strong back story and the feud still had that pointless feel to it. I kind of felt sorry for Bray to go from wrestling the Undertaker at Wrestlemania to being in a weak feud and match against Ryback at Payback. I will admit that as time went on and the match grew I began to get more into the match and things did get much much better. It was nice to see things reach a back and fourth stage and with a Bray Wyatt match comes unpredictability so that little fact kept me watching. The final moments saw Bray Wyatt take advantage of an exposed turn-buckle, being able to put in a quick sister Abigail to get a win. Yet again a well put together ending and actually the match was better than I expected."

Since returning to action late last year Ryback has had an up and down journey. Upon he's return he was pushed massively, being thrown right into the spotlight and the main event picture. He began competing against the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins. He was apart of opening and closing segments for Monday night RAW and at the Survivor Series pay per view he competed for Team Cena taking on the Authority. On the night he didn't have a stand out performance at all and left with no one talking about him for the right reasons. Now, personally I have never been a major an of Ryback but since he came back to action last year that really has changed, particularly over the past four to five months or so. The thing with Ryback is he's a really hard working and he's really passionate about the business and that really shows when he competes and when the camera is on him. Over the past eight months or so he has really connected with the fans on a personal level and I think we all have a new found strong respect for him that we never had before. He's always welcomed with a strong reaction from live crowds and he more than deserves that. He's worked extremely hard to build himself up and better himself and that really has shown. However, there is something missing with Ryback that's stopping him from being the top guy the WWE want him to be. He has a great body, a good connection with the fans and he's not terrible on the mic. He does have personality but there is something missing. He does't have the star quality and charisma of someone like Bray Wyatt or Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose and it's that that's holding him back. He doesn't have the widest of move sets and in my opinion he has never left me speechless and beleiving he should be competing for top championships. But there's something there and I do really want the best for him. When he won the IC title I will admit, I was not expecting it at all. I was convinced that Sheamus was walking away with the championship so it was a huge shock to see Ryback leave the Elimination Chamber with he's first championship. He more than deserved it after spending so long
working hard and bettering himself but I was honestly worried that the move would do no good for both him and the actual championship. When it comes to this weekend I personally don't know what side to take but I think its clear Ryback is walking away with the title still around he's waste. I've said it already in this post that I think it's clear that the Big Show is simply being used to make Ryback look strong and to put him over. A win over the big show will really help cement Ryback as a strong champion and one to watch but I do think this could a be a feud we see continue for at least another month.

I do think this is a very very predicable match up and I'm personally not expecting a lot from it. However, I am interested in seeing how it all ends and if the feud will go on a little longer. The booking is predicable but clever and it does make sense. I wouldn't mind seeing big show get the up hand I think storyline wise it would be a smart move to make but I'm going with Ryback on this one for all the obvious reasons. Let me know who your backing and what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts