Money In The Bank Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's the morning after the night before and in today's blog post I'm taking you back through all of last night's action as I bring you my Money In the Bank review and reactions. I have really been looking forward to writing and uploading this blog post and I cannot wait to see what you all thought too! Today, I will be answering questions such as; Was Kevin Owens able to knock off the fifteen time world champion John Cena? Who left the pay per view as the WWE World Heavyweight champion? And which of the seven superstars was crowned the two thousand and fifteen Mr Money in the bank? There is so much to get through in today's post and so I don't want to waste any time what so ever. But before we get into the action I have a couple of reminders for you all! First up NXT month. Unfortunately, NXT month has been pushed back on more month due to personal issues taking up a lot of time. The plan now is to bring it back in August which is my Birthday month so I'd love to be able to do it then anyway. I will also have further updates and information on my podcast which I'm still working on. I will start pre posting for NXT month very very soon so if there are any posts in particular you would like to see let me know before the end of the month. I'm also planning on brining back my Get to know and weekly top five superstars blog post so if that's something you would like to see then do let me know. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Don't forget my RAW predictions for tonight will be up later today! Finally, you can let me know what YOU thought of Money in the bank by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Before we get into the main show review and reactions we first need to go back to the kick off show and as usual it was hosted by the beautiful and extremely talented, Renee Young (if you would like to see a blog post all about Renee Young let me know in the comments bellow). Joining Renee were former NXT superstar and current commentator, Corey Graves, Smackdown commentator Byron Saxton and Booker T. As usual they all did a great job in doing the final hype for the pay per view and they did a good job in getting me even more excited for the pay per view. Renee as usual did an outstanding job in hosting the entire show, another great panel.I was glad they touched on the passing of Dusty Rhodes, it was done really well and it brought a whole new feel to the show. As we found out last week the kick off show match was set to be a one on one between R-truth and Bad News Barrett. I wasn't a fan of this booking at all. I felt and still do feel as though Barrett deserved so much better. I don't understand why the WWE are not doing more with him and giving him the push he deserves. I'm still sitting and hopeing that the WWE do have something bigger planned for him later in the year. As for R-truth there is no doubt that he is seriously entertaining and very funny so I didn't mind him competing in a little match last night. The match last night surprisingly saw Truth take early control and he got some very early offence which was nice to see for a change. It's always great to see Truth get a bit of in ring attention even if like last night it doesn't last that long.I actually found this match easy to get into and I think the fact that Truth spent a lot of time in control was one of the reasons why I carried on watching and got into it so much. It was something different and they did work well together throughout, a lot of character from the start and throughout. In the end Truth was able to get a quick win which in all honesty didn't go down to well with me. I really don't like how Barrett was booked last night but it was an easy watch match and it did get me fired up and ready for the actual main money in the bank show.

Opening the show was the the Money in the bank ladder match. I really wasn't expecting them to open the show with the biggest match of the night. I was really expecting it to be much much later in the show but it was a massive way to kick start the night. It got everyone gripped and excited straight away. This has been one of my favourite match types for a very long time. Every single year I look forward to this pay per view and this match. I think I've always loved the unpredictability and the different styles are bundled into one match. Saying that, I did honestly think that last night's was one of the most predicable Money in the bank ladder matches of all time. I personally was backing Sheamus and Kane but deep down I think we all was beleiving that Roman Reigns was leaving the show the new Mr Money in the bank. This year did see a great mixture of experienced and inexperienced superstars. Guys like Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler and Kane were walking into this match with bags of experience while Reigns and Neville were competing in their first so there was a great little mixture in their not to mention the very different styles also. Even though I did feel it was a little predictable I was really into the match from the get go and it was one that I was probably most hyped for. Entrances were interesting, Ziggler was accompanied to the ring by Lana which as interesting, it's gonna be good to see if they have anything bigger planned for these two, I'm personally not a fan of the pairing but it's interesting to say the least. I'd say Ziggler and Reigns got the best reaction and Kofi got a great heel crowd reaction. Talking of Kofi he was oddly one of the favourites to win this match. Right at the very start of this match Kofi went straight for the ladder really showing he's veteran side and experience in this match and we saw that maintain throughout the match. It was clear he was very very experienced in this match and he used he's experience from the very start and throughout. He spent a lot of time centre of attention and I was actually really surprised to see just how much attention was on him throughout the entire match up. Another early stand out was Sheamus. He's a very barbaric superstar and with this stipulation of match he was able to really show that. He constantly tried to climb the ladder, he remained centre of attention going straight on the attack to several superstars in the match. He took control and was a dominate figure from the get go. Talking of barbaric superstars and performances, Reigns came to money in the bank with a whole new attitude and persona. He was much more viscous last night and I think he needed to be. He really did stand out and was someone I really kept my eyes on. A strong,stand out performance he had such a great reaction from the live crowd also. We didn't get as much from Ziggler as I expected but we really did see he's experience come into play and he was by far one of the crowd favourites. He had some great moments in this match that really did get everyone talking. Some strong chemistry between him and Neville that I loved seeing. Kane was someone we didn't see as much of either. He was one of my favourite's going into this match and I wanted to see even more than we did. He's experience showed throughout this match and when he did have control he really had control. One of the best moments of the night had to be when Bray Wyatt came out and attacked Reigns taking him out of the match. I felt it was a really clever way to kick start a new feud for both superstars while also taking Reigns out of the picture. In the end it was my favourite of the night who walked out Mr Money in the bank. I was so happy to see Sheamus leave the winner. He honestly deserved it so much and I cannot wait to see what the next year has in store for him. I did want the match to be longer but for what we got it was really good and I was completely entertained. Good ending and a great way to kick off the show.

Divas action next and Nikki Bella was set to defend her divas championship against the two time champion and long time rival, Paige. The match came about after Nikki used twin magic to retain the title a couple of weeks ago on RAW when she took on Paige. The match on that particular night might not have been the best but there was some great spots and even though I wasn't a fan of Paige getting yet another title shot, their history in the ring together proves they can deliver some strong matches and so I tried to stay positive last night. Like I said, I wasn't all for the booking but it did make sense, I was just hopeing we were going to get a clean ending. I was backing Paige throughout the show purely because I felt as though Nikki's title reign should of ended a month ago ( I still don't get why they never had her drop the title to Naomi at Elimination Chamber). I felt as though putting the title back on Paige was the best move to make but with Paige working with Tough Enough it could of gone either way last night. There was a strong build up and story to this match so it was going to be an interesting one. The start of the match saw Paige take full control completely dominating the champion. I was actually surprised to see just how physical this match got so early on. I also found that the crowd were really into this match which was amazing to see they really did get behind Paige and it was so refreshing seeing a crowd so into a divas match. It was an easy match to get into and I did find myself really enjoying what I was watching. Yes it was a little predictable but it was actually really good match, it was so much better than what we usually get. Nikki and Paige have such great chemistry and with the strong matches they have had in the past this one was so easy to watch and enjoy and was another to add to the list of good matches they have had against one another. Just like before we saw Paige push Nikki throughout this match. She forced her to really show more of her move set and up her game and she did just that last night and they both had a really good showing. Nikki demonstrated her strength extremely well but we got a lot of diversity from Paige and we saw so much from her move set. I did like as well how they showed the divas in the
back watching the match it added to the story a lot. The closing moments were very interesting, the Bella's tried to use twin magic but Paige was able to pin Brie to get the win. However, when the referee realised it wasn't actually Nikki she had pinned, Nikki was able to get a quick attack and that was enough for her to retain the championship. Hated this division. A great match but was not a fan of the ending, however it did generate a lot of attention so I can't complain too much.

Ryback was up next and he had he's first title defence as he went one on one with The Big Show for the Intercontinental Championship. I will be honest, this was the match I was least looking forward too, but I did have some interest. I think the problem I personally had was that I wasn't looking forward to the actual match. I wasn't expecting a lot at all and I did think it was a little predicable. But I think the actual feud and storyline had potential. It's an easy easy way to put over Ryback and make him look strong but at the same time I would of liked to have seen him drop the title to the Big Show or at least see the feud go on until he did drop it to him, just because I think it could be a huge step forward for the Big Show and I think it would be just what he needs. Plus, I do honestly think he could bring a lot to the actual championship.Before last nights match the Miz came out and cut an actually good promo but it did all seem like a waste of space and I had no interest if I'm being honest and for some reason he joined the announce team for this match. I really don't like Miz's involvement in this little feud at all so I hated the role he played last night. Anyway, back to last nights action and the early moments of this match saw Ryback go straight on the attack and try finish the match early but it of course didn't go he's way and Show was able to turn things around. An early part of this match also the champion throw the Miz over the announce table which put a little smile on my face. Talking of the Miz, the attention was all on him after he attacked the Big Show towards the end causing the match to end in DQ. I hated this. I understand that this has set up a triple threat for the next month but I really didn't like this. Ryback deserved and needed something much stronger for he's first pay per view title defence.

Up next was one of the matches I was most looking forward too as we saw the Elimination Chamber rematch between NXT champion Kevin Owens and fifteen time world champion and current United States champion, John Cena. It was only a couple of weeks back that we saw these two tare the house down at Elimination Chamber  where they had one of the best matches I have seen in a very long time. It's an easy candidate for match of the year and so I was very interested in seeing if they were able to top their last match, and trust me it was going to be really hard to do so but I was very excited to see what we were going to get. I think it was one of those matches were regardless of who was going to be walking out the winner we knew we were getting something amazing, something that we will all be talking about for a long time to come. Out of every match on the card (and it was a great card if I must say so myself) this had the strongest story. It was most interesting, most entertaining and most gripping. It was a clever storyline and one that allowed every single member of the WWE universe to get involved and feel passionate about. The crowd were on fire throughout the night with of course it being a split reaction with Owens getting the stronger reaction. The match was very split from the get go with both superstars having an equal amount of momentum. We also got a repeat of their last match as Owens spent more time mocking Cena throughout the match which just added to the feel to it all and got me even more excited and into the match. This was honestly such an even and intense match and it was so easy to get into and enjoy. Even my mum was shouting at the TV for this one! The match flowed so so well, the transition from one move to another was so clean and so well done, I can't fault it at all. We saw some new moves from both Cena and Owens. I was completely gripped throughout this entire match. In the end it was John who walked away with the win in this one was predicted. A phenomenal showing from both superstars. They both pushed each other so much and brought out the very best in one another. By far one of the best matches I have seen this year so far. Great story telling and Owens has nothing to be ashamed of after that performance and when he attacked Cena after the match I was honestly buzzing with excitement. It as just done so well and Owens still left the man of the night.

We then saw the tag team titles being defend as the New Day took on Darren Young and Titus O'Neil. Over the past two to three months or so I have had nothing but positive things to say about the WWE tag team division. I can honestly say I have been enjoying the work greatly and for the first time in a long time the division is getting the attention they deserve. There was a time that tag team wrestling in the WWE was at an all time high and for a while now we haven't seen it get anywhere near that high, but I'm loving what we have been getting recently. Last night I was really interested in seeing how this match was going to work out. Personally, I was backing the prime time players. They may not be the strongest in ring competitors but they have so much character, so much charisma and so much passion that putting the tag team titles on them would not have gone down badly. They have spent years bettering themselves and waiting for their moment to shine and it's about time the WWE gave them the push the deserve. I have also really been enjoying the work of the New Day, you guys all know that I'm a major new day fan and they have been keeping me very very entertained so at the same time I wouldn't have minded seeing them retain the titles. Talking of new day, last night saw Big E and Xavier Woods compete and defend the titles after earlier in the night Kofi competed in the money in the bank ladder match and was put through a ladder. Before the match I really enjoyed the promo delivered by the New day, I thought it was a nice little touch and it was done really well, it put a smile on my face anyway. The champs did take early control of this match, full of energy and rage they really dominated the early stages of this match. Darren Young who kick started the match for the Prime Time Players struggled massively to get any offence or momentum going and the match fell flat quick because of this. It took a great deal of time before Titus was able to get into the match but when he did the pace of the match really did speed up and there was a huge shift in momentum and control. I'm always amazed by the strength of Titus and last night was no different. The closing moments saw the Prime time players took full control and in the end Titus was able to pin Xavier Woods to get the win and become the new WWE Tag team champions. I was honestly so so proud of these guys, they really deserved it and its about time they got this push.

Finally, main event time and what a main event we were set to have as two of the WWE youngest, hottest, and fastest raising talents took centre stage as Seth Rollins defend the WWE World Heavyweight championship in a ladder match. Now, before I get into anything can I just say how proud I am of our shield boys. Honesty, these guys are just taking over and I'm so so proud of every single one of them and that includes Reigns. Right, so ladder matches are one of my favourite matches in all of WWE and with these two superstars competing, two of my personal favourites, I allowed myself to sit back and really enjoy this one. These guys have such a huge history that dates back all the way to FCW and the chemistry they share is just insane. No matter what the stage, what the time and what the match these two just steal any show and always always deliver to a high standard. Because of their history everyone did have high expectations of this match, including myself, but I knew these guys wouldn't disappoint and they didn't what so ever! I was honestly hooked from the very beginning right through to the very end and I was on the edge of my seat throughout. The chemistry between these two was something that first grabbed my attention and was something that stayed throughout. These guys have so much history together and they know each other so well in the ring that just like all their other matches it was of such a high quality and it was just so easy to get into and enjoy. Right from the very start we got a fast paced, action packed match which honestly got better and better and better as it went on. Their was not a dull moment what so ever and they just told the perfect story throughout. It was so clear they knew each other well in the
ring and they just brought the best out of each other as usual. The match itself was honestly everything that I look for, it was barbaric, extreme, unpredictable, it was fast paced, entertaining, easy to get into and had so much story behind it. There came  point in the match where Rollins started working on one of Ambrose's legs and it was then that the lunatic fringe started to struggle more and struggled to gain some kind of momentum back. For while we saw Rollins take full control, working
on the injured leg favouring the figure four leg lock to use and put pressure on the leg. This was such a high quality match, with so much intensity and excitement, that I did not take my eyes off of my TV screen for a split second. The crowd were so into this match from the very start right to the very end and the two of them just stole the show and put on an outstanding match. They just gave it their all and pulled everything they could think of and had out of the bag. This was one of the most physically intense matches I have ever seen. So gripping, so entertaining, simply outstanding. I was on the edge of my seat throughout this match and the closing moments had me hardly breathing as we saw both superstars fall from the ladder with the championship but still holding on the title it was Seth Rollins who retained the WWE World Heavyweight championship. He may not have one, but Ambrose stole the show and cemented himself as a top WWE, main event talent.

All round I thought this was an amazing pay per view. We had about four stand out matches and for only six matches on the card I'd say that was a pretty good outcome. We got a really really strong divas match, the money in the bank ladder match was great, Cena VS Owens part two was one of the best matches I have seen all year round, and the main event was simply phenomenal. I would give this pay per view and eight out of ten. Let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria

Comments

Popular Posts