Extreme Rules Predictions: John Cena VS Rusev

United States Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Its that time of the month again as another pay per view has rolled around. It's time for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, the place where the fallout comes to and end the start of new feuds really kick starts. It's one of my favourite pay per views of the year, Extreme Rules. Last years Extreme Rules pay per view didn't go down all that well with me. I thought there were a couple of strong matches that I really enjoyed but as a whole it fell pretty flat. This year however, it seems to be a touch different and I'm much more interested in the matches on the twenty fifteen card. I think the main reason I'm more for this years show is because it's far less predicable and the line up just feels more put together. Anyway, this Sunday we will see Extreme Rules live on the WWE network and cable TV and throughout the whole of this week right up until Saturday I will be brining you my predictions for every single match on the card. I will admit these are not my favourite posts to do at all but they do go down well and in the end I do enjoy doing it I just hate hate hate how time consuming they are. For every match I will take you through what has happened over the past month, commenting on the build up of all the matches, what each superstar has been up to and making bold predictions for the match. I will also be inserting what I wrote about each superstars performance at Wrestlemania from my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post. At the end of each post I will also be writing who I would like to win and who I think will win (there's a difference). I will link bellow any recent posts including last months Wrestlemania Review and Reactions. I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me at tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

So we are on day two, Tuesday, and it's time to take a look at another championship match this time it's for the United States Championship as John Cena takes on Rusev for a third pay per view in a row. Can the fifteen time world champion defeat Rusev for a final time and retain the championship? Or will Rusev recapture the title and regain he's momentum? In today's blog post I'm going to take you back to their Wrestlemania brawl by inserting what I wrote about their match in my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post, then I'm going to take you through what both superstars have been up to for the past month and finally make my bold predictions. With so much to get through let's get started.

Content from Wrestlemania thirty one review and reactions post- "Up next was another match I was really looking forward too and another one I spoke really high of throughout the build up. Now, I have said it before and I will say it again, if you would of told me a couple of months back that I would of found the Rusev/John Cena feud one of the best feuds of the year so far, I would of told you you were insane, but the build up and the strong wrestling work from Rusev has just turnt my opinion on the feud completely around. Rusev's entrance last night was very very controversial, it looked great but even I thought it was kind of crossing a line. To be honest, I did feel like it didn't matter who won the actual match, either way it was going to be a great one and the end result will benefit the United States championship. I do think the title got a little lost in the build up but if you scrap everything back this was the first time in a very long time that the title has been made a major deal. In the first stages of the match it was Rusev who took control and dominated but it very quickly became a back and fourth thing when Cena turnt things around. I forgot to mention that it was great seeing Lana back last night also. We heard the crowd  chant for her throughout the match witch  I found pretty funny. Rusev was by far the man of this match. He really did prove himself last night and brought everything he had. Rusev proved he is apart of that top future in the WWE and proved to be a top star in the WWE. This match was so well put together, so well thought, and had so much energy, passion, and story to it that it was almost perfect. The closing moments saw Lana get on the ramp to then be knocked off by Rusev by accident giving him the distraction and allowing Cena to become the new United States champion. Finally, the US championship means something and had credibility. One of my fave matches of the night and a great ending."


The night after Wrestlemania John Cena set up an open challenge for the United States championship, and answering  it would be the longest reigning United States champion, Dean Ambrose. The match was absolutely outstanding and they both had a huge showing. In the end John Cena picked up the win and was high on momentum. Before this match, Cena had cut a great promo and spoke about brining prestige back to the championship and announced that he was going to be a fighting champion, allowing the title to give all the guys in the back a chance. All the underdogs, all the guys who may not usually get a shot at a championship, and anyone who flat out wanted to take him on. I'll be honest, I love this idea. I think putting the title on the line every week really does bring a sense of unpredictability every week. When I say unpredictability I don't mean that the title will be changing hands at any moment because lets face it, we all knew that Ambrose was not becoming champion the night after Mania against Cena, but the unpredictability in the sense that literally anyone could step out and take Cena on and could get their time to shine and that's something that RAW in particular was really missing. Throughout the month we got several great matches during the open challenge and we really got to see some really strong performances from some of the guys who we don't see enough of. But what the WWE did here was really clever. All of this allowed Cena to gain a bunch of momentum while at the same time adding so much to the United States championship also. This month we also got a pretty good promo from Cena on Smackdown. I'm always talking about why he should make more appearances on Smackdown so that was really nice little touch also.

A thew weeks back I did watch the Live with Chris Jericho interview with John Cena and I have to be honest, I do have a new found, strong, understanding and respect for John Cena. I've never been a major Cena fan and I never will be, you wont be seeing sporting a Cena shirt and chanting he's name at my TV but I have always respected him as a person and after watching the interview last week my respect for him has reached an all time high and really do understand him much much more.

Rusev on the other hand hasn't had the best of the past four weeks or so. He hasn't made as many appearances on both RAW and Samckdown and when he has he hasn't done much at all. We have seen some impressive mic work from him and the segments between him and Cena have been really strong and key in the build up to their match this Sunday. Momentum wise Rusev is a touch behind. Last week he was able to manage get back on top when he attacked Cena from behind with a chain during the RAW London show. Lana would then announce that their match at Extreme Rules would be a Russian Chain match, and you know what I actually like this. The match needed something new, something different in order to work a third time round and this way it allows Rusev to be able to shine and take the spotlight for a while also. As well as that having the match as a Russian chain match is going to allow Rusev to bring out a more barbaric side to him that we haven't seen yet, witch I'm really looking forward too. I do really worry for Rusev. I think one more match against Cena could actually be really bad for him and that's not what I want at all. I think he's such a talented superstar with so much potential and he really has proved himself to a whole new level this year, another loss against Cena could really do some damage if he's not used correctly after this. I keep saying it but they really do need to stop using new talent badly and putting over the older guys instead of the younger ones with the longer future in the company. I wished that he has more involvement during the build up to the match and we saw him more. I really liked however that they didn't over do it between Cena and Rusev in the feud this time round. They completely stripped it down and made it all about building up the United States championship, The open challenges have been a great thing and it was nice not seeing stupid, pointless segments and promos on one another between Cena and Rusev. But I do think Rusev should of been on our screens more, maybe a couple of little wins to gain some momentum but maybe the fact he was hardly on our screen was a good thing and it might really work come Sunday.

I do think this match will be shorter than their pasts matches. I don't think there's a reason for this match to be a long one and I don't think it will work. If this match drags on it will very quickly become brining and everyone will find themselves using the match as a bathroom break match. These two have had two outstanding, great matches and a third on in a row is always risky this has to be the end of their feud and Rusev has to come out of this with something strong after. There's no way in hell that Cena is dropping the title this weekend. If there is one move the WWE have done that I have loved and the one thing they have done right this year is putting the United States championship on John Cena. I have a whole other post ready to go up about the WWE pushing Championships so look out for that in the next month. Putting that title on John Cena was the best decision the WWE have made in a long time. He bring back importance, prestige and credit to the title, something it has been
lacking for a long time. Dropping the title to Rusev would make no sense what so ever and wouldn't help either superstar. As much as I love Rusev if he wins this weekend it will make no sense and there will be nothing for him at all. However, a win for Cena will continue that unpredictable feel and their are multiple storyline's and feuds for him and the championship. So for me it's a no brainier this weekend. Cena is walking away still the United States champion. I think this will either be their worse or their best match, plain and simple. Rusev is likely to have a very dominate performance and likely carry it. I think we will see a very barbaric Rusev, a side to him we may not have seen before but I do think that it will be difficult for them to live up to their previous matches.

Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Extreme Rules Predictions: Nikki Bella VS Naomi

Comments

Popular Posts